EA Forums - Banner

EVENT THREAD #11: DESTINATION SPRINGFIELD: Q & A AND STRATEGY THREAD: ACT III

Prev134
AOFIGO009
1306 posts Member
edited February 2017
Hey guys, we're back for another event! How about that turn around between events, huh? Quick or what?!!

Anyway, for those of you who have not been here before, welcome! This here thread is where we gather all of the information needed to complete this lovely event, which introduces the wider world to our Springfields, with a crucial mistake present: where's the London stuff?!!! If you have any information, any tidbits, hints, or secrets, then please share them here for everybody else! If any of our regulars want to contribute our usual guides on how to maximise collectibles or achieve everything we want, then please do post them. All the most pertinent information that is posted, I will recreate on the front page, and please do not worry, I cite everybody who gets on the front page.

So have fun jetting around the world, collecting pins, lost luggage, spreading flu and stealing wallets from tourists. Please don't interrupt Wiggum and Lou on their romantic stroll around the Eiffel Tower!

Please check this link at the start of every event:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9765499.page

Calendar:
https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/91289/destination-springfield-event-calendar#latest
Courtesy of Muhsterino

Norbert's Adventure List: Includes Answers
https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/91558/destination-springfield-norberts-adventure-tasks#latest
Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
Post edited by AOFIGO009 on

Replies

• AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Here's some maths for Act 1:

Total pins needed: 40,372

Total days in Act 1: 11 excluding half days and allowing for time zone differences.
    Total pins needed per day: 40,372/11 = 3671

Sources of pins:
    Flights at the Springfield Airport: 34 pins/flight
    Tourists in your town: 4 pins per tourist, 80/4-hour cycle
    Neighbour visits: 5 pins for first 89 actions (30 neighbours)
    Norbert's adventure/riddle rewards: 500, 750, and 250 for choosing the correct destination
    Osaka Flu clouds: 14 pins/infected tourist

Neighbour visits and Norbert's rewards are limited per day, and flights and tourists are on a 4-hour cycle. The Osaka flu is unpredictable (when/how severely your town is infected) so I won't use it in calculations.

So we need 3671 pins per day. We can get 445 (5x89 = 445) of these from visiting neighbours and 1500 (500+750+250 = 1500) from Norbert. That leaves us with 1726 (3671-445-1500 = 1726) to accumulate through flights and tourists.

We should start each cycle with 3 flight tickets banked (ignoring bug issues for now). 3 tickets allow you send 3 flights and reward you with 102 pins (34x3 = 102). There should be up to 5 characters available to send on flights. Make sure you pick the correct flight as one of the 3 you send (to answer to Norbert's riddle). Your ticket timer will begin counting down (up to a 20 min timer) and you might be able to send more than the original 3 characters on flights if you're still in the game when another ticket is awarded. You'll want to send as many flights as you have tickets (and character prompts) to maximise returns here. So, at least 102 per 4-hour cycle from flights.

Tourists accumulate in your town at a rate of 1 every 3 mins. That gives you 80 tourists every 4 hours (and the Tourist Information Centre will automatically collect from them for you every 4 hours - yay!). So 320 pins from tourists every 4-hour cycle (4x80 = 320).

That means every 4-hour cycle you should have, at minimum, 422 pins (102+320 = 422). Four 4-hour cycles per day gives us 1688 pins (422x4 = 1688). That leaves us short 38 pins for our daily target (1726-1688 = 38) if we visit four times per day, or a total of 409 pins short over the entire act.

So where can we find the remaining 38 pins/day?
    We can catch the Osaka virus (one virus cloud each level (5 levels) and get an additional 10 pins/4-hour cycle from an infected tourist). That will give us an extra 40 pins/day at level one (and a possible 200/day at level 5 - speculating that the current trend continues, but I can confirm that level two gives 2 virus clouds and 2 infected tourists per cycle for an extra 80 pins/day from infected tourists).

Contingency List
    1. Send more than 3 characters on flights at a time. This can be done by setting the flights first thing upon logging in and one more flight last thing before logging off (the ticket timer seems to be reset according to an internal clock and so the first ticket generated after using a ticket when maxed out (3 tickets) will probably take less than 20 mins to generate). Alternatively, you could spend up to 40 mins in your game at a time (not ideal) or hop into the game to send one or two (or maybe three if you task a flight-bound character to do something else) characters on flights in-between 4-hour cycles.
    2. Play more often. It doesn't work for many of us to log on more than four times a day but even one extra cycle over the entire act will generate more than enough pins to make up the shortfall. Alternatively, if you play on the first or last day of the act you can get another cycle in there. Even just logging in to tap tourists off-cycle will help with this.
    3. Accept a daily challenge for event currency (pins or flight tickets will both help).
    4. Have completed the Lunar New Year questline. I'm not sure of the kill date for the questline, but it awards 50 pins (so everyone should have started the act with 50 pins unless you missed last week's mini-event).
    5. Buy a premium item. Not necessary to complete the act if you can log on 4 times a day, but Sailor Kumiko, Chateau Maison, and the passport are all options for increasing your pin payout.

