EA Forums - Banner

No frienders

I doubt it I would compare it to Halloween but i wasn't around for that so i dont know how the mechanics works except that it was random given out like hearts, if ppl have learned from xmas and if they didn't have many friends then they missed out on a great deal with the Mystery stockings

Replies

• sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    It takes wi-fi to play TSTO, so why couldn't anyone get as many friends as they want. The ability to add friends in integral to the game and truly easy to do.
  • P003htb
    947 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I doubt it I would compare it to Halloween but i wasn't around for that so i dont know how the mechanics works except that it was random given out like hearts, if ppl have learned from xmas and if they didn't have many friends then they missed out on a great deal with the Mystery stockings

Not really, I had no friends during the event and I still got a decent amount of doughnuts.

sherryt07 wrote:
    It takes wi-fi to play TSTO, so why couldn't anyone get as many friends as they want. The ability to add friends in integral to the game and truly easy to do.

I leveled up to 23-24ish before I created an account, so my question was more directed to anynomas players that somehow have an acount here.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited February 2013
    having 100 friends gave you 300 more xmas coins per day so that would make a big difference unless your that guy with 53 xmas tree's then well yeah..
  • P003htb
    947 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    having 100 friends gave you 300 more xmas coins per day so that would make a big difference unless your that guy with 53 xmas tree's then well yeah..

Yeah what....
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I was anonymous during the Halloween event. All the event buildings paid out in treats, so you didn't need friends.
    Once friends were needed for Christmas, I took the plunge and signed up. Also, at some point I realized I might have a better chance of not losing my town by registering it. This could be wishful thinking, but I still have my town.

I think a rational person would sign up knowing they NEED friends for this update.
  • Lsleong
    258 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    sherryt07 wrote:
    I was anonymous during the Halloween event. All the event buildings paid out in treats, so you didn't need friends.
    Once friends were needed for Christmas, I took the plunge and signed up. Also, at some point I realized I might have a better chance of not losing my town by registering it. This could be wishful thinking, but I still have my town.

I think a rational person would sign up knowing they NEED friends for this update.

Your story sounds like mine. I started playing right before the Halloween event and stayed friendless throughout. I guess I'm not a big Halloween fan so I didn't feel the pressure to add friends since I wasn't that into the Halloween decorations. Then the Christmas update hit and I wanted it all! :lol: My kids also started their own game then and I created a phantom game for my husband so I could collect more Santa coins. Then I realized I would have to bite the bullet and start adding friends. That's when I stumbled across these forums and that was the beginning of the end...

I still have my husband's phantom game which my kids and I can always rely on for valentine's cards and hearts. We don't spend any money on doughnuts for that account. Since it's just a phantom game, we really don't care if we don't get everything on it. If someone is serious about getting everything for a certain update, I think they will eventually have to take the plunge and add friends. It can't be done otherwise unless you want to use real $.
  • Catija
    58 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I did pretty well for both Halloween and Christmas without friends. The only reason I added them for V-Day is that you have to collect from friends' buildings for the first quest and I'd already done the "other Springfield", so I was stuck for a day if I hadn't gotten some friends.

With friends, it's not really a challenge, though... so I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I know it wouldn't be fair, but it seems like they could increment the heart requirement for some of the items based on how many friends you had.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!