EA Forums - Banner

My money gets negative all the time. What can I do?

Prev1
Please help. This is not a brag post. Since my money hits the max on my main account, I couldn't play the game anymore. It's always going to the negative if I ever collect a round with tasks (over few millions each round). I spend some making donuts but I don't have enough time to spend (hours at a time if I want to use up like 10 mil). It's getting to the point where I had to stop playing the game, stop collecting buildings, tuck away the irc, stop sending any character to task, just so I can keep my game going. This is even worse than deco limit. Is there anything I can do? Something I can convert or even get rid of 10 mil at a button push? (Not unique buildings that take long time to build). Can EA please increase the money limit? It's literally killing the game for me. I can't tuck away all the buildings cause some have characters some have multipliers. I got rid of most of my house farm but not much use. I want the xp for donuts but the money gain is preventing me to continue. Thanks for all your input.

Replies

• I'll bite: Buying Blood Mobiles will spend many millions in minutes.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • How can this be killing the game for you? If you're in minus money but able to spend it donut farming, logic should tell you that you still have money to spend. You have more than 2.14 billion (or somewhere near there) which is when the money counter can no longer count, so it goes backwards, but you're still making money as you know because you're clearing buildings.

As the first reply said, if it scares you that much just buy a bunch of bloodmobiles. You're not losing money, although no one knows what happens when it minuses all the way back to zero and presumably starts counting in the positive then. But if you're clearing a couple of million every time anyway, it won't matter if it goes back to zero again.
  • They can't increase the limit as it's a limit in all computers.
  • If you need to get rid of cash fast, buy some or all of those aspirational items, don't wait for them to build, you can sell them immediately. You will get back 25% of the purchase, but it's the fastest way I know to get rid of cash to stay under the 2.1 billion limit.
  • jaddy1874 wrote: »
    ...what happens when it minuses all the way back to zero...

Just before it gets to 0 (ie. -1) you will really be at 4,294,967,295 money
    When you get to 0 you really have 0 (ie. lost it all)
    Mr. Papadapaconstantikasgianopolopodopotopolis was my father. You can call me Spiro.
  • Doughnut farm with Gina's prison bus. It's the same xp ratio as the bloodmobiles but costs a lot more so you can get through faster.
  • doh1886 wrote: »
    They can't increase the limit as it's a limit in all computers.

They could if it was really a priority; integer sizes don't have to be insurmountable barriers, they just require more skill and effort to workaround...
  • Have you tried nuking?
  • spam22721 wrote: »
    doh1886 wrote: »

They could if it was really a priority; integer sizes don't have to be insurmountable barriers, they just require more skill and effort to workaround...

I was given to understand from previous threads on this topic that this is a display problem only and that the game nevertheless correctly tracks the actual user money amount. Is that not right? And if right, why all the fuss about a minor display issue that affects far less than 1% of the user base?

• frosted1414
    2479 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    spam22721 wrote: »

Not even. They chose to use a 'short' (32 bit integer [4 bytes of memory]) They could have declared a 'long' (64 bit integer [8 bytes memory]) Just one line of code in the declars. But note everything in the code that uses money would also have to be declared as longs (64 bit) to match. Every item, every job, bonus calculations, everything dealing with money... too late now I suspect. As well there are memory considerations. Every item, job etc. with a money value attached would then require twice the memory (8 bytes instead of 4) With 1000's of items, jobs, etc it adds up fast.
    Post edited by frosted1414 on
    Mr. Papadapaconstantikasgianopolopodopotopolis was my father. You can call me Spiro.
  • I had no idea there was a money cap :o
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • spam22721 wrote: »

I was given to understand from previous threads on this topic that this is a display problem only and that the game nevertheless correctly tracks the actual user money amount. Is that not right? And if right, why all the fuss about a minor display issue that affects far less than 1% of the user base?

I would think EA couldn't just deplete all your money. Say, for example, you purchased the in-game currency using donuts.. which you paid actual real life cash for?
  • Thanks I will try the aspirational item thing. And yes I can donut farm. I buy 200 rap truck each time and slowly click my donuts. It's awfully slow and take 1 hour each round. I don't have that much time and if I click on buildings or tasks I got more money than I spent again. Maybe cause I have a large multiplier and had too many buildings from previous events. But nuking isn't really an option cause some buildings have characters some items have multipliers (not necessarily on the description). I literally am halted in the game. If EA can make their donut round faster or if they increase money cap it would be great. Thanks for all your answers. I can probably click my buildings again if the aspirational thing works out.
  • Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Thanks I will try the aspirational item thing. And yes I can donut farm. I buy 200 rap truck each time and slowly click my donuts. It's awfully slow and take 1 hour each round. I don't have that much time and if I click on buildings or tasks I got more money than I spent again. Maybe cause I have a large multiplier and had too many buildings from previous events. But nuking isn't really an option cause some buildings have characters some items have multipliers (not necessarily on the description). I literally am halted in the game. If EA can make their donut round faster or if they increase money cap it would be great. Thanks for all your answers. I can probably click my buildings again if the aspirational thing works out.

