EA Forums - Banner

The curiosity of recent event NPCs

We have definitely been getting quite a few characters with recent events. However, curious how recently in particular they ended up not releasing the NPC's post event (even when in the code)...and of course the time they do there is some glitch XD

Replies

• simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    I believe they released the Tap Ball NPC as a premium the following year. Maybe they plan to offer them a year later hoping people are nostalgic.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    I believe they released the Tap Ball NPC as a premium the following year. Maybe they plan to offer them a year later hoping people are nostalgic.

I would think it would be most profitable for them to release consistently after event take down when the characters are freshest on people's minds.
  • Butt this is also when people are most fed up with the npc's shenanigans.
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    Butt this is also when people are most fed up with the npc's shenanigans.
    Good point. So is evant's point. I personally favor they release right after.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • AARONRTD
    1803 posts Member
    Got to collect them all! Hey it worked for Pokémon!
  • Uh, who exactly was the Tap Ball NPC?
    BTW: My Springfield circa Winter 2014: orionsbell.com/simpsons/Winter2014.png
  • orionsbell wrote: »
    Uh, who exactly was the Tap Ball NPC?

The sports fans attached to Gil's tailgate party were from Tap Ball.
  • I like to grab the npc right after as a reminder of the event
  • It seems odd to release them long after an event because it won't make sense to someone who didn't play the event. Why would someone want a bunch of random tourists if they don't know where they came from? If they don't release these soon, I think, sadly, they never will.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    It seems odd to release them long after an event because it won't make sense to someone who didn't play the event. Why would someone want a bunch of random tourists if they don't know where they came from? If they don't release these soon, I think, sadly, they never will.

I wasn't around to play the stonecutters event, (started way after) but I randomly had the chance to buy the stonecutters day care centre, which I did, possibly because it's another income generating building I could buy for cash... so I dunno, think there's precedence for releasing random things and if there was some tenuous link to travel in any way, could work...
    You just had to look didn't ya!...