EA Forums - Banner

I gave up

Replies

• You can always dress up your farm a little bit... I turned mine into a lot in Springfield Heights so it'd blend in a bit.
  • Dougie_Powers_17
    2311 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    That's awesome. I just started bloodmobile farming(five minutes ago) with a 24 hour XP multiplier for five donuts, and I went up 60 levels. Just got Bart's head in the Himalayas. Mind you I also spent 15 million, but totally worth it.
    In game cash will build up over time, so an easy way of turning it into premium stuff, why the heII shouldn't we...
    168sean168 wrote: »
    Long ago, there were self righteous players who unfriended me due to my house farms and made snobbish remarks at forums advising people to do likewise. I think most people keep at least some house farms these days to supplement the income

Personally, I say screw them...so what... (and this goes for the above as well) It's my game and that's how I want to play it, if you don't like it, unfriend me, I don't tell you how to play your game... sure I want to design my town and make it look pretty, but its me who looks at it all day, not someone who spends 15 seconds looking around my landing point for the first three things to tap and if I want to farm doughnuts in order to make my town look good in future, then so be it... there's always people on the add me thread ...

As it was I ended up on level 158 in the end so my predictions were right, total 30D minus the 5 spent on the collider.... was worth it for me considering where I am in the game at present

You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • Nothing wrong with farming donuts, but just a warning:. The geniuses at EA tech support will accuse you of cheating or using 3rd party mods if you contact EA for technical support, and they see your town with too many premium items, too many donuts, with little or no donut purchases. You can't argue with them, they will just refuse to help you. What they don't realize is that if I was using 3rd party mods, why would I need their help? It seems like they are not paid to think logically, nor are they active players of the game, or else they would know that it is possible to farm over 1000 donuts a day without cheating.

Agreed Floppy. In the past they will make me answer a lot of questions, going in a circle to nowhere and then closed my case. Now I furnished them with exact details of all information expected. They didnt bother to reply me and close my case. I am also full of premium items and has a high bonus percentage.
  • DaveF-2016 wrote: »
    Personally, I say screw them...so what... (and this goes for the above as well) It's my game and that's how I want to play it, if you don't like it, unfriend me, I don't tell you how to play your game... sure I want to design my town and make it look pretty, but its me who looks at it all day, not someone who spends 15 seconds looking around my landing point for the first three things to tap and if I want to farm doughnuts in order to make my town look good in future, then so be it... there's always people on the add me thread ...

Yeah, I don't feel bad either. Every event I spend at least 50-100 dollars. Ive probably spent $1500-2000 on the game in all(not something I like to think about) and I've been a player since day one.

They haven't done much to show their appreciation for the long-time players, so I'm perfectly content with farming.

Yeah, I don't feel bad either. Every event I spend at least 50-100 dollars. Ive probably spent $1500-2000 on the game in all(not something I like to think about) and I've been a player since day one.

They haven't done much to show their appreciation for the long-time players, so I'm perfectly content with farming.

I was too late in this game to consider spending so much, there's too many things i've missed out on which will only every return for doughnuts, if at all...
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    @DaveF-2016 You may want to consider running the collider at all times and having a small KEM farm. I am doing this in my crawl town which was at level 125 two days ago and is now at level 146. I have 21 KEMs that I am farming. Enough to get levels but not diminish my money too much. 10 days cost 21 donuts and will be paid for around day 3 for me which gives me 7 extra days to get donuts. My multiplier is currently at 120% so it isn't too high but it is high enough that it is worthwhile for me.
  • meinaz wrote: »
    @DaveF-2016 You may want to consider running the collider at all times and having a small KEM farm. I am doing this in my crawl town which was at level 125 two days ago and is now at level 146. I have 21 KEMs that I am farming. Enough to get levels but not diminish my money too much. 10 days cost 21 donuts and will be paid for around day 3 for me which gives me 7 extra days to get donuts. My multiplier is currently at 120% so it isn't too high but it is high enough that it is worthwhile for me.

I'm looking at options, someone, possibly yourself, did mention this in another thread, I started KEM farming without the collider with about 16 of them, which builds up my XP nicely.... guess I don't want to feel like i'm wasting anything though because there are days where I can hardly have time to visit due to the nature of my work and the long shifts, by the time I get home, it's almost bed time and in again the next day for another 11-12 hours...so whilst I have thought about it, maybe not at this time, I need to recoup some of the 2.5m IGC I spent in the last day or so :lol:
  • 74hands
    445 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Finally caved in this morning, XP Collider turned on and Bloodmobiled myself to oblivion, as I was sitting on 228m in funds. In a couple of hours, I went from Level 200 to Level 939, and from 165 donuts to 1200 donuts, while retaining 85m in my account after selling the Bloodmobiles back. Yeah, that was worth it. Quite nice here on the Dark Side. I'm guessing I should keep my XP Collider turned on permanently now?
    Post edited by 74hands on
    My choice for all my Tapped Out news and troll-free friendly chat is the EA officially approved Tapped Out UK :)
  • 74hands wrote: »
    Finally caved in this morning, XP Collider turned on and Bloodmobiled myself to oblivion, as I was sitting on 228m in funds. In a couple of hours, I went from Level 200 to Level 939, and from 165 donuts to 1200 donuts, while retaining 85m in my account after selling the Bloodmobiles back. Yeah, that was worth it. Quite nice here on the Dark Side. I'm guessing I should keep my XP Collider turned on permanently now?

