EA Forums - Banner

CG: Simpsfeld Sign Up (FULL)

Prev13
mattruns84
2819 posts Member
edited January 2017
Logo_zpsskagmk1z.png?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

PROLOGUE:

It’s a beautifully sunny day in Springfield. The family is sitting down watching Seinfeld.

“I never understand this show’s popularity,” Homer whines. “There are never any explosions.”

“Dad,” Lisa begins to chime in, “the show’s popularity stems from its supposedly being about nothing. Plus, I kind of like Elaine. She seems like the epitome of a strong woman.”

“Oh honey, daddy doesn’t care about what these characters are doing. Daddy just wants to see more things blow up.”

Lisa, now annoyed and not wanting to finish the episode, decides to go outside and get the mail.

“Let’s see: lawyer fee for Bart, Better Homes and Gardens magazine for mom. Oh, what’s this?”

Lisa inspects the plain white envelope. No address or identification of any kind. Lisa is perplexed as she re-enters the Simpson house and opens the envelope.

“Oh my gosh, look at this!” She exclaims excitedly. “It’s a letter with 5 tickets to New York City!”

“Why the **** would I want to go to New York City?” Bart Huffs, “I can get mugged here.”

“The letter explains that the New York television executives are looking for the newest spinoff television series and, since we’re one of the oldest shows still in syndication, they want us to partner up and create a new spinoff with the cast of Seinfeld!”

“Oldest?” Bart replies. “By far, Maggie should be celebrating her 30th birthday any month now.”

“Oh Homey,” Marge squeals, “this will be so much fun, but Bart just reminded me. What about Maggie? We can’t take her with us to New York. What will we do?”

“Well, the dog could watch her,” Homer replies. “Or I guess Patty and Selma can.”

“What about the 5th ticket, then?” Lisa asks with a concerned look.

All of a sudden, Ned Flanders walks by the living room window and waves to the family.
“Hi diddly- ho, neighboreenos!” Ned happily replies. “Did I hear that you’re going to New York City? Golly, I’ve never been there myself.” Do you know they have a basketball team named after ladies’ underwear? Just shameful, if ya ask me! The only bloomers I care to discuss are my roses.”

Marge, giving as usual, suddenly has a thought.
“Ned,” she begins, “would you like to come to New York with us and create a new television show with the cast of Seinfeld?”

“Seinfeld!?” Ned asks, shocked, “Such a naughty show. They openly talk about adult themes and sub-diddly-ubjects. Nosirreebob. Although, it might be my way to bring some morality to such an adult themed show!”

“It’s settled, then,” Marge exclaims. “The Simpsons…”

“And Ned”, Homer grumbles under his breath.

“Are going to New York City!”

In that same moment in Monk’s Café AT New York City, Jerry, Elaine, George, and Kramer are eating lunch.

“I’m telling you, Jerry,” Kramer begins, “people will love my new edible book. Ooh, look at me, I just read a fantastic book, but now I’m so hungry and I missed lunch. No worries, I can just eat the page I just read.”

“You just can’t seem to run out of stupid ideas, can you?” Jerry replies. “Anyways, as I was saying, I got a call from some television network saying that they would like to create a new spinoff that has both us and the Simpsons together!”

“GET OUT!” Elaine screams. “I love the Simpsons!”

“That Bart,” George snorts, “He cracks me up!”

“So we’re in agreement then?” Jerry asks. “We’ll all do the show?”

Everyone agrees. Jerry’s smile fades.
“The only issue is that we need a 5th person to join us.”

“I have an idea,” Kramer replies during bites of his mango. “He’s been my buddy just about as long as you, Jerry.”

“You can’t mean”, Jerry asks in disgust.

“I’ll ask Newman when I get home,” Kramer finishes without notice of Jerry's apparent disgust.

