EA Forums - Banner

Inventory needs improving

Prev1
frogger53
684 posts Member
edited January 2017
This may have been mentioned before but EA needs to revamp the way inventory works....

why is it that when you have more than one of the same item and you want to reuse them all, after you place the first item, you are taken back to the beginning of your inventory which means you have to scroll all the way back to where you were?

Wouldn't it be better If it kept your place so you don't need to scroll from the beginning every time you place an item. It's annoying if you have a lot if inventory, like I do.

Also, why is it when you store any items that count towards your multiplier, the conform-o-meter bonus is reduced by that item's multiplier until you use it again. Seasonal items, such as Simpson's snowmen and christmas trees, have to be kept out of storage to count towards the bonus.
Post edited by frogger53 on

Replies

• cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    Agreed. Inventory is horrible.
  • jukan00
    2314 posts Member
    frogger53 wrote: »
    This may have been mentioned before but EA needs to revamp the way inventory works....

why is it that when you have more than one of the same item and you want to reuse them all, after you place the first item, you are taken back to the beginning of your inventory which means you have to scroll all the way back to where you were?

Wouldn't it be better If it kept your place so you don't need to scroll from the beginning every time you place an item. It's annoying if you have a lot if inventory, like I do.

Also, why is it when you store any items that count towards your multiplier, the conform-o-meter bonus is reduced by that item's multiplier until you use it again. Seasonal items, such as Simpson's snowmen and christmas trees, have to be kept out of storage to count towards the bonus.

It WOULD be better. It used to be that way too. They changed it a couple years back. So annoying.
  • suetopia
    4227 posts Member
    Yes. It is annoying and frustrating when you want to design and/or decorate with stored items.

And the regular store does it too - which is a pain when you are buying stuff to decorate with. Sure - you can buy multiples (usually). But if you decide you want more, or accidentally close the store... it can be very frustrating.
  • I can't even imagine what it would be like if you nuked and EVERYTHING was in there.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • cdepast wrote: »
    Agreed. Inventory is horrible.

+1
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • agree!

the issue of scrolling back to item if you placed it is only in Springfield Heights and it's mega annoying :s
    First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP
  • I completely agree. We have far too many items so searching for something can be a pain. They need to have a categorization system, a search bar, holding your place and most importantly, keep your conform-o-meter bonus when things aren't placed. Many of those things cost real money, so their effects should be in effect regardless of being stored or placed.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • I would be happy to go back to the old/original inventory system if it meant it would be back like it was. It was nice to place an item and return to that item again. My wife's town is hit and miss on this subject. Sometimes it goes back to that same item, and sometimes it returns me sort of close to where I was and not the beginning again. And sometimes it returns me to the beginning.

If someone made a fight club about it, perhaps EA would address it.
  • I agree with you 100%. I find it annoying that it does that
  • I can't even imagine what it would be like if you nuked and EVERYTHING was in there.
    First I would stop breathing then I would cry a little and I might having a flying devise. Then buying a new devise (cats could buy their own food that week) ................
    I would be much happier if EA could just fix the inventory. Maybe "fence" can be put under the fence category while they're at it? :p
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.

• If someone made a fight club about it, perhaps EA would address it.

They most definitely would. They did. Remember the inventory glitch? They fixed that in record time. I'm wondering if the change from the old style inventory to the one we're all complaining about was a preventive measure to ensure that would never happen again.

• Agree, especially about the multiplier. If you've earned it, you should get it. Also wish when you opened your inventory that it took up the whole screen showing three or four rows of inventory instead of just one.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
    First I would stop breathing then I would cry a little and I might having a flying devise. Then buying a new devise (cats could buy their own food that week) ................I would be much happier if EA could just fix the inventory.
    Everytime I accidentally tap that button, I kind of freak out, even though I know there are a couple of warnings. :cold_sweat: That might even cause me to quit.

• a search option in the inventory would be very welcome!
  • A search option would be great, especially if I knew what everything was called :) better then "that purple sticky outy bush" :)
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • 1pillform
    1996 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I don't know why but I sort of thought I was the only one having this issue. Because my game has been glitched and messed up for years on and off. Sometimes stuff happens. I just thought that it bringing back ALLLLLL the way to the beginning was a glitch. But I'm glad I'm not the only one this happens to. Ya when I'm at the VERY end where some items I use are in my storage. I use it and I go back and its the beginning. I'm like rage1.jpg

Especially when My game could crash like right after that. So I got my crashing issues and this issue AT the same time! So its like a double fail that happens....and its beyond annoying.
    ~Always be Designing~
  • adruralo
    3277 posts Member
    The only people who would like the inventory the way it is, if there inventory is empty.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • I'd would be fun to see who has the least in their inventory.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • agree. i have to sell all the sell-able items only to shorten the scroll.