EA Forums - Banner

Gmail scam

There is a phishing email going around claiming that your account has been compromised. The email looks like it's come from one of your contacts or a company you know. You are given a link to change your password and taken to what looks like a official gmail loggin page. Once you type in your details the hackers have your details. If you get a suspicious email don't click on any links and forward the email to gmail themselves then delete the email.

Replies

• Sound advice for any unsolicited email. No banks, government agencies, etc. will ever ask you to do this sort of thing through email.
  • That's true. I've had loads of phishing emails of banks I've forward them to the banks and they are pleased and they then use the scam emails to warn others on future. Funny thing is I've never had a scam email from my own bank.

If you get an email claiming to be from a bank most will say dear customer. If you bank get in touch with you via email the will include your full name and part of postcode and will never ask for any details.
  • So that email I got from the Nigerian prince isnt real? Uh oh!
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • @daved7637397 Have you checked your account to see if the funds have been put in?
  • Still waiting. Maybe someday. He did take a good bit out though. Thats cool he sounded like a really honest prince. Im sure he will pay me back
  • Still waiting. Maybe someday. He did take a good bit out though. Thats cool he sounded like a really honest prince. Im sure he will pay me back
    Ooo deffo am still waiting too. I was promised part of the kingdom

• It better not be the part i was promised or we got ourselves a problem.
  • It better not be the part i was promised or we got ourselves a problem.
    I'll have to check. :neutral:

• :DB):D .....