EA Forums - Banner

Valentines Day update TOO EASY!!

Agreed although I don't have all of them yet, it does seen ridiculously easy and will lead to further complaining this time next week. However, it may only be running until Valentine's day and some of those ornaments would make lovely presents for our characters' back gardens (I really should be on morning television).

Your thread also deserves a lot more attention than what it has received. Sadly at the moment people seem too preoccupied with adding new friends to get all the very easy to get Valentine's items.

Replies

• chelsea0790
    407 posts
    edited February 2013
    The general consensus is that there will be more content to complete closer to valentines day, such as addition of the wiggum house and Ralph as a character
  • anibhat202
    39 posts
    edited February 2013
    Lucky you. You know what p's me off, its when i have a friend who has all the valentines decorations and their town gives me no hearts at all. It happened five times to me today. GRRRR!! :twisted: :twisted:

And also, if any of you have seen, some people have gotten Ralph with the Wiggum House and the El Chemistri restaurant.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9271723.page

It has pictures so its not fake.
  • HammyBaconTime
    264 posts
    edited February 2013
    peruhomer wrote:
    Agreed although I don't have all of them yet, it does seen ridiculously easy and will lead to further complaining this time next week. However, it may only be running until Valentine's day and some of those ornaments would make lovely presents for our characters' back gardens (I really should be on morning television).

Your thread also deserves a lot more attention than what it has received. Sadly at the moment people seem too preoccupied with adding new friends to get all the very easy to get Valentine's items.

Says its running until Feb 28
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited February 2013
    Well it better too easy than too hard, there's nothing worse than hearing people complain 'so unfair EA, how do you expect me to get 15,000 hearts in a week, I have a job/kids/etc.' boo!
  • vmarco88
    25 posts
    edited February 2013
    True. I'm just saying though, I got most of the items by Feb 2nd. I'm just stacking up hearts now, seems like there's an update coming up though. Maybe at the end of this Valentines theme they can give us doughnuts or cool items for our leftover hearts, like they did with the Santa coins.
  • BDIHP
    189 posts
    edited February 2013
    I would be very surprised if they gave us donuts for leftovers, especially since the update is easy. But, they could add a couple items at the end. I never stopped collecting Santa Coins and it paid off handsomely in donuts. Hopefully, they will have a nice item or two for hearts on the 28th!
  • Burnin_TODI
    1552 posts
    edited February 2013
    The general consensus is that there will be more content to complete closer to valentines day, such as addition of the wiggum house and Ralph as a character

I am guessing that Ralph will be for in game money and not hearts
  • lilydalelah
    134 posts
    edited February 2013
    anibhat202 wrote:
    Lucky you. You know what p's me off, its when i have a friend who has all the valentines decorations and their town gives me no hearts at all. It happened five times to me today. GRRRR!! :twisted: :twisted:

And also, if any of you have seen, some people have gotten Ralph with the Wiggum House and the El Chemistri restaurant.

I have some but not all the valentines stuff. I'm annoyed goals are to build decorations before buildings because I havent gotten that many hearts yet -- not overflowing with extra to build a topiary so I opt to go for the buildings first. But you are right; I see they will add up quickly.

Not sure if I'm missing something because I'm seeing more from visitors to my town than by visiting others, where I am finding relatively few. So
    I came to the forum hoping to find out how and why some towns give hearts and some don't, and to know how to make sure mine does.
    and expect to probably find this answer in another thread - so pls forgive if this is a stupid/redundant question but this poll thread was my first stop - but if anyone knows please shed light on how/why. And if friends of mine can please let me know if my town is generous or stingy with hearts I'd appreciate the insight. Thanks
  • shesaid_dest
    151 posts
    edited February 2013
    Easy, easy... I don't feel the update is that easy... Then again, i started playing around christmas and i'm only a level 15. So compared to y'all leven 25+, With a million friends and tons in cash, i can't compete... :-)
    I suppose they have to make it doable and fun for all the gamers across the board.

And lol on the donut tree, wish i had one of those though :wink:
  • Farks4
    183 posts
    edited February 2013
    anibhat202 wrote:

quoted so url could be clicked straght away
  • anibhat202
    39 posts
    edited February 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    anibhat202 wrote:

Yeah! And where's my donut tree? It has pictures so its not fake.

DonutTree_600_zps66a9a010.jpg

*gets pitchfork and torch to join mob*

Haha, you got me there Spiff, but on a serious note, i think the in-game update comes when you cross bonus level 26.
  • anibhat202
    39 posts
    edited February 2013
    anibhat202 wrote:

I have some but not all the valentines stuff. I'm annoyed goals are to build decorations before buildings because I havent gotten that many hearts yet -- not overflowing with extra to build a topiary so I opt to go for the buildings first. But you are right; I see they will add up quickly.

Not sure if I'm missing something because I'm seeing more from visitors to my town than by visiting others, where I am finding relatively few. So
    I came to the forum hoping to find out how and why some towns give hearts and some don't, and to know how to make sure mine does.
    and expect to probably find this answer in another thread - so pls forgive if this is a stupid/redundant question but this poll thread was my first stop - but if anyone knows please shed light on how/why. And if friends of mine can please let me know if my town is generous or stingy with hearts I'd appreciate the insight. Thanks

Generally when you visit a town, it is completely random, sometime you'll get three hearts, sometimes you'll get none. For some of my friends, it seems that i arrived too late and they were no valentines i could click. But in youre town when you see that youre friends have given you a valentine, you are guaranteed a heart. Thats your only guaranteed steady source of hearts. I think EA made it random so it is not so easy to collect everything at once for everyone, especially those with fewer friends.

But im still ruing my bad luck. :(
  • anibhat202
    39 posts
    edited February 2013
    Farks4 wrote:
    anibhat202 wrote:

quoted so url could be clicked straght away

Thanks, the pics are on page 2. Hey, you're from Australia, me too. Can i add you?
  • Emmyisclass
    7 posts
    edited February 2013
    I have everything already too. Well like 10 trees, couple of ponds etc.
    I hope they bring a cool way to spend hearts near the end like they did with the Santa coins.

They buildings don't really do much either :/
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I don't know, I'm not sure I want quest progressions like the Krabapple Apartments; there were so many quests, and it took so long. I think they shouldn't have allowed you to immediately build all of the buildings; you should have had to wait until you unlocked the building in the quest progression. Although, that would make it tough for new players as you'd need to have some higher buildings to progress (Power Plant mainly).

The sample size on the forum is probably a little biased. Most people on here are aware of the information, and probably have a lot of friends. There are probably 100x (or more) players that have no real idea of what to do, and may not have many friends. We'll probably see a small fraction of those players start to show up and start complaining the event is long enough in a few weeks. But, for most of us, it may be a little too short.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.