EA Forums - Banner

Rail Yard Thread

Prev13456718
Due to the drama these threads have caused amongst members, I have decided to make this sticky for all you "Rail Yard Enthusiasts"

From now on, you are to use this thread only for your hobby. I do not want to see any other thread regarding this subject as it will get deleted. Please play nice and enjoy yourselves

Replies

• Too bad that the single person who created "the drama" has basically won. I'm sure he's doing backflips now. We had fun with the Rail Yard reminder threads every week. Oh well, it was fun until a bomb was thrown and the fun ended.
  • reported
  • evant13579 wrote: »
    reported

rofl.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • bump.
  • It's true though. Wadebear started it as a little reminder, everyone knows that, it was useful. Then someone got bored and decided to troll him. And they have now been rewarded for that and guess what? Now that kind of behavior will increase. More work for mods.
  • 11,394 blueprints on my first pass. Not bad!

2294 bps (120 cans + 20 glass)
    1546 bps (60 plastics)
    1726 bps (45 glass)
    762 bps (60 cans + 750 trash)
    1555 bps (60 plastics + 450 trash)
    754 bps (20 glass + 750 trash)
    1012 bps (80 cans + 850 trash)
    1726 bps (45 glass)
    19 bps (800 trash)
  • Thanks @Deadshot_DCU this is what was needed just one thread.
  • Umm... Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a sticky thread that's always on top of the page... What's the point of bumping this? No one's gonna notice that it's been bumped :confused:
  • Soon to be forgotten like all the other sticky threads. Maybe unsticky it so we can bump it. I mean, I could bump this thing like it's my dead horse but will anyone notice?
    Too bad that the single person who created "the drama" has basically won.
    I'm glad others feel the same way. I didn't want to be first to express this. The whiners win.

Who was the other mod that had the opposite opinion on this thread? (Sorry...I can't remember. But I liked that decision better.)
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • Why all the negative replies? Am glad there's one thread on this and so what if it's sticky at least it will remind people about it.
  • No it doesn't need to be bumped
    Yes it needs to be sticky so no new threads are created (at least that's the idea)
    Every week all someone has to do is speak up (bump thread) and hopefully will all notice the NEW and be reminded
  • HomerND84 wrote: »
    Thanks @Deadshot_DCU this is what was needed just one thread.

+1
    Nuking is always the answer
  • I spoke to other mods & we came to this agreement. Instead of having multiple threads created every single week. A single thread that is stickied for all you guys & gals is better.

Also, this has nothing to do with who won & who lost. In fact it seems you all won considering there is now a permanent sticky for you all & there's no need to create new ones every week. Seems like a win/win to me.
  • Willy9292
    1445 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    @Deadshot_DCU as a long time member and even longer lurker here, I will respect the decision all the mods made. I do not agree with it. The new thread each week was exactly what worked as a reminder. and a sticky will not replace that. We have a huge Flu add me thread running for the last couple weeks that is no different, there is an add me thread already as a sticky. As a Mod and an Admin on other similar forums I can appreciate your desire to stop the trolling and bickering, and I hope we can all just move on. Again, agree or not I don't want the work the Mods do to not be remembered. It can be a very frustrating job and the pay sucks. For me, end of discussion.

EDIT: 1st time hit with the filters, make that the pay inhales deeply.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Willy9292 wrote: »
    @Deadshot_DCU as a long time member and even longer lurker here, I will respect the decision all the mods made. I do not agree with it. The new thread each week was exactly what worked as a reminder. and a sticky will not replace that. We have a huge Flu add me thread running for the last couple weeks that is no different, there is an add me thread already as a sticky. As a Mod and an Admin on other similar forums I can appreciate your desire to stop the trolling and bickering, and I hope we can all just move on. Again, agree or not I don't want the work the Mods do to not be remembered. It can be a very frustrating job and the pay ****. For me, end of discussion.

Well said.

• Too bad that the single person who created "the drama" has basically won. I'm sure he's doing backflips now. We had fun with the Rail Yard reminder threads every week. Oh well, it was fun until a bomb was thrown and the fun ended.
    Totally agree with this statement.

iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • @Willy9292 The difference between the Flu thread and the old Rail Yard threads was that the flu one is constant. You don't see new Flu threads popping up every week. The rail Yard was being made every week instead of using the previous one. There's a huge difference and that is where the bickering came about. Different people would make it. So to settle the issue, you all now have this sticky thread.

If you all don't like it, then let me know and I will delete it. But know that any Rail Yard threads I see after this will be merged into one solitary one because I refuse to have anymore drama over this. Especially something that is supposed to be fun.
  • It'll be a waste deleting it because once you do there will be loads of rail yard threads popping up.
    I'm one of the people they are on about. I don't care if they whinge at me for it. Reason why I done the complaining was I was sick of seeing new threads on it instead of the original one being bumped up.

Can all the Whiners please stop all this hate and let it be.
  • ^ It isn't necessary to identify yourself. This is known. Protest isn't hate. I'll miss Wadebear's fun little, harmless posts that were hijacked because someone was bored. But, the decision is made, time to move on.
  • It'll be a waste deleting it because once you do there will be loads of rail yard threads popping up.

And we know who will be doing that!
    I enjoyed wadebears reminders and chitchat.