EA Forums - Banner

1000% club

Prev1345
OK, it's only half as prestigious as that other percentage club, but I'm very pleased. I'd been siphoning off donuts from KEM farming so that I'd reach another milestone at the same time - 10,000 freemium donuts. I know that to many 1000% and 10,000 donuts seems small and to many it will seem high, but it's more symbolic for me (not a brag thread). It's sort of symbolizes I'm at a point in the game where I can pretty much buy anything I want, anytime I want. It wasn't so long ago that I'd agonize over my purchases and make absolutely sure I wanted something before buying. Now I can buy things on impulse without remorse, and that's awesome!

So to commemorate my 1000% multiplier and 10,000 donut club status, I bought Quimby's Broken Promises Billboard to count the number of minutes since "I made it"
Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.

Replies

• anaquarind wrote: »
    OK, it's only half as prestigious as that other percentage club, but I'm very pleased. I'd been siphoning off donuts from KEM farming so that I'd reach another milestone at the same time - 10,000 freemium donuts. I know that to many 1000% and 10,000 donuts seems small and to many it will seem high, but it's more symbolic for me (not a brag thread). It's sort of symbolizes I'm at a point in the game where I can pretty much buy anything I want, anytime I want. It wasn't so long ago that I'd agonize over my purchases and make absolutely sure I wanted something before buying. Now I can buy things on impulse without remorse, and that's awesome!

So to commemorate my 1000% multiplier and 10,000 donut club status, I bought Quimby's Broken Promises Billboard to count the number of minutes since "I made it"

How wonderful! 10k donuts is terrific and I totally understand what you mean about it being symbolic for you. My bonus percentage was a personal goal I set for myself awhile ago and it feels rewarding to accomplish these milestones. So, congrats!
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • Congrats tapper. Takes a lot of work to get this milestone!
  • Congrats Neighbour. I am well over half on the multiplier, but the donuts go as soon as they come.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Oh and when I was a newbie, these threads motivated me. These milestones seem so far out of reach but was great to see that others can actually reach them. Just takes a long time of dedicated playing. The day I finally became a millionaire was fantastic.
  • Congratulations on the 1000%club, I personally know how much effort it takes to get to this point as I'm just under 1,200% myself and it has taken a lot of effort and quite a bit of cash to get there.
    Welcome to the forum, there's some fantastic information available on here.
  • I recently made it to 1000%, and I have about 8500 donuts. When I reach 9000 I'm going to save up to buy me a whale.
  • First of all congratulations.
    What would you recommend in order to get there ? For example focus on getting characters first and so increasing income or only get stuff that increases the multiplyer?
  • anaquarind wrote: »

Congrats, the first thousand is the hardest I think. 23 days and i'm into the 2000 club :-)
  • Congratulations!! :)

• As a newbie of six months, can I ask one thing, what's the cheapest and best way to get the multiplier up to begin with, I have three beach hideaways and saving for a fourth but i'm yet to break the 100% barrier, is it worth investing in say, some picket fences, or are some decorations good to begin with... TIA for any help
    Oh Lord!.... My town is a mess... *sigh*
  • I think you're probably best off continuing with the beach hideaways until you have them all. Then switch to mystery boxes. Also look out for limited time event items with a good bonus, like the flags.
  • girl22721 wrote: »
    I think you're probably best off continuing with the beach hideaways until you have them all. Then switch to mystery boxes. Also look out for limited time event items with a good bonus, like the flags.
    I'm a little wary of mystery boxes as I've gotten all the unique items, two lard lads, three I&S billboards and three Channel 6 vans....all I seem to get now is bomb shelters and _onda's..... :/

• There's no need to fear them; the mystery box prizes are a fixed sequence. In terms of permanent and unlimited opportunities, they provide the best value bonus % for the donuts spent.
  • Awesome job!
    First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP
  • girl22721 wrote: »
    There's no need to fear them; the mystery box prizes are a fixed sequence. In terms of permanent and unlimited opportunities, they provide the best value bonus % for the donuts spent.
    I'll give it some thought, thank you, I've just bought the fourth hideaway and have got 25 donuts left for now (dang that date night box with the unwinnable Brandine :( )
  • Congratulations!
    BulldogMom23 in Crawl to the Finish
  • Thanks for the well-wishes all!

@elfurioso766 and @DaveF-2016

If your goal is multiplier and donuts (and don't really care about multiple items cluttering your town), go with Beach Hideaways, the flag sets and Mystery Boxes (this does average out in the end, stick with them).

Also you should be KEM farming - no matter what your percentage or level is (even new players can afford to plant a few KEMs). The multiplier speeds things up if you can afford it (if you're pulling in about 225,000 xp per day it pays for itself) but it's the best way to steadily build XP, be it for donut farming or getting you leveled up.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • @anaquarind Thanks for the advice, got my fourth beach hideaway and not enough left for the flags, I did try to KEM farm on a day off from work, it seemed to go pretty well, spent 5 doughnuts on the XP collider and got that back with bloodmobiles then tried about 16 KEM's per four hours and got about six or seven, lost about 1m IGC but that was ok, gonna build IGC up a bit and learn from the last attempt by building KEM's before activating the collider, buying more KEM's even if I do gulp at the cost and I had my quests stalled at Level 41 Vulgari, so building that and the I&S studios got me some big XP boost as well..

Anyway, all that and the bonuts from pins, where's Maggie and the monorail got me another beach hideaway... so slowly getting going, need another time when i'm off work and nothing to do so I can concentrate on it a bit..
  • @DaveF-2016 if you're willing to put a day in there is a method to donut farm so to speak using the Maggie game. I'm sure a search on the forum will turn it up. I've been using it recently and netting a ten donuts or so an hour. But it's very time intensive.
  • @DaveF-2016 if you're willing to put a day in there is a method to donut farm so to speak using the Maggie game. I'm sure a search on the forum will turn it up. I've been using it recently and netting a ten donuts or so an hour. But it's very time intensive.

I'm halfway through visiting my neighbours and this distracted me...haha....I have done a quick search but found nothing yet...will try soon after I've done my rounds