EA Forums - Banner

I gave up

13Next

Replies

• meinaz wrote: »
    You may want to consider running the collider at all times and having a small KEM farm.

Small! Small! Small! Like it's no big deal. Lay it out in a space where you can make the Marts plop down one after another effortlessly so moving them into place doesn't frustrate you into quitting over time. Because then, over time, you get steady donuts and yur millions don't go away either this way, because.... Small! So you can cover the daily cost, or close to it. Then, when your town and properties and incomes have grown big after a year or so, then.....BIG! (BIG!) At some point you have to jump on the multiplier express in order to see the whole operation switch gears and really take off.

• meinaz wrote: »
    You may want to consider running the collider at all times and having a small KEM farm.

Small! Small! Small! Like it's no big deal. Lay it out in a space where you can make the Marts plop down one after another effortlessly so moving them into place doesn't frustrate you into quitting over time. Because then, over time, you get steady donuts and yur millions don't go away either this way, because.... Small! So you can cover the daily cost, or close to it. Then, when your town and properties and incomes have grown big after a year or so, then.....BIG! (BIG!) At some point you have to jump on the multiplier express in order to see the whole operation switch gears and really take off.

Yep, this is what I've just started to do. Before I'd occasionally buy one or three days of the collider and blow all my money on KEM over the time of the xp bonus.

This is my first attempt at constant farming. I started out on level 190-odd and noted my cash before and after 4 hour tasks to work out my 4-hourly earnings. That gives me enough money to fund 23 KEM every 4 hours with virtually no los depletion of IGC.

My conformity is only 112.45% (visible) and I don't have any housefarms to earn me considerable sums but as a lowly freemium player I'm earning 5 donuts from level ups a day, so throughout my 10 days so bonus I should earn 50 donuts from levelling, meaning 25 donut profit over the time.
  • THATS IT finally after all the threads,forums which ever you want to call them this is the one,it sounds alot like what Im getting ready to do myself only lvl152 and not much IGC but enough to do the 24 to 25 aday farming and if that gets me 5 donuts a day thats fine by me where alot of others might get alot more then that.
    That's great for them but I always have my collider on and have alot of bonus like knight boat,Beach hideaways and more but with this it will also be fun to find out just how well all those work
  • P.S I have read alot and been helped alot by many links/forums on here I guess it just took alot of reading for it all to sink into my stupid thick skull its been hit so many times you would think it would be weakened down by now, it's just a joke so dont get upset have taken alot of hits though!
    All jokes aside thanks again everybody on here for all your help not just for me but everyone else

Oh and thanks EA for a mini-game that everyone seems to like Pin-Pals never saw that one coming
  • I think my head must be thick, too, because I've been reading about KEM farming for over a year and didn't really get it. My remaining question. Are you selling all theKEM's after the earnings from the initial build, or are you just building more and more, taking up more and more space? The rent alone does not seem enough to be worth the space. I read someone discussing selling rat traps (I only have one of these)' buying more, then selling. I just bought a bunch of KEM's to try farming, after all this time. Collected from initial build, and leveled up four or five times. Do I now sell them all and do it again? Seems to make sense, now that I type it out.
  • ruiqneiva106
    117 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Yes, sell them. Same thing with rat trap trucks, buy them, collect XP, sell them.
  • Thank you.
  • simpsonare
    2201 posts Member
    Bloodmobiles and rat traps are not as cost effective. I tried a rat trap and got less than what I would with kem
  • rw228
    1047 posts Member
    Like others have said the KEM is far more economical you just need to have more patience in waiting the build time out compared to the trucks.
  • As I posted before,yeah it took me along time to finally figure it out ,KEM Farming the thing that I was doing wrong was pretty much the same I wasnt sure if you sold them as soon as they were built?
    Well duh is me well I did that at least 5 times through math and help from friends on here was able to figure out with my comformity rating being 140 I needed to buy at least 21 KEM's to LVL up.
    At first when I tried farming I did not know to do that I just kept buying till I almost ran out of IGC then do it again.Now the farming that I'm doing I started out with 24 KEM's thats my number doesnt have to be yours,I havent finished the build setup on those yet there still setting there waiting.
    I'm adding on 2 more a day still not finishing just waiting till enough money and XP has added up then when it has I will turn the collider on 24hr 3 donuts then hit the hammer on all of them
  • As a side query to the whole donut farming issue, I'm currently trying to decide whether to keep my XP collider on permanently, so I could use a little clarification with the maths to make the right choice.

I tend to use a combination of Kwik-e-Mart & Rat Trap trucks to farm for donuts in large batches since I can't usually put in the amount of time required on a day to day basis. This usually works out fine for me to buy 24hr of XP collider and then buy, place & sell KEMs & RTTs until the money runs out.

I've recently reached the point now though, that even when not farming I'm levelling up every 2-3days & I think I may now have reached the tipping point where the XP collider would pay for itself just with day to day gameplay.

For reference my game is Lvl 939, I have all 5 Beach Hideaways and all my Springfield Heights buildings out & upgraded to the max and my conformity bonus is approx 500%.

My thinking is that if I lvl up every 2.5 days on average then I'm gaining 4 lvls every 10 days, thereby earning 4x3=12 donuts (I always re-spin until I get 3 donuts). If I buy 10 days of XP collider for 25 donuts, would I then lvl up 20x thereby giving me 60 donuts, 60-25= 35 net gain. An improvement of 23 donuts every 10 days.

My concern is this though: Does the XP Collider multiply your existing multiplier by X5 or just add an additional X5 to it? In other words, as my conformity bonus is already 500% (i.e X5), would the XP collider make this X10 in total (effectively only doubling my current XP rate) or does it compound the existing multiplier to give X25?

Obviously, if it only effectively doubles my current rate then I'll be spending 25 donuts on the XP collider every 10 days & only earning 24 back, which even my maths ability can tell would not be a good thing!

Any help or guidance anyone can offer me with this would be gratefully appreciated.
  • I do 48 every four hours. Grid of 12x4. They lay down easy, collect easy. Get anywhere from 40-70 donuts a day. XP collider is ALWAYS on
  • Muhsterino
    4481 posts Member
    @TheRealTiminator This is taken from the KEM thread, ignore the top table. An example is given at the bottom to show how the XP is worked out. Collider on: X5
    00aSFRNl.jpg
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Aha! Thanks Muhsterino, I must've got number blindness looking at all those tables & missed the little snippet that answered my question for me...DOH!

10 day XP collider here I come, & if it's on permanently I can farm KEMs whenever I get time rather than having to blow all my money on RTTs before it runs out, so I'll get better value for money that way too.

I feel an "All you can eat" donut buffet coming on.

• ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Can you handle the collector's sustained whooshing noises over a period of time? The rest is just overcoming your hesitation. Try it and then the mystery is solved.