EA Forums - Banner

Servers down?

Replies

• Oh well its given me a chance to do the update on cod
  • Either getting bart or synchronising.

BSG Squadrons is down also.

What did we used to do before this stuff? There's a big box in the corner of my room there's voice coming from it and all the furniture points at it. Anybody know what that is?

I remember those, we had one just in the living room. I think it was called a radio. If you listen carefully enough there might even be a band playing music in the background.
  • I think this is all my fault. Today for the first time I turned on the collider to try donut farming. Now it's broken and I can't farm...
  • Haven't been able to get in all morning. I'm in SoCal. It is now almost noon! That's a lot of time to miss during an event for prizes.... oh well, just gotta find other things to do lol
  • Another update - this from Amazon Web Services AWS:
    Increased Error Rates

Update at 11:35 AM PST: We have now repaired the ability to update the service health dashboard. The service updates are below. We continue to experience high error rates with S3 in US-EAST-1, which is impacting various AWS services. We are working hard at repairing S3, believe we understand root cause, and are working on implementing what we believe will remediate the issue.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Down in Las Vegas NV
  • I'm having withdrawals.....
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • I really hope EA will compensate my lost evening, I've nothing to do without tapped out. I've to tease my wife, my dogs. Gained a lot of weight by emptying the fridge. I becoming a alcoholic. And so on,and so on..
  • Yes, it has been down awhile now. Need to play.....
  • Thanks @Willy9292 that sounds hopeful. Honestly, these outages seem to get bigger and scarier. :#
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • Yep, been down on the west coast! Need to get tasks finished! Doh!
  • Willy9292 wrote: »
    Further to my previous post about Amazon S3:
    Amazon Web Services is scrambling to recover from a cockup at its facility in Virginia, US, that is causing its S3 cloud storage to fail.

The internet giant has yet to reveal the cause of the breakdown, which is plaguing storage buckets hosted in the US-East-1 region. The malady kicked off around 0944 Pacific Time (1744 UTC) today.

It has led to major websites and services – including Imgur, Medium and the Docker Registry Hub – falling offline, missing images, or left running like treacle. We're also hearing loads of media titles that use S3 to serve images, plus Runkeeper, Trello, and Yahoo webmail, are all suffering: basically, this outage has knackered half the internet, it seems.

Just to stress: this is one S3 region that has become inaccessible, yet web apps are tripping up and vanishing as their backend evaporates away.

AWS, for some reason, insists this isn't an "outage" but rather a case of "increased error rates" for its most popular cloud service. Infuriatingly, the status dashboard for AWS shows all green ticks at time of writing, despite what feels like a chunk of the internet going missing as a result of the downtime.

"We've identified the issue as high error rates with S3 in US-EAST-1, which is also impacting applications and services dependent on S3. We are actively working on remediating the issue," the Amazon Web Services team said a few moments ago.

SMH...Virginia...it's always Virginia...
  • I really hope EA will compensate my lost evening, I've nothing to do without tapped out. I've to tease my wife, my dogs. Gained a lot of weight by emptying the fridge. I becoming a alcoholic. And so on,and so on..
    Welcome to the forums, looks like you'll fit right in....or maybe not if the fridge is huge....
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • I think a thousand donuts will be sufficient compensation for the inconvenience :)
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • Can't get in for last hour.
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    I think a thousand donuts will be sufficient compensation for the inconvenience :)

We most likely won't even get 1 donut after this.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • Still falling behind in S Georgia..
  • Will we get free donuts
  • Thank you for the updates @Willy9292
    BulldogMom23 in Crawl to the Finish
  • I live in the United Kingdom and have been stuck at the Bart screen for the past half hr or so.