EA Forums - Banner

If you can't tap Valentines

Or you can just pass on that town and go back to it later...after the person collected their Valentines and the cards appear...wait...is that being a "bad" neighbor?

Replies

• sea_dragon20
    38 posts
    edited February 2013
    Well clearly some people are just tapping whatever to finish, because I'm getting handshakes on brown houses. Just sayin', if you're just trying to finish up you might as well click something that pays better. I always try to do that in my friend's Springfields, if I can find something good to click.
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited February 2013
    Or you can just pass on that town and go back to it later...after the person collected their Valentines and the cards appear...wait...is that being a "bad" neighbor?
    If you opt to not tap anything, then the 24 hour countdown until you can visit again won't start over. So when you do return, you will have to wait 24 hours from that time to return again.

If you tap ONE item, then you can return anytime within 24 hours and tap two more, then visit again 24 hours after your FIRST tap. This is far better than not tapping anything.
    If you are visiting friends and can't tap Valentines, but still want to complete them for the day, please help them out by tapping higher income properties. I've had a ton of people tapping my brown houses, which don't pay much. But for example if you tap my Mapple store, I get $240 from the handshake! (20% bonus)
    I look low and high for cards first, but if there are none to be found the I just tap a brown house (once) and come back later to look for valentines. You're also robbing your neighbor a chance to get hearts by not collecting your valentines often enough, so they may not be eager to spend more time looking for the "best" non-valentine taps available in your town.

Also, unless something changed in this update, a handshake just restarts the countdown to the next payout early, but doesn't affect the amount you collect from the building.
  • sea_dragon20
    38 posts
    edited February 2013
    I do try to keep up with hearts, but I do also have to do things like work, sleep, etc. plus if my battery runs out (pretty common playing this game!) or I don't have good wifi or cell coverage I might get behind.

As far as the handshake payout, I noticed during the friend bonus frenzy that some buildings paid out more than others when I tapped the handshake. At first I thought it was a parallel of the accumulated bonuses from whomever tapped that building, but after paying more attention I realized it was equal to the regular payout with my bonus applied. Earlier today I had a brown house pay $8, and then just now I had a purple house pay out $94 when i tapped the handshake. (And it was definitely just a handshake and not resetting the countdown, right now it's got 2 hours 5 minutes to go until it pays normally.)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.