“Oh just wonderful!” Jerry replies sarcastically.
Post edited by mattruns84 on

Replies

• mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Game Leaders: Mattruns84 and Sakuraneko08
    Number of Players: 12
    Game Type: Old School
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    Day and Voting:
    ***IMPORTANT***
    At the end of the day, the player with the most votes will be lynched. Once a player has been killed, their contribution to the game officially ends. No hints, ghost gifs, etc.
    Days last 24 hours, starting and ending at 3 PM CST/4 PM EST. Voting is done by ++name (my only voting conditions are that you place your votes with a '++' in front of them, as I use Ctrl+F to find them. Name abbreviations are allowed, within reason. (i.e. ++Sakura instead of Sakuraneko08). In the unlikely event that two usernames are similar enough to cause confusion, then the full name of the nominated must be used. Edits to posts containing votes are allowed up to ten (10) minutes after the time of the initial post. Votes may not be for yourself. To change your vote, instead of ++, use -- followed by the player you voted for.
    If voting is tied, players will be listed in the order in which s/he received the current number of votes, based only upon the currently tallied votes (i.e. if you remove your vote for a player, it is as if your previous vote never existed). Tiebreakers in votes will be by who recieved the tied vote first (i.e. if player 1 and 2 both have 4 votes and the day has ended, then whoever reached 4 votes first will be lynched.
    The Night:
    Nights will start as the day ends, and it is a time of silence. It lasts 24 hours. All special characters should send their night targets as soon as possible. Two targets are given: the first is the actual target and the second the backup target. If no actual target or backup target is available, the measures taken depend on the role.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________
    Absences and Inactivity:
    Players that have not voted in two consecutive days are dropped from the game, as this is to fail to complete a 'forced vote'. Replacement players are then used, but if one is not found, the player is killed the next morning. Announced absences are an exception to forced votes. For example, if a player has not voted on Day 1 and is absent on Day 2, s/he has to vote on Day 3 or s/he is dropped. Announced absence protects for a maximum of one day for forced votes. It does not protect from the votes of other players.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    Characters:
    Characters will be assigned to prevent players from choosing a possible favorite character, thus possibly revealing themselves. All efforts will be made for requests to be a villain, special character, etc. Players wanting a special role/ to be a villain must PM one of the GL of their request. First come; first serve.
    Winning:
    1. The cast members win once all television executives have been killed
    2. The television executives (villians) win if 2 or fewer cast members remain.
    3. More characters can be added, depending on game interest.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Other Important Things:
    Do not tell your character or role to anybody privately so you can "team up". If something like this happens, you will be kicked out of the game and banned from any future conspiracy games. This kind of behavior must be reported to the game leader immediately.

Do not try to sabotage the game. For an example, contacting someone with private message and trying to make them vote someone else instead of you is completely forbidden and will cause a ban in any future conspiracy games.

You cannot copy & paste or share any info of your private messages. If you do this you will be dropped from the game.

You may not share your role/ character in the thread. You may hint at it, but you should do so with caution, and only as a last resort.

If a player hasn't woken up for the day, you can give the player wake up vote. A wake up vote doesn't mean anything, and you don't even have to have suspicions. It will just force the 'sleeping' player to 'wake up'. Once the player has woken up, the vote can be removed, although you are allowed to keep it there.

Conspiracy games are difficult to understand, so don’t be shy to PM me your questions or ask them on the thread! If you find yourself getting overly frustrated or angry, (sing along with me) “just repeat to yourself: it’s just a game, I should really just relax.” Then watch a few tiny hamster videos
  • I'm in
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Players: (2/12)

taco_belle
    meinaz
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I'm in although the end time is horrible for me.
  • @meinaz maybe you'll be killed early and it won't matter....I'm kidding. Maybe ;)
  • meinaz wrote: »
    I'm in although the end time is horrible for me.

Sorry, meinaz. Hopefully is isn't too terrible. :/

• meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I always feel wrong complaining because I know you are right. :lol:
  • Taco_BeIIe wrote: »
    @meinaz maybe you'll be killed early and it won't matter....I'm kidding. Maybe ;)

:grin:
  • Taco_BeIIe wrote: »
    @meinaz maybe you'll be killed early and it won't matter....I'm kidding. Maybe ;)

You have 24 hours, so you can always vote witthin the 24 hours. It doesn't have to be close to the end time.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    mattruns84 wrote: »
    Taco_BeIIe wrote: »

You have 24 hours, so you can always vote witthin the 24 hours. It doesn't have to be close to the end time.

I know but all the fun happens during end of day. Hopefully everything will be decided earlier. I have prep until 2:15CST, so I will only miss the last 45 minutes.
  • That is when all the action happens....
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    @moxxee, sakura said you told her you'd play. You down? Not sure if you're official or not.
    Also @johncolombo
  • I'm in!
  • moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    mattruns84 wrote: »
    @moxxee, sakura said you told her you'd play. You down? Not sure if you're official or not.
    Also @johncolombo
    Sure.
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Players: (6/12)
    taco_belle
    meinaz
    barrymcerlea
    moxxee
    @johncolombo
    @camillasan372

I have you both down as you both said you'd play in the other thread. Read over the rules and procedures and, if anything changes, just let me know.
    Post edited by mattruns84 on
  • I haven't done one in a while so count me in! Am I right that the end time in the U.K. Is 9pm?
  • I'm in!
  • ++Wilki :D
  • Good game, everyone. Thanks for playing.
  • wilki1999
    3974 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    ++Juliet :wink: