EA Forums - Banner

Will heart surplus buy donuts like Santa coins?

Prev1
I'd say no, they gave out quite a few donuts over Christmas, which was a huge surprise to me. Somehow I don't think their heart is big enough to do it again

Replies

• kymie1988
    253 posts
    edited February 2013
    There's no saying that they will repeat a similar 'stocking' scenario. None of us know.
    I've also completed everything, and am continuing to collect hearts, just in case :)
  • PlacentaSandwich
    1148 posts
    edited February 2013
    My opinion is they will do like in Halloween...
    i.e 350 candys = 35 donuts.

Perhaps, I'm wrong.
  • Ankarstroom
    228 posts
    edited February 2013
    I suspect not (but I wish they do). With the christmas coins there were only one off items, this is not the case with the hearts, plenty of alternatives to continue spending after you have finished the quest line. Still, I am hamstring and hope for the best.
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited February 2013

Perhaps, I'm wrong.

You got donuts for your candies?
  • Ankarstroom
    228 posts
    edited February 2013

Perhaps, I'm wrong.

I joined after the halloween event (during thanksgiving) but I understand the candy just disappeared. Halloween ended with a trivia with a chance to win 10 donuts. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited February 2013
    I doubt they will give donuts again :( but they may do something similar tho, might be a case of the hearts will buy some building or something :)

Who knows....time will tell :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Ankarstroom
    228 posts
    edited February 2013
    Hello there Neo. New avatar?
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited February 2013

Perhaps, I'm wrong.

That happened? I should have gotten 500+ donuts then.
  • jxmar25
    11 posts
    edited February 2013
    It depends if they saw a spending lift from the stockings. Many players never took the step of buying any donuts because they couldn't get much without spending a lot. After the stockings, many were only a small donut purchase away from getting a cool premium item they never thought they'd get. I think the premise is to get them hooked that way.

If they do decide to reprise the stocking idea, a box of chocolates makes total sense. You never know what you're going to get...
  • cuttyshark69
    215 posts
    edited February 2013
    Neo, you do realise your inbox is now going to be filled with hundreds messages complaining about the game now don't you
  • HammyBaconTime
    264 posts
    edited February 2013

Perhaps, I'm wrong.

I joined after the halloween event (during thanksgiving) but I understand the candy just disappeared. Halloween ended with a trivia with a chance to win 10 donuts. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't remember donuts being part of that at all.
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    We got given 12 donuts each at the end of Halloween regardless of how many candies you had.

Don't think there'll be a stocking equivalent as it is possible to spend all of your hearts on decorations but who can say? Not me anyway.
  • caesarscott
    82 posts
    edited February 2013
    nothing was given for halloween. no donuts were traded for candies or eggs and TP. they just disappeared.
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited February 2013

Perhaps, I'm wrong.
    I don't remember donuts being part of that at all.
    No conversion, they just disappeared. Everyone got a dozen doughnuts at the end of the event.

On the upside, valentines decorations can be sold for cash (unlike all prior limited items), so you can at least convert hearts to cash and XP by buying and selling decorations. ($10 and 1XP per heart, regardless of decoration purchased.)
  • Marcovarius
    558 posts
    edited February 2013
    I will gather hearts but I won't hold my breath for more donuts in exchange. I hope there will be other items for hearts. Maybe the hottest women of Springfield: lunchlady or crazy cat lady :shock:
  • josh4908
    801 posts
    edited February 2013
    I'm collecting hearts in case it's like Christmas.
  • A_KidAndHisCape
    301 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Since the friend money cheat isn't available anymore I've been saving 100 hearts to buy the I Cho Choo Chose You Train then turning around and selling it for 1000
  • Rayduh562
    56 posts
    edited February 2013
    Well if they do provide a new or similar promo theyll notified us beforehand, as they did with the stocking promo. They didn't provide details so I stop collecting coins after I completing the Xmas missions. This time I guess, like many of u guys ill keep collecting with hopes of a new promo.
  • Dannesand
    434 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I really hope so. But I doubt it too. The scary thing is that if you save the hearts and nothing happens, you will lose everything where you instead could have bought a lot of limited stuff,
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited February 2013
    Dannesand wrote:
    I really hope so. But I doubt it too. The scary thing is that if you save the hearts and nothing happens, you will lose everything where you instead could have bought a lot of limited stuff,
    Just buy the stuff on the 28th before the event ends if nothing better is announced. Then you can keep what you want and sell the rest for cash.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.