EA Forums - Banner

Game keeps crashing while trying to get maggie

Hi all
I'm on level 26 and I've just built the free play building for Maggie and every time I click on the just finished built building the game crashes to a black screen and I can't play. When I load the game up it comes to a black screen, could anyone help me please, thank you

Replies

• I had this problem recently too, this is what I did to fix it:
    There is a cut scene that causes black screen. To fix, close your game, clear cache on your device, shut down your device and restart.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • How do I clear cache? I'm using the iPad Air 2
  • I use an iPad Air, this is how I do it:
    Go to Settings> Safari> Clear history and website data
    I regularly clear cache, about once a week, as it can build up over time.
  • Yes!! Thank you so much! It's worked, I think I will be doing that once a week too, thank you
  • Glad I could be of help, happy tapping!
  • AveryBre
    1 posts New member
    I have this problem too but this didn’t help :(
  • If you have already cleared your cache, try to delete any unwanted apps etc to make more space on your device. Apple devices in particular need a lot of free space for the game to run smoothly. When you play Tapped Out do not have any other apps open at the same time.
  • Hai, I have the exact same problem as Ewestbury90, but all of your tips doesn’t work is there any other thing I have to do?
    I use a iPhone XS and I have 30 gb storage left, so that isn’t the problem.
  • But for me it’s the cutscene that comes with the building. It’s with every cutscene
  • > @jessehalfm48 said:
    > But for me it’s the cutscene that comes with the building. It’s with every cutscene

same problem here, need help :((
  • Me too pls I need help with that I try that and it still crashes
  • 11EEvey
    3293 posts Member
    So you tried the suggestion to clear your cache, make extra space and not having other apps open?
    Try using a different device to play through the cut scene, preferable a different os, example if you play on iPad try an android device and then go back to your original device
    Otherwise contact EA for help at the site
    https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=the-simpsons-tapped-out
    or on Twitter https://twitter.com/EAHelp/
    Chat or phone is best during business hours in US Central Time M-F
  • [quote="jessehalfm48;c-2157772"]But for me it’s the cutscene that comes with the building. It’s with every cutscene[/quote]

Same. Could anyone solve this??
  • 11EEvey
    3293 posts Member
    @Calvonicok There are suggestions in this thread. Did you try them? As I advised above, if the other suggestions do not work, contact EA.
  • @1EllieG7294 thanks. Yes, I tried all. Wrote them on Twitter but still nothing from them. I tried the guide but they ask for the Mayhem ID inside the game, but the game now won’t even launch (because the cutscene) so I can’t see my ID.