EA Forums - Banner

Runway Light XP return

Prev1
Now that the event is almost over, I bought a lot of Runway lights for future use.

they give me so much XP! I got two bonuts rounds in a row.

I think Runway Lights XP return is better than Rattrap trucks.

Did anyone notice that too ?

Replies

• I just checked with mine and i'm no good at maths so here's the basics for someone else to help me with

My multiplier is 115.65% and I have all my SH buildings out...

I bought one and it gave me 922 XP

so is that about 250 basic XP?... think that's about right given a lot of stuff I buy nowadays has an XP of 10% of the cost... $2500 per light, 250XP....

Mr.Burns putting $50,000 in the money mountain got me 5,000XP and i think a rat trap truck is 150,000 and gives 15,000

Hope this helps
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    Most items pay 1 xp per 10 cash spent. The expensive stuff like Rat Trap Trucks and Bloodmobiles pays a lot less around 65-75% I think. I wouldn't recommend farming these lights just because you can't sell em back like the permanent stuff in the store. If you have patience KEM farming is still the best way to go. Especially if you keep it small because the first 24 are less than 14,000 but still pay 2000 XP.
  • anaquarind
    1493 posts Member
    Not better than a regular item for me. Do a head-to-head comparison with another $2500 item (eg. Plato's Republic column).

The XP generated from both the Column and Runway Light are exactly the same for me.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • KillaSqirl wrote: »
    Most items pay 1 xp per 10 cash spent. The expensive stuff like Rat Trap Trucks and Bloodmobiles pays a lot less around 65-75% I think. I wouldn't recommend farming these lights just because you can't sell em back like the permanent stuff in the store. If you have patience KEM farming is still the best way to go. Especially if you keep it small because the first 24 are less than 14,000 but still pay 2000 XP.

I tried farming for the first time the other week and I think 16 was an optimum amount for me given my multipliers and the collider was active, I cost myself 1m IGC in the end because I bought rat trap trucks and bloodmobiles initially to get the 5 doughnut outlay back..

Is it still worth throwing up a few KEM every day without a collider to quietly build up the levels as I have about 3m IGC at the moment and a steady income from circa 70 characters (event tasks/SH grinding & Railyard permitting)
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    @DaveF-2016 Yeah I've heard others do this when they don't make enough xp to recoup the cost of running the collider, it's still the cheapest way to earn xp
  • anaquarind
    1493 posts Member
    DaveF-2016 wrote: »
    Is it still worth throwing up a few KEM every day without a collider to quietly build up the levels as I have about 3m IGC at the moment and a steady income from circa 70 characters (event tasks/SH grinding & Railyard permitting)

Absolutely. In my opinion, anyone who has the time should always farm KEMs with or without collider on. Even a new player should be able to put down a few hundred to buy a couple of these. If you have no collider on, just put down enough KEMs so that the impact on your in-game cash flow is minimal. The XP you gain will NOT be minimal.

• @KillaSqirl @anaquarind .. Thank you both, I'm going to find a spot of land out the way somewhere and start doing that, even if it's just being able to buy some once a day and resetting it after work at night its better than nothing, seems such a big task for me to aspire to get to the levels of some people have on here, but if I don't help myself by taking advice like this, then i'll never do it...
  • anaquarind
    1493 posts Member
    KillaSqirl wrote: »
    Most items pay 1 xp per 10 cash spent. The expensive stuff like Rat Trap Trucks and Bloodmobiles pays a lot less around 65-75% I think.

I don't think so. My understanding is that the Rat Trap Truck and Bloodmobile pays out the same as most items. It's neither lower or higher (proportionally) XP value, but a convenient way to spend quickly. Some smaller items (eg cobblestone wall) pay out more proportionally, but are almost completely unfeasible to burn down millions in cash.

There was a great post here outlining the XP ratios of various items... wish I could find it.

