EA Forums - Banner

Some of You have really nice Towns :)

Replies

• SlinkyBeads
    442 posts
    edited February 2013
    dougsbeard wrote:
    Fritter2 wrote:
    Our last name has the word "apple" in it so we are often referred to as the "applefritters." Ha!

Mmmmmmm apple fritters........... (Homer drooling sound!)

slinkybeads, every time i see your signature i always think "stinky beards" LOL

Read the sig!!

Also... I'm a lady!! No beard here!!

Related - being a beardy man yourself... Do beards even get stinky?? :lol:
  • dougsbeard
    286 posts
    edited February 2013
    dougsbeard wrote:
    Fritter2 wrote:

oh i know the sig says "stinky beads" but my mind throws in the extra R every time.

and yes, beards can get quite stinky. its just normal hair. ill shampoo/condition mine every 3 days. summer is the absolute worst though. ugh its like wearing a scarf on a 90 degree day. also foods that are more liquidy can drip in there (soup, nacho cheese, chili, chicken wings, ice cream). oh ice cream can be bad too. you know that dried milk smell? imagine that on your face on a hot day....
  • jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    dougsbeard wrote:
    dougsbeard wrote:
    Fritter2 wrote:

oh i know the sig says "stinky beads" but my mind throws in the extra R every time.

and yes, beards can get quite stinky. its just normal hair. ill shampoo/condition mine every 3 days. summer is the absolute worst though. ugh its like wearing a scarf on a 90 degree day. also foods that are more liquidy can drip in there (soup, nacho cheese, chili, chicken wings, ice cream). oh ice cream can be bad too. you know that dried milk smell? imagine that on your face on a hot day....

With all those foods stuck in you beard, I'd be tempted to shave it off and use it for flavouring, like herbs n spices in my cooking, Lol
  • SlinkyBeads
    442 posts
    edited February 2013
    dougsbeard wrote:
    dougsbeard wrote:
    Fritter2 wrote:

Mmmmmmmm your beard sounds delicious :lol:
  • dougsbeard
    286 posts
    edited February 2013
    jaffaface wrote:
    dougsbeard wrote:
    dougsbeard wrote:
    Fritter2 wrote:

With all those foods stuck in you beard, I'd be tempted to shave it off and use it for flavouring, like herbs n spices in my cooking, Lol

LMAO <-- you see that right there? thats actually what i did...someone came from the office beside me to see what i was laughing so hard about. bravo.
  • jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited February 2013

LMAO <-- you see that right there? thats actually what i did...someone came from the office beside me to see what i was laughing so hard about. bravo.

I hope you told them you were laughing because you've just come up with greatest business idea ever.

What's that you ask? Doug's beard farming! Bam

('I have no idea what happened to the quotes)

• dougsbeard
    286 posts
    edited February 2013
    jaffaface wrote:
    http://rogue.com/rogue-wire-service/blog/2012/06/20/beard-beer/I hope you told them you were laughing because you've just come up with greatest business idea ever.

http://rogue.com/rogue-wire-service/blog/2012/06/20/beard-beer/

not. even. joking.
  • jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    dougsbeard wrote:
    jaffaface wrote:
    http://rogue.com/rogue-wire-service/blog/2012/06/20/beard-beer/I hope you told them you were laughing because you've just come up with greatest business idea ever.

http://rogue.com/rogue-wire-service/blog/2012/06/20/beard-beer/

not. even. joking.

Hmmmm, now I'm tempted to try some of your beard beer, ........and flavouring, possibly on pretzels.

But seriously, what a crazy article and they're actually making it. Strange it brings to mind this

"Red Tick Beer: "Hm.. bold, refreshing, and something I can't quite put my finger on."

XR2Pk.jpg
  • Fritter2
    55 posts
    edited February 2013
    Applefritters to beard beer...well, ok, normal night on the TSTO forum. :)
  • TheUman_85
    62 posts
    edited February 2013
    Apologies to anyone who has visited my town tonight and seen a mess. Doing a bit of rearranging right now. Gonna finish tomorrow hopefully. :)
  • Fritter2
    55 posts
    edited February 2013
    No apologies needed, Uman. Your
    town is great! I'm also in the middle of some rearranging I'm hoping to complete over the weekend. Always a work in progress, I guess.
  • tmcnamarajr
    4 posts
    edited February 2013
    It's great seeing what everyone has done. I take pride in mine which my wife finds hilarious. Add me! I don't have that many friends to view the fruits of my labor :)
  • TheUman_85
    62 posts
    edited February 2013
    Fritter2 wrote:
    No apologies needed, Uman. Your
    town is great! I'm also in the middle of some rearranging I'm hoping to complete over the weekend. Always a work in progress, I guess.

