EA Forums - Banner

Netflix

Prev134
There used to be a thread on this but it's closed now. What shows do people recommend (other than the obvious like breaking bad, Saul etc.) ?

We've been watching The OA and Glitch. Both are really good so far and I like the fact that Glitch is Australian :)

Replies

• Any thread before the new forum was created got closed. If you or anyone else wants a thread unlocking just ask a mod to unlock.

I don't watch Netflix. Is the subscription expensive?
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

Love you Davo Rest in paradise
  • A-new-series-of-unfortunate-events-to-hit-netflix-462487.jpg
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I started watching A Series of Unfortunate Events but I had to stop. It was to depressing for me and I couldn't deal with the stupidity of the adults.
  • meinaz wrote: »
    I started watching A Series of Unfortunate Events but I had to stop. It was to depressing for me and I couldn't deal with the stupidity of the adults.

I suppose I find it more comic and screwball than depressing. And, of course, the consistently stupid behavior of the adults is precisely the point.

• HomerND84 wrote: »
    Any thread before the new forum was created got closed. If you or anyone else wants a thread unlocking just ask a mod to unlock.

It's £6 a month and there's no contract so you can just get it one month then skip it for however long if you want, which is good! We use it loads so we keep subscribing, but we don't have cable or sky or anything so it's great.
  • juliet603 wrote: »
    HomerND84 wrote: »
    Any thread before the new forum was created got closed. If you or anyone else wants a thread unlocking just ask a mod to unlock.

It's £6 a month and there's no contract so you can just get it one month then skip it for however long if you want, which is good! We use it loads so we keep subscribing, but we don't have cable or sky or anything so it's great.
    Oh thought it was a subscription. That's good you can pay for it when you want. What is good is NowTV you can get day passes weekly passes or monthly passes. A day pass can be £6.99 and you can chose what you want like movies, entertainment or sky sports. You also have a free trial.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• I didn't really like NowTV but that's probably because a lot of the stuff is already available on freeview and the other stuff wasn't worth it for the amount I'd watch, but it's good there's a lot of choice out there now. Not like when we were younger and if you didn't have sky you only had four channels lol!
  • Am liking unfortunate series of events as I read all of the books to my son a year or so back (it was agonizing by the end - we hated the beaudelaires by the end).

Stranger things is must watch.

Narcos is great - can't multitask when watching though since it is in subtitles for much of the time

House of cards assume is in your obvious grouping

Lot of good marvel series too.

I bing watched Friday night lights a few years back - great show that I had ignored prior.
    Senior Moderator (for 25 minutes on Sept 23 2016)
  • juliet603 wrote: »
    I didn't really like NowTV but that's probably because a lot of the stuff is already available on freeview and the other stuff wasn't worth it for the amount I'd watch, but it's good there's a lot of choice out there now. Not like when we were younger and if you didn't have sky you only had four channels lol!
    4 channels that's going back a bit.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• ^ showing her age eh Nick :D
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member

Stranger things is must watch.

Narcos is great - can't multitask when watching though since it is in subtitles for much of the time

House of cards assume is in your obvious grouping

Lot of good marvel series too.

I bing watched Friday night lights a few years back - great show that I had ignored prior.

All good choices.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    meinaz wrote: »

I suppose I find it more comic and screwball than depressing. And, of course, the consistently stupid behavior of the adults is precisely the point.

I think that it is well acted. I can understand why people would like it. If it didn't involve children, it probably wouldn't be an issue for me.
  • ^ showing her age eh Nick :D
    Me too for remembering that. :blush:
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• I think I was 11 or 12 when channel 5 began and I couldn't watch it unfuzzily (or at all most of the time) until we got freeview. Growing up without sky was a pain lol!

I've seen Stranger Things and Narcos and really liked both. I look forward to season 2 of Stranger Things!
  • I'm watching The Crown. I'm on episode 3 and I like it!
    I just got to the part where King George died and Elizabeth becomes Queen.
  • You was 12 just cos it was launched a month before your birthday I was 13. Channel 4 was in 82 but I do remember the first logo for channel 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R86_TLuI51w&sns=em
    Do you remember this?
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• happyone2323
    1496 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Broadchurch is really good. Friday Nights Lights.
    Daredevil is awesome but very violent.
    I didn't care for the other Marvel series.
    Stranger things.
    BulldogMom23 in Crawl to the Finish
  • gabbinoandbarnes
    8 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Stranger Things
    Jessica Jones
    Luke Cage
    Bates Motel
    Supernatural
    iZombie
    House of Cards
    Sons of Anarchy
    Lost
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    Orange is the New Black
    Mad Men
    Arrested Development
    The Walking Dead

I gave a selection of new and old shows that I think are worth the watch. Also a variety of genres since I'm not sure what you like. I would also check out Games of Thrones (HBO) and The Affair (SHOWTIME) but unfortunately those aren't on Netflix.
  • Stranger Things
    Jessica Jones
    Luke Cage
    Bates Motel
    Supernatural
    iZombie
    House of Cards
    Sons of Anarchy
    Lost
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    Orange is the New Black
    Mad Men
    Arrested Development
    The Walking Dead

I gave a selection of new and old shows that I think are worth the watch. Also a variety of genres since I'm not sure what you like. I would also check out Games of Thrones (HBO) and The Affair (SHOWTIME) but unfortunately those aren't on Netflix.

I've watched or tried most of those (a couple of them weren't my kind of thing) but I do really want to watch Supernatural and it isn't on UK Netflix :angry: so annoying!!
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    Stranger Things
    Jessica Jones
    Luke Cage
    Bates Motel
    Supernatural
    iZombie
    House of Cards
    Sons of Anarchy
    Lost
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    Orange is the New Black
    Mad Men
    Arrested Development
    The Walking Dead

Like all these shows too. I really watch way too much tv. I am rewatching Buffy and Lost right now. I usually watch both once every year or two. I am also just started the last season of Bates Motel.