EA Forums - Banner

Not a big fan of the writing

This would be my very first complaint since downloading the game in the beta testing, I absolutely love the show and the game but I think the writing needs to get better. I do not really think Lisa would refer to we dad as "homer", that's a Bart thing. Lisa has always called him dad on more occasions than not.

After completing part 3 of the Karma trials, she refers to him as "Homer".

It just doesn't fit or feel right.

Replies

• callumcmor23
    488 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    This would be my very first complaint since downloading the game in the beta testing, I absolutely love the show and the game but I think the writing needs to get better. I do not really think Lisa would refer to we dad as "homer", that's a Bart thing. Lisa has always called him dad on more occasions than not.

After completing part 3 of the Karma trials, she refers to him as "Homer".

It just doesn't fit or feel right.

She has called him homer as well since she said her first word
    Post edited by callumcmor23 on
  • I agree, she called Flanders "Ned" in an earlier quest and that felt pretty lazy writing too
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I missed those but I noticed a similar thing is this quest. In part 4 Homer refers to Marge by her name when speaking with Lisa. Seemed like he should have said "your mother" or something like that.
  • Honestly, I never even read the speech bubbles anymore. Not necessarily because it's bad writing, it just doesn't interest me.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • Half of the reason why I play is because of dialog and getting a crack up in the events
  • Half of the reason why I play is because of dialog and getting a crack up in the events

+1
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • 1pillform
    2012 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    lol I've never read any of the dialog and I've been playing for years. I just like the gameplay. It's mostly why I play is to play it. I could care less about any sort of story that takes place. Mostly because when they do stuff I feel its "new" because they usually put in the new garbage from the newer seasons which I never watch. So that's usually why I don't give a damn.
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.

+1

Me too
  • The dialogue is one of the best parts of the game for me and the quality of the writing is superb in general, I know that the odd error slips in from time to time but overall I find it extremely funny, in fact personally I think that the game is sometimes funnier than the show.