EA Forums - Banner

Crashing Is Worse Than Ever!

Prev1
Guess the update made everything better for everyone but me. :cry:

Replies

  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited February 2013
    Iv crashed once or twice since the update but nothing that worries me in the slightest, have you found anyone else to be having a similar problem as you?
  • LeFreeze
    904 posts
    edited February 2013
    strange.. tryied to uninstall??
  • kbabble
    61 posts
    edited February 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    In the last two days I have had AT LEAST a dozen app crashes and have seen the connection error screen countless times.

    I am also seeing a new "crash" where the game freezes on the spinning doughnut loading screen going in/out of friends' towns until I close the app from the background. This has happened at least 8-10 times in two days.

    AND, I've had the game freeze (not close, just lock up) twice now when I was collecting in my own town. The animations just stop and tapping/swiping the screen is useless. This also never happened before.

    Major fail. :?
    I've been experiencing all of this as well. :(
  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I've just had one single crash immediately after the new update, but stabilised since.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • michelleus66
    204 posts
    edited February 2013
    My main game crashed once after visiting a friend, but it's stable (touch wood) when I roam around town.

    It pauses a bit when there's too much stuff happening on-screen, but unlike during the Christmas event, it doesn't crash.

    My alternate town which never had a crashing problem before, crashed when I did a scratch ticket at the Kwik-E-Mart.

    But, that's it after two days.

    All in all, I'm satisfied with the way things are right now.
  • butterfly660
    229 posts
    edited February 2013
    Seems better for me since the update. But I probly just jinxed myself D:
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Seems better for me since the update. But I probly just jinxed myself D:

    I don't know why but I find your avatar very disturbing.


    Oh and crashing. Nope, complete stability since the update although i do have the occasional very long pause where I think you're gonna crash, you're gonna crash...which I guess means not quite complete stability.
  • butterfly660
    229 posts
    edited February 2013
    I find it disturbing that you could be disturbed by something that's clearly not disturbing at all.

    Oh well, I hope it gives you nightmares.
  • ICE_GRYLLZ
    63 posts
    edited February 2013
    During the christmas update i crashed 3-5 times per collection, and allot in between friends (made the friend glitch kinda hard). Now only twice since the update. Also the lack of snow is fantastic!
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I find it disturbing that you could be disturbed by something that's clearly not disturbing at all.

    Oh well, I hope it gives you nightmares.

    Well that's just not nice butterfly60. I also find your use of My Little Pony disturbing. Freak that you are :wink:
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited February 2013
    peruhomer wrote:
    I find it disturbing that you could be disturbed by something that's clearly not disturbing at all.

    Oh well, I hope it gives you nightmares.

    Well that's just not nice butterfly60. I also find your use of My Little Pony disturbing. Freak that you are :wink: [/quote

    Lol the ponies freak me out too! It's those eyes...so big and...sparkly...
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Lol the ponies freak me out too! It's those eyes...so big and...sparkly...

    The ponies' look like they've all just dropped acid and that trip that they are on is not a good one...
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited February 2013
    peruhomer wrote:
    Lol the ponies freak me out too! It's those eyes...so big and...sparkly...

    The ponies' look like they've all just dropped acid and that trip that they are on is not a good one...


    Haha definitely!! Omg look closely at the eyes, they move!!!!
  • butterfly660
    229 posts
    edited February 2013
    LOL :lol:
  • davedjamalie
    65 posts
    edited February 2013
    My crashes are stable now. I get one 30 seconds in where it disconnects me then I retry and it's fine! Weird, eh?
  • jcqi
    46 posts
    edited February 2013
    No crashes so far, or maybe my brain refuses to remember those traumatic events? However I did have a lot more near-crashing experience, where the game freezes for a second then recovers.
  • Pollux808
    7 posts
    edited February 2013
    My game has been crashing like crazy too, especially when I'm visiting friends. It's never crashed this much for any of the past updates. Very irritating. :?
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited February 2013
    It seems i spoke a little too soon. When is the crashing happening for you guys? Im actually 100% fine in my town or in any1 else's town but when im at the loading screen with the donut or in the friend screen I have a habit of crashing that has been steadily on the increase for reason i am not aware of
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited February 2013
    When is the crashing happening for you guys?
    Zero crashing due to swiping quickly through my town or neighbors... that is definitely an improvement.

    90% of my app crashes (game just disappears) happen when entering exiting a town (mine or friend's). The other 10% are in my town, and seem to happen when collecting or assigning tasks. These are both totally new types of crashes (at least for me) since the latest update.

    The game failing to crash or timeout, but rather just show the spinning doughnut load screen forever happens mostly when EXITING friends' towns.

    The game hanging/freezing/locking-up happens exclusively in my own town, either when collecting or assigning tasks.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited February 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    When is the crashing happening for you guys?
    Zero crashing due to swiping quickly through my town or neighbors... that is definitely an improvement.

    90% of my app crashes (game just disappears) happen when entering exiting a town (mine or friend's). The other 10% are in my town, and seem to happen when collecting or assigning tasks. These are both totally new types of crashes (at least for me) since the latest update.

    The game failing to crash or timeout, but rather just show the spinning doughnut load screen forever happens mostly when EXITING friends' towns.

    The game hanging/freezing/locking-up happens exclusively in my own town, either when collecting or assigning tasks.

    I get the frozen donut once in a few days maybe, what happens alot now is a long pause where the screen stops music stops everything stops for like sometimes a minute then boom it loads my town or my friends town.

    The biggest time im crashing and im noticing this today is from starting up the app during the loading screen im crashing before i can get into my town or even before it tells me to tap to continue.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.