• anaquarind
    1493 posts Member
    I found the post! Read this post in detail, it is the bible of NON-KEM XP farming. Amen.

https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/comment/1395476
  • AirurandoP
    852 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Excluding KEMs the cobblestone wall is the highest yielding item you can purchase for IGC . $5.5 per XP or 4.13 if you factor in the resale.

Edit: as it says in the link in Anaquarinds post above.

mhyhiitfz0jm.jpg

• I looked into this, but with my shifts at work and other things I do, it's a little labour intensive doing the cobblestone wall thing.... might be a factor if I run a collider again, think i'll baby step with the KEM for now, until I start earning a little more IGC per day, thanks
  • I have been watching a new unsolicited friend. At level 10 he already had several premium mystery box items. At level 15 he is KEM farming 6 at a time. Seems like a good strategy to me.
    When in Doubt, Release The Hounds.
  • I did do the mystery boxes quite early and got a few billboards and vans, two lard lads and all the unique items, but it doesn't seem worth it now, especially as they only seem to give out _onda's and bomb shelters and I don't want to have a town full of vans and billboards either, besides, last one I opened got me 30 doughnuts ...so i'm quitting while i'm ahead...:joy:
  • Thanks everybody for the answers !!
  • aabcampos wrote: »
    Thanks everybody for the answers !!

Hope it helped .... and sorry for hijacking your thread :flushed: .. if it's any consolation it's helped me to make the game a bit more enjoyable for me as I feel as though I've got a chance at getting more than I expected I would from being a 100% freemium player :)
  • anaquarind
    1493 posts Member
    I did do the mystery boxes quite early and got a few billboards and vans, two lard lads and all the unique items, but it doesn't seem worth it now, especially as they only seem to give out _onda's and bomb shelters and I don't want to have a town full of vans and billboards either, besides, last one I opened got me 30 doughnuts ...so i'm quitting while i'm ahead...:joy:

It has been well documented that the mystery boxes aren't random, there are set patterns. But if you don't want a town full of vans and billboards that's reason enough to stop. Besides, the next box you open will be Klavash stand and after that you will get a _onda OR Bomb Shelter (But after that is a Billboard!)
  • Dougie_Powers_17
    2323 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    anaquarind wrote: »
    I did do the mystery boxes quite early and got a few billboards and vans, two lard lads and all the unique items, but it doesn't seem worth it now, especially as they only seem to give out _onda's and bomb shelters and I don't want to have a town full of vans and billboards either, besides, last one I opened got me 30 doughnuts ...so i'm quitting while i'm ahead...:joy:

It has been well documented that the mystery boxes aren't random, there are set patterns. But if you don't want a town full of vans and billboards that's reason enough to stop. Besides, the next box you open will be Klavash stand and after that you will get a _onda OR Bomb Shelter (But after that is a Billboard!)

18 doughnuts for 1%.... thanks for the info, i'm never buying another one again now!! :lol::lol:

EDIT:Actually, that is pretty favourable to be honest... but I'd prefer not to, hopefully there's still things that have a low price for a bigger bonus, such as the Christmas totem I pounced on in December
  • anaquarind
    1493 posts Member

18 doughnuts for 1%.... thanks for the info, i'm never buying another one again now!! :lol::lol:

EDIT:Actually, that is pretty favourable to be honest... but I'd prefer not to, hopefully there's still things that have a low price for a bigger bonus, such as the Christmas totem I pounced on in December

Well, eventually you will get those junk items from mystery box daily quests, so eventually that junk will land on your table.
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    I found the post! Read this post in detail, it is the bible of NON-KEM XP farming. Amen.

https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/comment/1395476

Ok cool. so the high ticket items are about 90% the yield of most of the smaller items (cobblestone walls excluded of course). Thought it was much lower, thanks for the correction.
  • DaveF-2016 wrote: »

I've been told that it is approximately 8 donuts = 1%
    When in Doubt, Release The Hounds.