EA Forums - Banner

1000% club

Replies

• Google Maggie game and Reddit. Should come up there easier.
  • Google Maggie game and Reddit. Should come up there easier.

Ahh...thank you....must give that a go sometime..

Oh Lord!.... My town is a mess... *sigh*
  • Spending on mystery boxes feels so demeaning, though, like when a model is taken advantage of by dirty photographers. It's tough to commit donuts to create an impound lot of vans & itchy billboards. Makes me feel like I'm selling out. Losing my soul, like in Los Angeles. And getting Onda'd in the process--that's the worst part! That's what's kept me out of the mystery box race for 1000: the notion that meaningful % boost decorations are better for the psyche. The quality of the journey, not just the destination. Yes, I'm the lovechild of High Road Jim and Debbie Downer, checking in to say hi and congrats on that 1000% while also looking down my nose a bit at 1000% people and tisk tisking.
  • Much like a house farm, mystery box is a means to an end. Ultimately I plan to replace mine when other suitable multiplier items when available.
    It's nice to finally be able to buy whatever premium event items I like.
  • johncolombo
    10934 posts Senior Moderator
    I'm in this club. Cheers, thanks alot.
    cbae683fb6d969506fc5b48882dec556.gif

Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Just reached 700%... I'm on my way, hope to join the club soon! B)

I find the mystery box to be somewhat addictive; ever since it became top priority in my strategy for increasing my bonus multiplier, it now takes a lot more self control to save up for anything else instead of hitting the box asap for more billboards and news vans!
  • girl22721 wrote: »
    Just reached 700%... I'm on my way, hope to join the club soon! B)

I find the mystery box to be somewhat addictive; ever since it became top priority in my strategy for increasing my bonus multiplier, it now takes a lot more self control to save up for anything else instead of hitting the box asap for more billboards and news vans!

LOL. I completely understand!!
  • girl22721 wrote: »
    Just reached 700%... I'm on my way, hope to join the club soon! B)

Congrats!! :)
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • Spending on mystery boxes feels so demeaning, though, like when a model is taken advantage of by dirty photographers. It's tough to commit donuts to create an impound lot of vans & itchy billboards. Makes me feel like I'm selling out. Losing my soul, like in Los Angeles. And getting Onda'd in the process--that's the worst part! That's what's kept me out of the mystery box race for 1000: the notion that meaningful % boost decorations are better for the psyche. The quality of the journey, not just the destination. Yes, I'm the lovechild of High Road Jim and Debbie Downer, checking in to say hi and congrats on that 1000% while also looking down my nose a bit at 1000% people and tisk tisking.

@ArmpitAttack I totally get this and respect it. There's always two general ways to go, one is to try to speed to the end-game stage, and the other is play the game as was intended. I'm in the middle somewhere (after all, I have enough donuts that I could stroll into the 2000% club in as much time as it takes to liquidate my donuts into mystery boxes). I have about 30 each of the I&S signs, and about the same in Channel 6 Vans. It's as much as I care to make for the time being, and comprises about 100% of my multiplier. And that being said, many of these boxes were bought to try to characterize the pattern of MB payouts. Everyone plays the game differently and when you reach your milestone, it will be all the more meaningful!
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • [joke] So how many jet engine bikes do you have @anaquarind? :) [/joke]
  • @girl22721 Hee hee, just 3 :)
  • anaquarind wrote: »
    There's always two general ways to go, one is to try to speed to the end-game stage, and the other is play the game as was intended.

No disrespect intended (honestly), but I have a wee problem with the statement "as was intended". I certainly feel there are several different styles of play, but all of them are valid imo. EA designed the game for variations and I feel each player can pick and choose how they implement the options that are in the game.
  • Jonalinn wrote: »
    anaquarind wrote: »
    There's always two general ways to go, one is to try to speed to the end-game stage, and the other is play the game as was intended.

No disrespect intended (honestly), but I have a wee problem with the statement "as was intended". I certainly feel there are several different styles of play, but all of them are valid imo. EA designed the game for variations and I feel each player can pick and choose how they implement the options that are in the game.

True enough. Perhaps I worded that poorly. The idea was that some players will prefer to play without (or not be aware of) the the various methods used to generate donuts, and fast-track XP gain. I don't think that EA necessarily designed these aspects (eg KEM farming) into the game, but its true these variations exist and for the time being are not discouraged.
    Jonalinn wrote: »

True enough. Perhaps I worded that poorly. The idea was that some players will prefer to play without (or not be aware of) the the various methods used to generate donuts, and fast-track XP gain. I don't think that EA necessarily designed these aspects (eg KEM farming) into the game, but its true these variations exist and for the time being are not discouraged.

But it's a game... and I feel EA is fully cognizant of what the game is capable of including KEM farming. EA set up the pieces for us and it's up to each player to pick and choose what they want to do/use. I know several players that will skip entire events and pick right back up at a later date. That's their style and, as I said before, perfectly valid.

But it's a game... and I feel EA is fully cognizant of what the game is capable of including KEM farming. EA set up the pieces for us and it's up to each player to pick and choose what they want to do/use. I know several players that will skip entire events and pick right back up at a later date. That's their style and, as I said before, perfectly valid.

True, I'm just arguing that KEM wasn't intended to be what it was (ie. that it wasn't specifically put there with a high XP value so that people could farm it). The KEM was around from Day 1, and I don't think they had a plan for ending the levels and intentionally building a mechanism for level 939 players to make donuts, and predict that players would accidentally discover this (if not for this forum, I don't think many of us would have come across this by chance).

True, I'm just arguing that KEM wasn't intended to be what it was (ie. that it wasn't specifically put there with a high XP value so that people could farm it). The KEM was around from Day 1, and I don't think they had a plan for ending the levels and intentionally building a mechanism for level 939 players to make donuts, and predict that players would accidentally discover this (if not for this forum, I don't think many of us would have come across this by chance).

We could go back and forth on this so I'll just agree to disagree :) I will say this though... farming has been well-known throughout the TSTO gaming community for over 4 years (perhaps longer) including articles and video-how-tos. I did not learn about farming here on this forum.

We could go back and forth on this so I'll just agree to disagree :)

Fair enough :)

• Don't you just love it when people agree to disagree after a nice discussion and some formalities , not stooping to the level of trolling and bitterness you see in other places of the internet, plaudits and kudos to you both
    Oh Lord!.... My town is a mess... *sigh*
  • Here Here!! A prime example of how two nice people have a discussion.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • DaveF-2016 wrote: »
    Don't you just love it when people agree to disagree after a nice discussion and some formalities , not stooping to the level of trolling and bitterness you see in other places of the internet, plaudits and kudos to you both

No, I don't love it you jerk! Why are you trolling me?!?! You smell like feet and ... um... and your mother dresses you funny!!!!

(sorry, just felt like some trolling and bitterness :P )