EA Forums - Banner

Crawl to the Finish

Prev134567203
johncolombo
11065 posts Senior Moderator
edited January 2017
For some reason I started a new town yesterday, It's kinda fun starting over. I have no intention of racing through this like the race to the finish gang, so if anyone wants to start a new town and play casually we can discuss it here. I'm playing under John3288. The only rule is play Freemium and we have 3 goals. Buy the giant robot 75 donuts, buy the cobblestone pavement, 40 donuts and buy a whale 300 donuts. We haven't decided on what were crawling too officially but I'd guess who ever hits level 939 first wins. We are kinda winging this.

tips page
https://forums.ea.com/en/discussion/90074/cttf-new-build-prices-and-tips#latest

Current players:
John3288 - johncolombo
DeesToonTown - IckabodSchrek
sandybottom2 - sandwedgeking
CallMeNancyDrew - 00mesmerelda00
GrannysCTown - Muhsterino
MrsButton1 - stephtog
popcorn2864 - maryclaire1
MADladyinAZ - meinaz
1juliet1 - juliet603
phinneacttf - Phinnea
szia_miga - camillasan372
fast2shadow2 - fastshadow2
socialdisa56 - RMVancleav710
SheilaL2017 - SquirrelLadd
Springfield_s3 - springfield_cttf
Fastcrawl999 - daved7637397
BulldogMom23 - happyone2323
Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
Post edited by johncolombo on

Replies

• IckabodSchrek
    5919 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Rules
    Freemium. You may rush tasks, but not purchase donuts
    IckabodSchrek and Muhsterino both finished on 6/20/17. Muhsterino would have finished much sooner but EA put the Whale in a Vault for an event making it unavailable for purchase until 6/20/17.
    Goals
    Purchase a Robot First Recognition Meinaz
    Purchase Cobblestone Streets First Sandwedgeking
    Purchase a Whale First Sandwedgeking
    Nuke a Princess Nuke Krustyland when all quests there have been completed.First MaryclaireSecond PhinneaThird Muhsterino
    Billionaires! First- Meinaz-February 24, Second-Springfield-s3, Third- Muhsterino
    First Player to get Sideshow Bob- JohnColombo
    Missing Sideshow Bob Award- Springfield_s3 -level 916-HappyOne2323-level 730 Fastshadow2 -level 693 &SquirrelLadd-level 50
    First to win Sideshow You- Muhsterino
    First to Reach 939! - Muhsterino -May 10th, Second - IckabodSchrek -June 16
    First with 5 Stars - Happyone2323
    Crawler Award - SquirrelLadd - level 50
    We began with 17 players and ended with 10 active players
    939 Muhsterino - 257.10% XP
    939 IckabodSchrek - 210.35%XP
    916 Springfield_s3 - 238%XP
    730 HappyOne2323 -
    693 fast2shadow2 - 175.35%XP
    633 phinneacttf
    443 johncolombo - 127.85%XP
    390 maryclaire1
    59 sandwedgeking
    50 SquirrelLadd

List of Glitches/Bugs we've Found

*Error Adding Friends: log out and back in, if this doesn't fix try logging in from a different device

*Friends handshakes don't always show up (only the name)so no points awarded: may be happening if you don't leave enough buildings for neighbors to tap

* Level 2 or 3 some of the task timers don't start until you visit friends and back

*Level 12? There is a cut scene that causes black screen. To fix, hard close device, clear cache and restart game

*Level 12-14ish Triggering quests for Marge and Carl are buggy. Friends & back will fix.
    *Level (varies) Quest- A Rail of One City 5 - After placing the City Dump, the Monorail quests completely stop, for some players

*Level 22 Characters started going under buildings. Willie's 1hr- under the tire fire. Monorail at prize track mid 7-8. To fix: Edit mode, tap building then check into place and character will move

*We had one player with the Hospital build glitch. The tasks finally triggered late when Burns was tapped one day. Might be worth a try storing Burns if it doesn't kick in. Otherwise, store/replace the orange house or even buy another one....or wait it out.

*The tasks for getting Sideshow Bob completed for one player at Level 30ish. Some of us have still have not seen Flaw and Order Part 3

*March 22 Not all of the characters show up in the menu to work at the monorail dump. Sometimes as few as 3 are listed.

