EA Forums - Banner

How bad is your need to complete a character set?

Prev1
Just noticed by the end of this event i will just be the orphan short of completeing the event character set.... I rarely even think about it, but do some of you get itchy about being one character short of finishing a character set?

Im really thinking about farming this weekend to get him just so i can finish the group. ...

Replies

• sometimes, very itchy!!
    First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP
  • Actually, no :) There are several characters in the store that I'm not interested in so I haven't purchased them (mostly Squidport characters I believe).
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • If i complete a set, glad to get the extra points but don't actively try to complete any set
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I am only missing 3 characters which I will pick up as soon as they come back into the store. I didn't care for a long time, but as I got more characters the need to complete grew greater. I don't care about the ones that have skins or NPCs but I do want to complete the character groups.
  • Jonalinn wrote: »
    Actually, no :) There are several characters in the store that I'm not interested in so I haven't purchased them (mostly Squidport characters I believe).

Same, I get the ones I like and have postponed many over the years. As I've started to generate more donuts for free, I'll pick up some of the fillers when they go on sale, but no 'need' for them.
  • I used to be a completest when it came to characters. Due to insanely high prices and just being overwhelmed with them, however, I had to pass on 5 LE characters (Dia-Betty, C.H.U.M., Three-Eyed Fish Monster, The Wiccans and Hunter). Standard characters like Stacey Lovell, Greta Wolfcastle, and Johnny Tightlips I'll wait for rebates on.

The NPC characters are hit and miss. If its just one, I'll bite. The end of event ones (THOH Nightmares, Terwilliger clones) are just too much and The Funzos, Krustyland mascots, and Squidport characters will probably never happen until the end of the game's lifespan.
  • I have all characters in one of my Springfields....one I stopped maintaining this event had all but 2 I think (if anybody wants can have btw)
  • I have no idea what the sets even are and know of no way to view them without purchasing a character, so no. Zero effect.
  • Not in the least. All of my NPC's are tucked into inventory until they can learn to stay where I put them. Some of the characters are priced out of my pay grade. And there is nothing worse than getting a premium character and having it be more obnoxious than the NPC's.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I have no idea what the sets even are and know of no way to view them without purchasing a character, so no. Zero effect.

You can view them at any time that the game is working. I don't remember exactly how you get to them, but they are there.
  • Luckily, no, this doesn't bother me. If it's one I really don't want, I don't want it wandering around my town, that would really bother me.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • I have no idea what the sets even are and know of no way to view them without purchasing a character, so no. Zero effect.

This. I found the lists once by mistake, but don't care at all, so I've never tried to find them again.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    bluntcard wrote: »
    Luckily, no, this doesn't bother me. If it's one I really don't want, I don't want it wandering around my town, that would really bother me.

Just wondering what characters don't you want? There are ones that I like better than others but they are all welcome in my town.
  • meinaz wrote: »
    bluntcard wrote: »
    Luckily, no, this doesn't bother me. If it's one I really don't want, I don't want it wandering around my town, that would really bother me.

Just wondering what characters don't you want? There are ones that I like better than others but they are all welcome in my town.

When the servers are back up, I'll have a look. I can't recall off hand. There's a bird, a hawk I think, that just isn't very Simpsons, seems out of place. And some others. I'll check. The drone, I don't want that.
  • evant13579 wrote: »
    I have all characters in one of my Springfields....one I stopped maintaining this event had all but 2 I think (if anybody wants can have btw)

I'd be very sorely tempted to take this offer, I started so late in this game and would love to see a lot of what I've missed and have things like Homer's chiliad and deep space rocket, but think it would kind of take away the shine of actually doing the game myself..

I am thinking of just completing all the basic quests, doing a few things like buying every piece of land and completing whatever sets I can and then calling it a day because I don't think i'll ever get most of what I've missed..
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • Not. But it's fun to see when it happens.
  • 1z73m0i.jpg
    Don't get me and @bluntcard started! :D
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • 1z73m0i.jpg

Gah, really. We were robbed!

Go to the area where you can move items, In the lower left corner are some icons, One is a Homer statue. Tap it and you can view all the character sets.
    What part of "unsolicited friend requests are all denied" do you NOT get?
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    1z73m0i.jpg

Gah, really. We were robbed!
    Seriously! Where is that thread? We should bump it and have some fun while the game is down :D
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!