That's for sure. I guess the inner OCD in us is never satisfied and always looking for things to tweak. Haha
  • okcmamma
    41 posts
    edited February 2013
    I'm so tempted to rearrange some things and give some shops some more space. I'm afraid it will just look weird if I move things around too much. Everything has its place, and it was created as the game has gone along. Don't get me wrong, I don't like where the flower shop is I'd like to put that by my hospital, and the putt putt and ice cream parlor need to go somewhere else. I want the putt putt to be switched around so I can see the monkey and not the back of its head. I'll probably just end up doing some minor things as I always do, but the time to revamp a large area just isn't feasible. I wish I had more time! I still am not sure of what to do with the bottom left hand corner of burns manor, but I think I'm finally on the right track with the walkway to his own private boardwalk. Ive only changed that area about 50 times since i got that area of land for his property. Lol The rest of the town to the south of burns manor will be a park area. Just not sure what I'm going to do yet. I have a few ideas...... Right now I'm saving some dough.
  • archimedes87
    152 posts
    edited February 2013
    Hello everybody, i have been a "lurker" for quite some time on this forum and finally decided to pop my posting cherry all up on this thread. You see, i too take a lot of pride in my town, as i have been playing at least several times a day now since mid-October. I would like to consider me as having one of the best, if not the best Springfield's around :) I am always around 95 friends as i am constantly weeding people out due to them not having what i consider to be a great Springfield. I like my neighbors having great Springfield's because 1. That's pretty much the point of the game, but mostly 2. Because I have visited all of my neighbors everyday since i started playing 4 months ago, collecting massive amounts of candies, coins, and valentines (as you can see by my massive amounts of reindeer and rose bushes/heart trees) Even if my neighbors do have nice Springfield's, but don't care to visit mine on at least a somewhat regular basis, they have been and will be weeded out.

But more to the point, i am always searching for friends with great/interesting Springfield's and this is the perfect thread for finding such people. I have already been friends with many of the posters on this thread (Keys, Shauna, Jopa, Orestes) and have recently made friends since I send out a bunch of invites to a lot of the posters on this thread (Fraglr0ck, Urmas, OKCmamma), but i am really hoping to become friends with many of the others on this thread that supposedly have awesome Springfield's that i really want to check out.

I'm talking to guys like Jaytay, Fritter2, Melodyhodge, Slinkybeads, spiffshine, Jarci, amongst others.

So if you have what to be considered an kick-* springfield, then clear out an extra space on your friends list and send me and invite (or for the names mentioned above just accept my invite :wink: ) I accept every friend request i get, and promise to visit you town right away and give you some v-day invites. Whether i keep you as one of my top 100 or delete you after visiting I cannot promise :lol:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • jarrodpwilso
    44 posts
    edited February 2013
    I have created a really nice duff garden full of flowers and hedges, cost around $60,000 to complete but I think it was worth it. Feel free to check it out along with the rest of my town, it is getting pretty big and looks quite good.
  • gottegris
    94 posts
    edited February 2013
    A great thread! Get really curious with some of your towns that I can't see :) . Fritter2 I also like a lot what you have done with your town. I really enjoy visiting friends towns that put some thought into the design! :)

And me too, have always room for special neighbors. I hope you like mine too :lol: .

gottegris

• willowbud
    134 posts
    edited February 2013
    Yes I agree some of my neighbours have great looking towns. I have just deleted a few that have not been on for a few days, don't like to but trying just to keep those that enjoy it as much as me.
  • okcmamma
    41 posts
    edited February 2013
    I crack myself up. Every time I tell myself I'm going to save money, I end up spending it. Boardwalk in progress!
  • SlinkyBeads
    442 posts
    edited February 2013
    okcmamma wrote:
    I crack myself up. Every time I tell myself I'm going to save money, I end up spending it. Boardwalk in progress!

Would you mind if I sent you a request? :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.