* (!) Mark isn't displayed on character icon in KL to show that a task is available

* Celeb-O-mania Part 3 won't trigger. Store Burns to get it to start.

* I frequently have repeat scripts. First when I tap the icon in the upper left. Then the character is still walking around in town with the (!) over their head. When I tap that the complete script runs through again. This has been happening randomly since I started.

If you run into a problem, even if you fix on your own, please @IckabodSchrek and let me know so we can add here. New players won't know the tricks.

If you have more than one town or log out, remember to sync before you exit to save your progress. This can be done by going to Friends and back or KL and back.

Are you doing premium or trying the other? I thought about starting another a while ago, but never got around to it.
    Post edited by IckabodSchrek on
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • johncolombo
    edited January 2017
    join me, I edited my post before you saw it, I'm playing freemium. Like I said this a crawl, not a race, and it will refresh my memory to help others. Although the game has already given me over 100 donuts, Not sure I remeber that, but I do remeber wasting them my first time out becuase I didn't realize how valuable they are. I did remeber to tap homer 10 times on his mypad. Was cool doing that again.
  • Just the thought of SH again...ah, I'd rather watch paint dry. :D I'll give it some more thought.
  • johncolombo
    I'm working on SH's in my 4 feeder towns right now.
    :D
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    Just the thought of SH again...ah, I'd rather watch paint dry. :D I'll give it some more thought.

SH is the only reason why I wouldn't start a new town. My original town was completely neglected during RTTF. I really only have time for one town.
  • johncolombo
    meinaz wrote: »
    Just the thought of SH again...ah, I'd rather watch paint dry. :D I'll give it some more thought.

SH is the only reason why I wouldn't start a new town. My original town was completely neglected during RTTF. I really only have time for one town.

that's why I'm doing a crawl, not a race.
  • moxxee
    7716 posts Member
    meinaz wrote: »

that's why I'm doing a crawl, not a race.

:lol:
  • johncolombo
    Play @moxxee ?
  • moxxee
    7716 posts Member
    I have a feeder town, but haven't touched it in a while....
    If the point is to be lazy with the town, I can get on board with that.
  • johncolombo
    moxxee wrote: »

What level? I'm at 7

• I'm working on SH's in my 4 feeder towns right now.

There is something seriously wrong with you. ;) I'll just chalk it up to you being a brilliant artistic genius. Or maybe you're just a SH masochist. Either way, you're alright with me ;)
  • johncolombo
    I'm working on SH's in my 4 feeder towns right now.

There is something seriously wrong with you. ;) I'll just chalk it up to you being a brilliant artistic genius. Or maybe you're just a SH masochist. Either way, you're alright with me ;)

LOL I have a good formula for working SH's

LOL I have a good formula for working SH's

I don't care if it's against the rules, log into my game and get me to 2 billion ;)
  • moxxee
    7716 posts Member
    moxxee wrote: »

What level? I'm at 7

30's, I think
  • @johncolombo shouldn't this be in game discussion?
  • johncolombo
    edited January 2017
    HomerND84 wrote: »
    @johncolombo shouldn't this be in game discussion?

no not necessarily,
    Off-Topic Discussion
    A place to discuss other topics and to play games.

this is a game
    You crazy. I recently found a bunch of extra classic mansions in my inventory... apparently something wasn't completely fixed :D so last night and today I've been leveling them up. Only 250 million to 2 billion :'(:s:'( Pure torture. Can't imagine 4. I think @meinaz is wise!! Let me know when you and @moxxee get to SH. If you can skip it, I'll join you. :D
  • What level did SH start?
  • I honestly couldn't play because I would want to beat you at the game. I would want to be ahead of everyone in levels. I have too much competitive spirit in me. I must destroy you and in the process of having a second all consuming game, it would destroy me. Ironic?
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I honestly couldn't play because I would want to beat you at the game. I would want to be ahead of everyone in levels. I have too much competitive spirit in me. I must destroy you and in the process of having a second all consuming game, it would destroy me. Ironic?

This is totally me. Even if it wasn't a competition I would make it into one. I really want to do a competition at some point to see how quickly somebody can get from level 1 to level 939 in a freemium town.