EA Forums - Banner

Tourists... Where are they? (The purchasable ones)

Prev13456714
DIrishB
613 posts Member
I got a pop up message for TSTO that the Tourists were purchasable in store. Being the completist that I am I logged on to purchase them but they're not in store.

I did the Destination Springfield takedown update, and got new jobs for Kumiko, Marge (at Tourist Center) and Nelson's mom, but nothing shows up in store under any category for the tourists.

I did see that LPNintendo mentioned the text was missing for them. Was the update altered or something, to remove them from store until it's fixed? Just wondering.

Replies

• A few things to do with them got borked so a patch has been released removing them from everyone's stores, how long for, who knows, will they return, hope so...
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    Check LPs update thread. The tourists are only showing up for Android players and even then they are very glitchy
  • DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    DaveF-2016 wrote: »
    A few things to do with them got borked so a patch has been released removing them from everyone's stores, how long for, who knows, will they return, hope so...

Ah, ok, figured it was likely something along those lines. Thanks for confirming!
  • DaveF-2016 wrote: »
    A few things to do with them got borked so a patch has been released removing them from everyone's stores, how long for, who knows, will they return, hope so...

Maybe because this is their lead programmer:
    source.gif
  • The tourist vanished from my store
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    They left Springfield. Hopefully they will make a return or they will become one of the rarest items.
  • Rich0913
    1637 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I got them before they were removed, got them on tasks. The dialog is all glitched up for them.
    72HMub3.png
  • I should've been more impulsive... but with only having 68D to play with... I needed more info, when I got it...too late....let's hope they come back soon, and at the 60D again...
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • For 60 donuts these characters are nothing short of a miracle. Two premium and one basic rate with three skins each, all with three different animated outdoor tasks (4h, 8h and 12h). This is great value. I am glad I randomly bought them before they vanished.

I was expecting them to be NPCs.

The questline dialogue is garbled and the tasks are blacked out. I am guessing that this is what is being fixed before they come back to the store.

I really hope it was not the price that was the problem and that EA will change it. I don't think they can, can they?
  • I hope they add more of them. Was the Geisha in the mix? Or which ones were they?
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • 60d is a good price and it was set by them. i don't get if iOs users are the only affected by this or what
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    60d is a good price and it was set by them. i don't get if iOs users are the only affected by this or what

I am on android and I also don't have the tourists. I originally did but they disappeared.
  • bluntcard
    3900 posts Member
    I hope they add more of them. Was the Geisha in the mix? Or which ones were they?

LPN says they change into the different tourists :) You can change them to Geisha is you like, etc. Pretty cool.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • it's weird cause i'm on android and still got them
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • I'm on iOS. I even rushed through all the tasks to see it they would come up at the end of the quest line, but nothing. It just started the original quest line for Kumiko because I just got her with this event.
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    I hope they add more of them. Was the Geisha in the mix? Or which ones were they?

LPN says they change into the different tourists :) You can change them to Geisha is you like, etc. Pretty cool.

That's really cool, I hope they get this fixed.
  • meinaz wrote: »
    60d is a good price and it was set by them. i don't get if iOs users are the only affected by this or what

I am on android and I also don't have the tourists. I originally did but they disappeared.

I did as well
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • bluntcard
    3900 posts Member
    I keep checking and checking and checking. I really do have work to do and yet, here I am checking....
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • johncolombo
    11451 posts Senior Moderator
    whoa, I picked the wrong day to have to actually work. Looks like I missed out on some fun. How much did or will they cost? Are they playable?

Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Rich0913
    1637 posts Member
    60 for the 3, they are playable and have individual tasks