EA Forums - Banner

Game super choppy lately...

Has anyone else noticed the game get (sporadically) extremely slow and choppy lately? I first noticed it around when the snow came, I hoped/assumed that once the snow disappeared so would the lag, but no...the snow is gone, but the brutal choppyness remains. I'm on an iphone 6s plus, so it really should be fine...I'd expect it would be totally unplayable on an older phone.

Replies

• It was fine until just recently, after I started the SH grind again, but it is fine now again. shrug
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • How much free space do you have on your device? My game gets like that when I have less than 2 gigs free.
  • When that happens on my devices I have to close the game completely and restart my devices. That clears it up - until it starts again. That's one of the reasons I've pretty much stopped visiting neighbors: about halfway through the game starts lagging really badly so I have to stop and reboot.
  • redec69
    185 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    How much free space do you have on your device? My game gets like that when I have less than 2 gigs free.

I have 11GB free,...so I don't think that's it. I dunno it is sporadic...like I'll be playing perfectly fine, then it will get super laggy for maybe a minute, and then usually it will recover...sometimes I have to exit and kill the app...
  • Does it happen when you go over a particular area of your SF?

I have an area with all the flags and a bunch of other little things and whenever I hover over them the game gets really laggy. But otherwise, it's been pretty good so far on this update.
  • Personally ive noticed the later and deeper I get into an event the more lag and choppiness it gets. The event ending is the only fix for me. Barely logged on towards the end of Homer the Heretic after i was finished cause it wasnt worth the lag time and frustration. Now that the update is down and we are back to normal game is running smooth as butter again
  • alapalme wrote: »
    Does it happen when you go over a particular area of your SF?

I have an area with all the flags and a bunch of other little things and whenever I hover over them the game gets really laggy. But otherwise, it's been pretty good so far on this update.

yeah, it does seem to happen over the SH land generally...which is weird because my SH land has far fewer things on it than the normal land....it's pretty sparse
  • Does your sound work? I keeping getting these cases where I launch the game and sound is gone and it lags horribly. Relaunch and it plays all those sounds it couldn't play from the last time and then works properly.
  • Mine is never slow. The only issue I have always had was the game crashing on a regular basis. That's it.
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • Mine has been super choppy too. Only when I'm grinding for SH currency, though. Strange...
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. At least I know it's not my device...
  • redec69 wrote: »
    How much free space do you have on your device? My game gets like that when I have less than 2 gigs free.

I have 11GB free,...so I don't think that's it. I dunno it is sporadic...like I'll be playing perfectly fine, then it will get super laggy for maybe a minute, and then usually it will recover...sometimes I have to exit and kill the app...

Happens to me too and I am on the latest iPad Pro. One moment the game plays fine and the next moment it is super laggy. The only thing that fixes it is quitting the game, Force quitting App and opening again.

First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP
  • 1pillform wrote: »
    Mine is never slow. The only issue I have always had was the game crashing on a regular basis. That's it.

I'm getting lots of crashes as well. Usually after it's gone through all the app loading and synchronizing, right when it opens my springfield.