Welcome... don't worry though, we are only semi-evil, quasi-evil...the margarine of evil...muwahaha

• I'm interested in KEM farming, but how do you guys build up so much IGC to begin with? I'm struggling to keep mine over 1M! Currently my % is 41.25%. What can I be doing to build that up to get more cash to then fund my KEMs? Thanks
  • Can I ask which level you are on?

I remember when i first started and saw something on sale for 1m and was like...i'll never build up enough money for that.... It's hard at first but you have to patiently build up your character base and constantly sent them on tasks to build up my money, then I waited a while before I started mine, got to about 4m ...

If you have unlocked Springfield Heights and got far enough to build beach hideaways, they're good multiplier builders, you get 20% for every fully upgraded one (all the bits have to be out though) ... that can help

But generally you can start now if you like, keep building 10 KEMs and resetting it, that doesn't cost too much and can build up your levels..

I'm just a novice at this so I got my advice off various forum threads, could be worth searching KEM farming in the search box, see what other posts have been made...
    Can I ask which level you are on?

I remember when i first started and saw something on sale for 1m and was like...i'll never build up enough money for that.... It's hard at first but you have to patiently build up your character base and constantly sent them on tasks to build up my money, then I waited a while before I started mine, got to about 4m ...

If you have unlocked Springfield Heights and got far enough to build beach hideaways, they're good multiplier builders, you get 20% for every fully upgraded one (all the bits have to be out though) ... that can help

But generally you can start now if you like, keep building 10 KEMs and resetting it, that doesn't cost too much and can build up your levels..

I'm just a novice at this so I got my advice off various forum threads, could be worth searching KEM farming in the search box, see what other posts have been made...

I'm level 104. I'll give the beach hideaways a try. I'm just struggling for items which will help my % as I don't want to spend all my donuts (yet) lol. I save them for events.

• issy971 wrote: »
    DaveF-2016 wrote: »

I'm level 104. I'll give the beach hideaways a try. I'm just struggling for items which will help my % as I don't want to spend all my donuts (yet) lol. I save them for events.

I replied but it has gone for approval for some reason...

So i'll try and remember what I said..

Yeah, I understand that frustration, especially as its 40D to buy one and a bit of a grind in SH to get the bits to upgrade it, but a fully upgraded one is worth 20%, all the bits have to be out as they each give 1.5% bonus and my ocean is a bit of a mess, but it's worth it for the multiplier..

My multiplier is only 115.65% and I have four fully upgraded beach hideaways so if you take those away I only have 35.65% multiplier off decorations etc..

End of the day it's your call..
  • Forgot to add, I don't know if you know this but other SH buildings do have a hidden XP bonus, so the more of those you have out in your town, the more XP you get
  • issy971 wrote: »
    I'm interested in KEM farming, but how do you guys build up so much IGC to begin with? I'm struggling to keep mine over 1M! Currently my % is 41.25%. What can I be doing to build that up to get more cash to then fund my KEMs? Thanks
    @issy971 You may like to read the 3rd post in this thread:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/90074/cttf-new-build-prices-and-tips#latest
    I have recently started KEM farming on my third town, you do not need to have a large amount of IGC to do it, provided you have a decent amount of income per day to pay for the KEM's. I have bought the 10 day collider and I build 24 KEM's, 4 times a day, which gives me 8 level-ups per day. I am on my 9th day with the collider, I have gone from level 104 to 178 so far.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Muhsterino wrote: »
    issy971 wrote: »
    I'm interested in KEM farming, but how do you guys build up so much IGC to begin with? I'm struggling to keep mine over 1M! Currently my % is 41.25%. What can I be doing to build that up to get more cash to then fund my KEMs? Thanks
    @issy971 You may like to read the 3rd post in this thread:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/90074/cttf-new-build-prices-and-tips#latest
    I have recently started KEM farming on my third town, you do not need to have a large amount of IGC to do it, provided you have a decent amount of income per day to pay for the KEM's. I have bought the 10 day collider and I build 24 KEM's, 4 times a day, which gives me 8 level-ups per day. I am on my 9th day with the collider, I have gone from level 104 to 178 so far.

This is the thread i was trying to mention ... It's got some good advice...
  • @DaveF-2016 Thanks. BTW, you can bookmark a page by tapping the 'star' at the top of the thread. Tap the star top right after your log-in name to see all your bookmarks.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
    issy971 wrote: »
    DaveF-2016 wrote: »

I replied but it has gone for approval for some reason...

So i'll try and remember what I said..

Yeah, I understand that frustration, especially as its 40D to buy one and a bit of a grind in SH to get the bits to upgrade it, but a fully upgraded one is worth 20%, all the bits have to be out as they each give 1.5% bonus and my ocean is a bit of a mess, but it's worth it for the multiplier..

My multiplier is only 115.65% and I have four fully upgraded beach hideaways so if you take those away I only have 35.65% multiplier off decorations etc..

End of the day it's your call..

Thanks! The thread was helpful!

I caved and bought a beach hideaway, turned out I had enough supplies in SH to upgrade straight away to level 4, and only a small grind away from level 5. My ocean does look a mess now though lol. But I've gone from 41.25% to 56.75%! I might buy another I don't know yet, but I'm going to spend tonight grinding away in SH to unlock all of the buildings. Do we know how much % each building in heights is so I can work out how much I've got or?

• Dougie_Powers_17
    2311 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    ^^ What she said.... :lol: ... Glad you are happy with the purchasing of beach hideaways though :smiley: