EA Forums - Banner

KEEP THE SNOW!!! WINTER JUST STARTED..SPRING IS FAR AWAYYYYYY!!!!

Prev1

For those that hate Winter, why not ask EA to transform Krustiland into a tropical paradise for all the winter birds to emigrate?

Or better yet, and more profitable to EA, we can choose either for a price?

It is unrealistic to say the least to open game into a greenish landscape when a snow storm is raging out of the window..

Please EA keep things natural ad give us snow at least till February to awake to spring with a few hearts. <3
I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
tstoforum

Replies

• meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    No snow out my window. :wink: I do agree that if they are going to give us snow it should last for for awhile.
  • I'd pay a reasonable amount of donuts (50ish) for a weather change option. I'm guessing though that it would increase local game size since they would need to keep regular and snow-covered files for everything, which is probably why it's limited only to the winter event for everyone.
  • EA killed the holidays, so why not go back to sunshine?
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • I wish it would last until February, but it looks like they need a store update to completely remove the Winter event, so we end up getting a really early spring.
  • I'd pay a reasonable amount of donuts (50ish) for a weather change option. I'm guessing though that it would increase local game size since they would need to keep regular and snow-covered files for everything, which is probably why it's limited only to the winter event for everyone.

Yes this is the reason and you 'd need to download it everytime if you wanted to switch and not downloading it all at once
    petehd14 wrote: »
    I wish it would last until February, but it looks like they need a store update to completely remove the Winter event, so we end up getting a really early spring.

The removal will probably come either the 2nd or when homer the heretic ends
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • There was a game called Trade Nations, where you bought a "snow man" for $
    When you put your snowman in town, you had a winter wonderland - icluding lights, I think.
    When you put the snowman in the inventory all your town went bacl to eternal springtime
    Have no idea of how this was achieved.

I know that the snow staying too short a time is a disappointment to me.
    In game, ofcourse, in real life I wish I could go to Hawaii and stay there till May...

B)

I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
    tstoforum
  • AARONRTD
    1807 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    bluntcard wrote: »
    EA killed the holidays, so why not go back to sunshine?

EA had no effect on my "holidays". They were alive and kicking, so what's your real problem? I think it was the grumple who Peed in the forums cheerios.
  • Yes, keep the snow!
    First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP
  • One year the snow stayed into January for the Mr. Plow mini event. Right now I'm enjoying the real snow where I like it to be: the beautiful view of the distant mountain peaks
  • 4junk3000
    5301 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    The snow should stay through until Valentine's event releases.

And, during the month between the Christmas and valentine's events, there should be limited time jobs like:

- shovel snow
    - Build snowmen
    - Have giant snowball fight (this should be a group thing adding as many characters as you want to the melee
    - Go to shelter for free coffee
    - Stand by flaming trash can
    - Cross country ski

Not an event, nothing to accumulate, just some more fun outdoor task animations, maybe with a premium pay rate as incentive to use them.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • Snow is awful for designing.
  • I don't understand this thread.
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • 1pillform wrote: »
    I don't understand this thread.
    What part dont you understand? The part where some people want the snow in the game to last longer than just the Christmas themed event period, or the part where...

... that's the only part.

Then I suggested having more limited-availability tasks to do to which make more use of the snow instead of just a visual scenery change.

Are you with us now? Maybe you can think of some other show related tasks. Like ice skating! Or making snow angels!
  • I wouldn't mind is we got something like the dirt where we can place snow anywhere we want and keep it year round if we want. I'd probably keep a small winter area in my town.
  • ldavidgr68 wrote: »
    Snow is awful for designing.

As well for mowing the lawn. Maybe postpone details like placing flowers and shrubs until spring?
  • The snow is fine to stay for awhile, but the Christmas decorations should be removed from trees and bushes after New Year's because it looks tacky and out of place.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • Totally cool with the snow getting the eff out of my Springfield as soon as possible
  • "For those that hate Winter, why not ask EA to transform Krustiland into a tropical paradise for all the winter birds to emigrate?"

Best idea I ever heard/. Also allow us to move a lot more of our stuff to Krustyland where I have lots of room and away from my Springfield where I have little. I would be in 7th heaven if we could put the monorail in Krustyland. I could redo a whole theme park! And old west land. pagan land. etc., etc.
  • lukeout007 wrote: »
    Totally cool with the snow getting the eff out of my Springfield as soon as possible

+1
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »
    The snow should stay through until Valentine's event releases.

And, during the month between the Christmas and valentine's events, there should be limited time jobs like:

- shovel snow
    - Build snowmen
    - Have giant snowball fight (this should be a group thing adding as many characters as you want to the melee
    - Go to shelter for free coffee
    - Stand by flaming trash can
    - Cross country ski

Not an event, nothing to accumulate, just some more fun outdoor task animations, maybe with a premium pay rate as incentive to use them.

Ai love this idea. I too would like the snow to stay until February. I can wait to do the landscaping.