EA Forums - Banner

Neighbors With No Valentines

2Next

Replies

  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    Let's start calling out the forum regulars who don't have valentines available in their town. I assume this is because they aren't collecting fast enough, but please let us know if that's not the reason.

    Here are the two that I haven't been able to collect from any time in the last 18 hours:

    Sonny1618
    TheJazzDiva
    Interesting?
    I have regularly collected valentine cards from sonny, now three visits.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited February 2013
    adruralo52 wrote:
    dcline414 wrote:
    Let's start calling out the forum regulars who don't have valentines available in their town. I assume this is because they aren't collecting fast enough, but please let us know if that's not the reason.

    Here are the two that I haven't been able to collect from any time in the last 18 hours:

    Sonny1618
    TheJazzDiva
    Interesting?
    I have regularly collected valentine cards from sonny, now three visits.
    Was able to collect from Sonny today, after about 20 unsuccessful attempt since I could get in two days ago. After 25 unsuccessful visits I finally dropped TheJazzDiva in favor of someone who I was able to collect from right away. :)

    I guess, based on the responses to this post, that dropping them is preferred to asking them to collect their valentines. :roll:

    Let's face it, being a "daily" player who only logs in 2-3 times per day and has 100 friends means that only 20-30% of your friends can collect in your town. This update requires neighbors who play 10+ times per day. Just the cold hard facts.
  • Don_Have_A_Cow
    495 posts
    edited February 2013
    This thread really should be deleted and the person who started it demoted. Just sayin'
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited February 2013
    This thread really should be deleted and the person who started it demoted.just sayin'
    Demoted? :shock:

    I'm a regular here, love playing TSTO and participating in this community. Sorry if you disagree with my stance on people who can't/won't help their neighbors, but I was just being honest. If that makes me a bad person, I guess that's just what I am.

    However I don't think that anyone should be demoted, even if I disagree with them, unless they post something truly vile/offensive.
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    Let's face it, being a "daily" player who only logs in 2-3 times per day and has 100 friends means that only 20-30% of your friends can collect in your town. This update requires neighbors who play 10+ times per day. Just the cold hard facts.

    I prefer quality over quantity, besides I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to get excess hearts that will end up disappearing after the event is over. Not to mention that you get more hearts when your neighbor visits you, which they have all been doing.
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited February 2013
    zuzupj wrote:
    I prefer quality over quantity....
    I prefer both! Is that really so much to ask? :wink::D
  • kschold
    236 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    Is that really so much to ask?

    Of course not. Everything is as it should be. Please return to the mirror for your regularly scheduled preening and self-congratulation.
  • petergeenen
    948 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    Let's start calling out the forum regulars who don't have valentines available in their town. I assume this is because they aren't collecting fast enough, but please let us know if that's not the reason.





    Edited to protect the innocent (and/or guilty ;) )

    droids.JPG
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited February 2013
    weldon999 wrote:
    Please remember that EA is still having troubles on their end. Problems that I've seen today include:
    1) towns with Valentines that all disappear within one second of the town being opened. If you are fast enough or have a slow connection you can tap one before they disappear.
    2) towns with Valentines that disappear after you tap the first one. Exiting that town and re-entering it shows the Valentines again, with the one you already tapped back in place.

    Please don't jump to conclusions and blame the player automatically.

    #1 is normal. I think it brings up the town with what it should have, the delete what's not available.

    Not seen the other.
  • MaggieLisa33
    101 posts
    edited February 2013
    First of all, I think when all is said and done we'll all have plenty of hearts even if you can't always send cards to everyone. Second, when you factor in sleep, jobs, and all the different time zones that people live in, it is inevitable that there are some neighbors I will always "miss", even if I visit several times a day. Conversely, some neighbors will always "miss" me. I'm not going to delete people because of that, I just try back a couple of times and then I just vandalize some of their buildings or whatnot.

    I think by now people have figured out that it is beneficial to clear your hearts as often as possible. Go ahead and delete if that's how you want to play, but I'm not sure I'd advertise it.
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited February 2013
    look-of-disapproval-lisa.jpeg
  • MaggieLisa33
    101 posts
    edited February 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    If my name appeared here, which it could, I would post when I cleared cards and the poster would get an email letting them know there was a new post. Saves them the trouble of visiting me repeatedly only to be frustrated.

    I'm not hoping for them to be deleted... Just spurred to action. :)

    OK - I get what you're saying, but if everyone posted every time they cleared their cards, I think that would be a huge pain in the a$$, both for the poster and the people getting all the emails. Maybe you could just pick a couple of times a day to visit your neighbors and if they still didn't have cards you could just vandalize or something. Then you wouldn't be frustrated. It's supposed to be fun, not frustrating! :) I don't think it would be held against you as I think people are starting to realize that cards are not available every single time someone visits.
  • arnoutVI
    604 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    Let's start calling out the forum regulars who don't have valentines available in their town. I assume this is because they aren't collecting fast enough, but please let us know if that's not the reason.





    Edited to protect the innocent (and/or guilty ;) )

    droids.JPG

    :lol:
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited February 2013
    sonny1618 wrote:
    look-of-disapproval-lisa.jpeg
    Is that, by any chance, your 'amused' face? :lol:
  • arnoutVI
    604 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    First of all, I think when all is said and done we'll all have plenty of hearts even if you can't always send cards to everyone. Second, when you factor in sleep, jobs, and all the different time zones that people live in, it is inevitable that there are some neighbors I will always "miss", even if I visit several times a day. Conversely, some neighbors will always "miss" me. I'm not going to delete people because of that, I just try back a couple of times and then I just vandalize some of their buildings or whatnot.

    I think by now people have figured out that it is beneficial to clear your hearts as often as possible. Go ahead and delete if that's how you want to play, but I'm not sure I'd advertise it.

    I completly agree.
    There are a couple of friends in my list that i was never able to collect hearts. But than who cares i allready have the shops and all the Valentine decorations . I make sure i get enough hearts for the future. I also make sure that i collect cards. But i need sleep and have a job so i can't check in every hour.
    But i believe i'm a got friend for those in my list and i love their hearts .
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited February 2013
    Until I logged in to the board today for the first time in weeks I had no idea how the cards worked and didn't know you had to regularly clear them. I was only able to check my town once or twice a day this last month.


    >mfw dcline sends me valentine's cards

    oh-you-93067263235.jpeg
  • cuttyshark69
    215 posts
    edited February 2013
    Well I was away for the past 3 days at a karting event, and I will be away next weekend as well. If any of my "friends" want to drop me because I actually have a life outside of this game then please, go ahead, seriously :!: Because if you want to be that fickle then I really don't actually want you on my friends list anyways.

    To those of you that do choose to keep me on, I love you guys, you rock :P

    P.s Cheers Spiff for the boatloads of valentines cards I received when I got back. Your name was literally everywhere :)
  • Suze947
    13 posts
    edited March 2013
    I agree with you dcline . having neighbors is mutually beneficial. Each neighbor should visit his/ her Springfields each day. I play two other games with a similar issue. if one wants to be a neighbor, then contribute. if you what to add me, I will visit every day : augustyna1.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.