Summary
    Log on four times a day to use up all of your flight tickets and collect from tourists. Also, visit at least 30 neighbours and complete Norbert's adventures every day. Then pick an option or two from our Contingency List to make up any shortfall.
    Written by 00becker, and edited by AOFIGO009
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Sending Characters on Tasks at the Springfield Airport
    Disclaimer: This is an ever changing situation, as there are glitches and bugs about, which EA are trying to fix, meaning there's different things we can do to send more characters on tasks at the Springfield Airport than would initially seem possible. Very quickly this could all be made impossible by patches. So the method(s) found below may change, but still be up. I'll try and take it down ASAP, but I'm not perfect, and there's lots of Americans on this game, and I'm here in little old Britain, so when it's patched, I could be asleep.[colour=red]
    Now for min maxing, a manner was discovered but was quickly "fixed" by EA, as such people gave up, however a way exists to work around it and if someone can verify the data maybe we can crack down on it just like the Superhero event.
    Base notations:
    1.YOU will need at least ONE character untasked to continue the loop. Explanation later on.
    2.The list will shuffle whenever a character listed, is sent on a job (non flight), this can be done continuously as long as at least one character remains so will the list of sendable characters (important).
    3.Finally it takes 20 minutes to generate a ticket, for a max of 3 if you dont use them immediately a hidden counter will countdown (the lowest i got was about 4-5 minutes after about one and a half hours, or half an hour after the first three had been generated)
    The general idea is to send characters on flights (obviously) however sending character on tasks manually is a pain, not to mention having a ton of idle characters walking around is a loss of cash.
    Sending all characters on tasks with the task manager will close the loop IF no characters remain, however not all characters are created equal and some seem to not be able to take "flight" (amazingly Marge is not one of these characters)
    The simple solution is to make sure that A.) One of your characters has a quest-line active (making them un-taskmanagerable) B.) Have that character part of the flight list (remember not all characters can fly, too lazy to figure which ones cant, or might have been my own game)
    once those two conditions have been met you can guarantee a nice clean shuffle + send characters with the task manager (more trial and error needed, but working fine so far).

Heres how ya do it:
    Send 3 characters on a flight (id suggest doing this in intervals of 1 hour, intervals of 20 mins will maximise your output at the cost of your sanity)
    shuffle list by sending one of the remaining 2 characters on said list on a short task (you need characters free after all)
    the new list should show 5 new candidates to be sent on a flight (rinse, repeat above steps)
    you can do this for about 3 hours, at the fourth hour the first batch should be ready to collect creating a continuing cycle.
    Note: Do not send the character with an active quest-line on a flight, this is your measuring stick if you will, as long as they cant be sent on a task by task manager you can continue and send all characters on tasks without fear of closing the loop.
    However there is also a way around THIS, however you'll need Duff gardens, basically send one character, this should activate the duff gardens quest-line, congratulations a whole team of characters can not be set by task manager, so even if you do send a character with a highlighted task you should have more in reserve.
    Courtesy of someonewashere.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    To find Tourists quickly and easily when you don't have the Tourist Information Center ready, you can go to the Reward Center and tap to upgrade (assuming you don't already have enough SkyCredits to upgrade), and you'll be whisked to a remaining Tourist, which you can then repeat until there's none left.
    Courtesy of happyone2323

You get 5 pins per tap for visiting friend's Springfields, up to 89 taps, which is 30 friends, but just two buildings from the final friend's Springfield. If you are able to tap all of your friends, though, that is a benefit to them as usual.

On the Osaka Flu tab, if the picture of the virus is red and green, tourists in your town has the Osaka Flu. You can click on this image to be taken to the infected tourist, which will pay out 14 pins and 7 SkyCredits, as opposed to 4 Pins and 2 SkyCredits as normal.

You do not need to leave buildings untapped for visiting players.

Courtesy of Muhsterino: a list of tappable buildings:
    Multiple Copy Buildings:
    Brown House
    Purple House
    White House
    Lard Lad
    Kwik-E-Mart
    Krusty Burger
    Zenith City Store Front (it's pink!)
    Gulp 'N' Blow
  • Thank you for doing this yet again. These posts have been very helpful in the past.
  • bette3900 wrote: »
    Thank you for doing this yet again. These posts have been very helpful in the past.

