EA Forums - Banner

Kind of playing in ralph mode...do i have to do anything for the epidemic stuff?

evant13579
645 posts Member
edited February 2017
So much going on this event, nice job EA (no sarcasm)

For the epidemic stuff, are the counts going up just by tapping on the travelers? I have not done much neighbor stuff and it seems to be going up anyway.

I've finished Act 1 in one of my Springfields, so just have this flu stuff to do. I cannot even tell if you get a reward for leveling up or doing the epidemic stuff.

Replies

• Neighbor visits, as often as possible, as many as possible.

Unknown if there is a prize, assume community prizes.
  • Neighbor visits, as often as possible, as many as possible.

Unknown if there is a prize, assume community prizes.

when i visited no neighbors both the % of world infected went up and the count at the top of mine for the level went up. when i went an clicked on a neighbor it didnt really look like anything special happened.
  • 4tee3
    141 posts Member
    Yes.
    You must do a somersault.
  • evant13579
    645 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    just fyi i just hit level 2 on the virus thing and i have not clicked any neighbors...dont think you have to visit neighbors to complete
  • Your number goes up for each neighbour visit you clear in your town. So you don't have to visit friends to raise your level. In fact I don't think neighbour visits actually achieve anything.
  • Visiting your neighbors helps your neighbor, just like their visits are helping you.
  • Surfcitygal
    1159 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    So far as I can tell, the more your infection levels up the more flu clouds float around to latch onto tourists. These tourists then yield more if you tap them, so maybe that is its own reward

I have 3 in my main town
  • Your number goes up for each neighbour visit you clear in your town. So you don't have to visit friends to raise your level. In fact I don't think neighbour visits actually achieve anything.

And for some of the tourists themselves. Not all, but some
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.

it goes up based on neighbor visit or clearing tourists? mine seems to go up even when i dont do anything
  • 1knitting wrote: »
    Visiting your neighbors helps your neighbor, just like their visits are helping you.

Yep! Exactly this!

• evant13579
    645 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    tilycoclem wrote: »
    1knitting wrote: »
    Visiting your neighbors helps your neighbor, just like their visits are helping you.

Yep! Exactly this!

my neighbors and i are like homer and flanders, me being homer...but they just dont delete me. stupid sexy neighbors.
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3040 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    evant13579 wrote: »
    Your number goes up for each neighbour visit you clear in your town. So you don't have to visit friends to raise your level. In fact I don't think neighbour visits actually achieve anything.

it goes up based on neighbor visit or clearing tourists? mine seems to go up even when i dont do anything

If nobody did anything, nothing would happen.

Logic. ;)

If everyone does neighbor visits, I think the epidemic rises at a faster rate. But it doesn't stop just because you're doing nothing...the rest of your neighbors are obviously interacting, as well as a lot of other tappers to whom they are connected.
  • evant13579
    645 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    evant13579 wrote: »
    Your number goes up for each neighbour visit you clear in your town. So you don't have to visit friends to raise your level. In fact I don't think neighbour visits actually achieve anything.

If nobody did anything, nothing would happen.

Logic. ;)

If everyone does neighbor visits, I think the epidemic rises at a faster rate. But it doesn't stop just because you're doing nothing...the rest of your neighbors are obviously interacting, as well as a lot of other tappers to whom they are connected.

that is why i asked, i was unsure if or how neighbor visits make a difference in terms of being able to complete the epidemic thing. it takes so much time to go through all my neighbors, as with many others load time and crashes makes it inefficient. i am just unclear of two things:
    1. Does the epidemic thing require neighbor visits to complete, or does it just speed things up. If one has no neighbors, can one complete it just taping their own travelers?
    2. What is the point? Is there a reward at the end of all the epidemic level ups?
  • You don't get flu points unless a neighbor taps you, as far as I know.
    And I am not sure if anyone knows if there is waiting reward at the end.
    That is tough that friend visits are hard for you to do.
  • evant13579
    645 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    1knitting wrote: »
    You don't get flu points unless a neighbor taps you, as far as I know.
    And I am not sure if anyone knows if there is waiting reward at the end.
    That is tough that friend visits are hard for you to do.

I use to do friend visits, but they have not done new friend prizes in 1-2 years i think. I have finished act 1 days ago. Without knowing if there is even a reward for the epidemic thing, or details within the game on how it works, it is really the only part of this event I am iffy about. I think I will finish it anyway, as whatever I am doing I am already almost on level 3.
  • My flu numbers also rise by tapping my own visiting tourists. So all 3 help: visiting friends, friends visiting you and tapping your town tourists.
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.