EA Forums - Banner

XP stopped at start of level 25?

I leveled up yesterday to level 25 from 24. I got a message that I've gone as far in the game as possible and was now in "bonus levels"? XP is now stuck at 20/126000. I see posts from others before the last update the XP has always continued to count up in the last level and when a level update comes out if you are at the previous level max you level up to the newest level immediately.

CaptainRob64

Nah. Before, you'd hit the max and it would stay there. Then when a new level was added, you'd likely get 20,000-40,000 XP to start but it varied. Now once you hit the new XP at the top level, you get a chance at 1, 2 or 3 donuts. Then your XP erases, you need a higher amount and you start again. This is all new as of last week.

Replies

• CaptainRob64
    51 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    The FAQ is wrong then. Under the Valentines update in the FAQ it says:

"3. If you have reached the MAX level, you now keep earning XP and earn donuts for "Bonus Levels" "

• lll3lucky
    543 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I think the poster just didn't elaborate on the V-Day bonus new max info. Whereas before you stayed at the current level after being Maxed out and you earned Xp but you never knew what it was until EA added the next level, which they gave you an amount based on what itsmedanshep already posted above. Now with the update you get your Xp with a chance of earning a few donuts until they add the next level. Is that a little clearer for you to understand? I hope this helps. :)
  • CaptainRob64
    51 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I don't think it should stop counting Xp at the START of the last level, as it apparently now is. Instead I would think you should be able to hit the max level Xp, then get the free donut bonus, then reset Xp so you can keep earning donuts for replaying the current max level until a new one comes out.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited February 2013
    The FAQ is wrong then. Under the Valentines update in the FAQ it says:

"3. If you have reached the MAX level, you now keep earning XP and earn donuts for "Bonus Levels" "

What is wrong with that? You do earn bonus levels once you maxed out at 25. And it came with the vday update.
  • bartap74
    144 posts
    edited February 2013
    What we have here is a failure to communicate. OP is saying that after he leveled up, his XP stopped short so that he can't keep earning xp toward the gift box. If that's in fact the case, he's got a glitch that he should report to EA.
  • CaptainRob64
    51 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Correct, I got the bonus screen where i had to pick 1 of 3 boxes at entry to level 25, but since my Xp is stuck at 20, so my guess is i won't get the option for another bonus. Seems like a bug that is cheating me out of both Xp and donuts.

• lll3lucky
    543 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    bartap74 wrote:
    What we have here is a failure to communicate. OP is saying that after he leveled up, his XP stopped short so that he can't keep earning xp toward the gift box. If that's in fact the case, he's got a glitch that he should report to EA.

Thanks for clearing that up...we all seem to have misunderstood. I thought he/she was implying that it reset level 25 with the chance to earn the bonus donuts. Too bad I really can't tell you what forum post it is to search for the answer to contact EA/Origin. I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in the search. If I come across that info I will edit my post or post a new message for this subject.

Maybe you can find your answer at https://help.ea.com. Seems to be the first place to see if you get results; if that doesn't satisfy your need for help, then may I suggest contacting Itunes. Good luck.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Hurleybird10
    65 posts
    edited February 2013
    ive also got the same problem, reached lvl 25 today and was asked to pick my prize, no im stuck at 40XP and all new XP is not collecting
  • CaptainRob64
    51 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    So I'm not alone. I emailed a detail bug report to the help email listed in the game info screen and got a generic reply. I already tried a remove and reinstall, but that didn't help. I hope the next update fixes...
  • CaptainRob64
    51 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    My XP just started counting again this morning for some reason. It had been stuck at 20/126000 for a week
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!