I have a feeling I'm headed where you are at right now. If you don't mind sharing...
    • What exactly is your multiplier at right now? Beyond 3000% I'm assuming?
    • How are you able to add 200 rat trap trucks at a time? I can't add more than 50 before I reach the max item warning. Is there something else I should be doing?
    • Yes, you do earn bucket loads of cash when you collect from bldgs & jobs (I spend millions each day and my funds steadily increase).
  • girl22721
    1159 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Not even. They chose to use a 'short' (32 bit integer [4 bytes of memory]) They could have declared a 'long' (64 bit integer [8 bytes memory]) Just one line of code in the declars. But note everything in the code that uses money would also have to be declared as longs (64 bit) to match.

I haven't seen the code but would expect the total could quite reasonably be a longer type than used for individual amounts added or subtracted in this game. My point was simply that they could surely fix the issue if they want to (even if they needed a total of arbitrary size) it's just a matter of whether or not they consider it worthwhile to do so.
  • Jonalinn wrote: »

I would think EA couldn't just deplete all your money. Say, for example, you purchased the in-game currency using donuts.. which you paid actual real life cash for?

I’m not 100% sure I’m correctly interpreting your comment, but — to reiterate what I said before — I don’t believe (based on opinions proffered in previous threads) that the game is actually decreasing in-game cash once the amount passes the so-called cap; it only appears that way.

But even if this glitch were somehow decreasing in-game cash, it’s hard for me see how it affects actual user money. Your example of users purchasing in-game money with donuts (which many users have pay for with real money) is not very convincing. I’ve never heard of any user actually employing this particular game option, except by mistake.

I’m not 100% sure I’m correctly interpreting your comment, but — to reiterate what I said before — I don’t believe (based on opinions proffered in previous threads) that the game is actually decreasing in-game cash once the amount passes the so-called cap; it only appears that way.

But even if this glitch were somehow decreasing in-game cash, it’s hard for me see how it affects actual user money. Your example of users purchasing in-game money with donuts (which many users have pay for with real money) is not very convincing. I’ve never heard of any user actually employing this particular game option, except by mistake.

I agree that he isn't really losing in-game money. But I might be misunderstanding you... are you saying no one ever purchases in-game currency using donuts except by mistake?
    Jonalinn wrote: »

I agree that he isn't really losing in-game money. But I might be misunderstanding you... are you saying no one ever purchases in-game currency using donuts except by mistake?

Yes, that is pretty much what I’m saying. Why would you? Once you get past the early levels of the game, in-game cash is easily and quickly obtainable. Donuts, on the other hand, are less easy to come by — you have pay real money to garner them in substantial numbers (unless you’re a donut farmer).
  • Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member
    edited February 2017

Yes, that is pretty much what I’m saying. Why would you? Once you get past the early levels of the game, in-game cash is easily and quickly obtainable. Donuts, on the other hand, are less easy to come by — you have pay real money to garner them in substantial numbers (unless you’re a donut farmer).

I agree that it probably isn't very wise, but we can't say no one actually does it. And, by the mere fact that it is possible (again tho, I agree with you.. not very smart), EA would not be in a position to remove in-game cash.

I agree that it probably isn't very wise, but we can't say no one actually does it. And, by the mere fact that it *is* possible (again tho, I agree with you.. not very smart), EA would not be in a position to remove in-game cash.

Well, yes, I’m not disagreeing with you, @Jonalinn, but, harking back to my earlier post, I think the issue of in-game money-for-donuts is bit of tangent. One, people rarely use the option; but second — and much more importantly — I’m maintaining that the game is in reality correctly tracking user in-game cash amounts. It just displays incorrectly once it reaches a certain threshold value. As an addendum, I’m certainly willing to be shown that I’m in error on this last point. I haven’t reached this cap myself (nor am I likely to in the near future), so I haven’t had the opportunity to test it. I’m relying solely on what posters in previous threads have stated.