Thank you! Happy to be of service!! Is anybody here to provide some information.....?
  • Anyone have an idea of the generation time of tourists? There seem to be very few of them around, and they don't appear to be attracted to wherever I'm lurking, unlike past event targets
  • shaygitz wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea of the generation time of tourists? There seem to be very few of them around, and they don't appear to be attracted to wherever I'm lurking, unlike past event targets

At the 4-hour mark there seem to be 80 tourists, so 20/hour or 1 every 3 mins?
  • BulldogMom23 in Crawl to the Finish
  • Thanks AO for running the thread again.
    Firstly, the link you provided didn't work for me, I wonder if it is a link from before the forum was changed?
    The first 30 friends you visit ( I found it was 89 taps) give 5 pins per tap. However it is a good idea to visit all friends if possible, because you are tapping buildings it will help everyone you visit.
    Once you have the flu virus, you can pull up a map like below, note that the virus shows red and green, this means one of the tourists is infected. Tap on the red and green virus below the map, it will then take you to the infected tourist.
    Z6PeO6ql.jpg
    When you tap an infected tourist, you will receive more items, 14 pins and 7 sky credits in this case, shown in this screen:
    6MqSzldl.jpg
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • There is possibly a glitch with sending people on the plane, this is from addicts site, where 5 characters were available to send on the plane at the start:
    All you have to do is send all but one of the characters from the list, then send that one on a normal job instead. Airport will allow another 5 characters to go, repeat over and over. Still have to wait for tickets though so to send everyone will take a long time.

• tapperino_forums
    542 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Muhsterino wrote: »
    There is possibly a glitch with sending people on the plane, this is from addicts site, where 5 characters were available to send on the plane at the start:
    All you have to do is send all but one of the characters from the list, then send that one on a normal job instead. Airport will allow another 5 characters to go, repeat over and over. Still have to wait for tickets though so to send everyone will take a long time.

This is in effect patched now as even though you can use the same mechanic it takes 15 mins to generate a ticket, so can only send 4 characters per hour.

edit: seems to be a cap on the number of people that can fly too now as well, will need to check back on this

edit 2: ticket every 20 mins, so only three an hour and then it sticks at three. Means that people should check in every hour to maximise flights ?
    Post edited by tapperino_forums on
  • Tsk, this was buried down on page 3.
    During the event, you do not need to leave buildings untapped for your friends.
    I had glitch this happen in one of my towns today. I had enough pins for the prize and it showed -5 donuts to be able to claim it! I was able to get the prize by going to friends screen and back.
    kI93cZJl.jpg
  • I hadn't noticed this had started, thanks for doing it again AO.

First of all I think a good strategy for everyone to adopt is to have a small brown House farm (or another tappable building) near their airport to speed up friend visits therefore allowing more neighbours to be visited, pins and Osaka virus are earned faster for that town, and the global virus should spread quicker so there's no reason not to do it since the owner, neighbour, and global community all benefit.

Also does anyone know how the Osaka virus is caught by tourists? Does the virus attack the tourists already present or do the tourists have to spawn inside the virus cloud?

• meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    aidx1054 wrote: »
    Also does anyone know how the Osaka virus is caught by tourists? Does the virus attack the tourists already present or do the tourists have to spawn inside the virus cloud?

It seems to be timed. I find them infected every 4 hours.

• meinaz wrote: »
    aidx1054 wrote: »

It seems to be timed. I find them infected every 4 hours.

That makes so much sense thank you!

• Thank you for posting this event thread once again. It's very helpful! :)
  • AOFIGO009 wrote: »

that link just takes me to the EA forum homepage.
    Kmj05qX.png
  • Muhsterino wrote: »
    There is possibly a glitch with sending people on the plane, this is from addicts site, where 5 characters were available to send on the plane at the start:

This is in effect patched now as even though you can use the same mechanic it takes 15 mins to generate a ticket, so can only send 4 characters per hour.

edit: seems to be a cap on the number of people that can fly too now as well, will need to check back on this

edit 2: ticket every 20 mins, so only three an hour and then it sticks at three. Means that people should check in every hour to maximise flights ?

Im not sure this is fixed yet. My current strategy is to clear the entire town before the flights, then clear the flights. I send the 3, wait the 5 minutes it takes the first ticket to regenerate, then I'm left with one flight option. So instead, I send everyone in town on an hour mission, the come back. My tickets have regenerated, but there are 5 more options again.

I haven't run this down consistently yet, but I'll know more in a few hours worth of work.

Bottom line, I currently have 9 people in the air.
  • AOFIGO009 wrote: »

that link just takes me to the EA forum homepage.
    I think the link is just meant to bring you to a thread about checking to make sure your donut confirmation is still turned on as apparently it knocks off for some people with new updates.

• ericaachon926
    3 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Edit - never mind I see in another post that this may be a glitch.

In the beginning, I was able to send three people to fly at a time but now it only lets me do one and says that I don't have enough boarding passes. How do I generate them?