EA Forums - Banner

90 donuts opinions: Shauna, Dr Nick, other?

If your not going to save for Otto or Frink I would do Dr Nick over Shauna. Shauna has no voice and her tasks are meh. Nick has a voice and hilarious phrases.

Otherwise the Hans or BBMan or SVT are great, Kearny is the worst, don't get him. The I ly bad thing with BBMan is his only outdoor tasks are the 30 and 60 minute.

Replies

• Calerock
    312 posts
    edited February 2013
    LIMITED ALL THE WAY
  • strola07
    38 posts
    edited February 2013
    I'm in the same boat right now with 86 donuts in trying to size for a premium item that has a building and a person
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • michelleus66
    204 posts
    edited February 2013
    Might as well go for Shauna because she's only available for a limited time.

So many people on this forum whine and complain because they missed out on Marge's witch outfit and Kang.

Buy Shauna now and get Dr. Nick in the future. He's not limited, so he'll be available later on.

• rawmel3
    276 posts
    edited February 2013
    Shauna, get 'em while you can
  • HammyBaconTime
    264 posts
    edited February 2013

So many people on this forum whine and complain because they missed out on Marge's witch outfit and Kang.

Buy Shauna now and get Dr. Nick in the future. He's not limited, so he'll be available later on.

Alot of use couldn't get marge because of the glitch that wouldn't let us build Moes or the Church. It was fixed in the very update that removed the Halloween stuff.
  • michelleus66
    204 posts
    edited February 2013

A lot of use couldn't get marge because of the glitch that wouldn't let us build Moe's or the Church. It was fixed in the very update that removed the Halloween stuff.

Yeah, it was too bad for people who hadn't reached the stage where they could build Moe's (But, I don't think it was a glitch. It's just the game forces you to buy things in order, and Moe's isn't available until all the stuff before it is built.)

Still, many people opted not to get Marge's outfit and Kang and now wish they had. Shauna is nowhere as cool as Dr. Nick, but come June, I bet many folks will be bemoaning the fact they didn't pull the trigger when they had the chance.
  • HammyBaconTime
    264 posts
    edited February 2013

A lot of use couldn't get marge because of the glitch that wouldn't let us build Moe's or the Church. It was fixed in the very update that removed the Halloween stuff.

Yeah, it was too bad for people who hadn't reached the stage where they could build Moe's (But, I don't think it was a glitch. It's just the game forces you to buy things in order, and Moe's isn't available until all the stuff before it is built.)

Still, many people opted not to get Marge's outfit and Kang and now wish they had. Shauna is nowhere as cool as Dr. Nick, but come June, I bet many folks will be bemoaning the fact they didn't pull the trigger when they had the chance.

I picked up Kang but nothing would prompt the building of the church. Nothing except the removal of the Halloween stuff. Since then I've been scrambling to get everything since.
  • HsueEEE
    233 posts
    edited February 2013
    mdfriend wrote:
    If your not going to save for Otto or Frink I would do Dr Nick over Shauna. Shauna has no voice and her tasks are meh. Nick has a voice and hilarious phrases.

Otherwise the Hans or BBMan or SVT are great, Kearny is the worst, don't get him. The I ly bad thing with BBMan is his only outdoor tasks are the 30 and 60 minute.

Shauna's tease the ducks is pretty funny...
    Kearny's dance kick is pretty fun to watch...
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Are you getting more donuts?

I'd wait if you are not.

She isn't a central character so who cares if you miss her and she's not voiced. There are rumors that something better is coming in the next update and if you can't really afford more donuts? You might regret getting her.

Then again, if you have money to burn and are getting more?

Then always go for the limited items. I didn't realize she was limited.
  • DOHbeeWan
    80 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. I gained about 90 donuts from the Christmas stockings and have never spent real money on the game. I have always debated buying a small amount since I play so often (to give the developers something for this free game) but there wasn't much great for $5-10 and I always managed to lose a lot of the donuts I have accumulated from accidental tapping (but luckily was able to speed the Simpsons house up with 2 donuts once!).

So I am probably not going to have this many donuts again. Shauna was low on my radar but the limited time factor bumps her up. If I don't buy any more donuts, though, it sounds like Dr. Nick is the way to go? Character-wise, he would be one of my top choices.

The rumors about the upcoming update - are you implying that I shoul save for

SPOILER ALERT FROM OTHER POSTS
    Ralph's house?
  • Pieman411
    99 posts
    edited February 2013
    I missed out on Kang and regret it every day. Since then i made a vow to never pass up a limited time character again (costume variants excluded).
  • imfkool
    1111 posts
    edited February 2013
    Pieman411 wrote:
    I missed out on Kang and regret it every day. Since then i made a vow to never pass up a limited time character again (costume variants excluded).

Haha same here! All though I can't get any of the limited time characters because of my low dought inbox :?
  • DOHbeeWan
    80 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Although Shauna is no Kang. Kang would be top of my list but I didn't have enough back then. Any ideas when the next big update is? End of the February update?
  • Marcovarius
    558 posts
    edited February 2013
    DOHbeeWan wrote:
    Although Shauna is no Kang. Kang would be top of my list but I didn't have enough back then. Any ideas when the next big update is? End of the February update?

The update was already uploaded to our device and it will be triggered the day it has to. unfortunately the raw files didnt specify the dates :(
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited February 2013
    If you plan on buying more donuts in the future then get Shauna now if you dont then weigh your options you can get a character now or save up but with saving up there is some risk involved like losing a few donuts here n there to stupid things like speeding up by mistake
  • DocNo42
    112 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    mdfriend wrote:

This. I like Dr. Nick more than Otto or Fink - his phrases are much better

"ow... you hurt my.... thing" (loosely paraphrasing)

EDIT: I forgot she's limited time - that would bump her to the top if I was deciding. I gorged on the holiday donut sale so I didn't have to choose - I already had the others :)
  • rrpj007
    41 posts
    edited February 2013
    Well, Dr. Nick is much more entertaining ... his phrases are hilarious. Shauna is OK. Her tease the duck mission is funny.

Bottom line: I prefer Dr. Nick over Shauna, but as has been mentioned, Shauna's only available for a limited time. If you think you might pony up more cash at a later point, I'd hold off and get Dr. Nick then.
  • Atomic Beam
    230 posts
    edited February 2013
    none of them are even worth buying...im not willing to pay 10$ on a virtual character when I could buy a complete game on the app store for 1$ like angry birds...Just find someone to hack your account and give you all the items for free, thats what I did...
  • Dannesand
    434 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Get Nick :D He is one of the funniest characters imo. haha always when Dr. Hibbert refuses a dangerous weird surgery or similar Dr Nick always shows up:) HI EVERBODY! gotta love that guy:)

Shauna is pretty booring imo. She was in one episode and she isnt really an important character in the series.
  • FreeWillUnit
    64 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    If you aren't going to spend real money on the game in the future, then I would ignore the flavor-of-the-month character (Shauna) and go with something you are going to enjoy having the most on a daily basis.

For me, that's Dr. Nick. He is absolutely hilarious, and I never tire of clicking on him and hearing his voice.

However, if you are interested in maximizing the game money your characters give you, consider Bumblebee Man + SVT. Both are funny, just not to the level of Dr. Nick. Bumblebee Man has the added bonus of unlocking a very lucrative 24-hour task at Channel 6 (once you have the building). In terms of payout, he's essentially like getting two premium characters for the price of one. It surprises me that I have never seen this mentioned here.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!