EA Forums - Banner

Kinda disappointed with Shauna

13Next

Replies

• lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    90 donuts. Too expensive for a non-central character, so passing on her. I really wish they'd given us somebody that makes more sense.

I want to hang on to my donuts to see what is released next and I'm willing to pass on her. If she'd been cheaper? I would have gotten her.

But again....90 donuts.....far too expensive.
  • SWNJim
    86 posts
    edited February 2013
    I usually have waited to buy new characters. This time though, I said "screw it, I've got the doughnuts." Major buyer's remorse right now. I can get passed not having a voice, and either her 30 min or 2 hour tasks can stand in for the 1 hour one. I can make it work. Not giving her a 3, 4, or 5 hour task is insulting. This just reeks of lazy to non-existant planning on EA's part. Her non-visable tasks all taking place in a brown house or kwik-e-mart irks me as well. Originality matters. Another one like her, and I may stop spending g doughnuts altogether.
  • zoephoto
    447 posts
    edited February 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    90 donuts. Too expensive for a non-central character, so passing on her. I really wish they'd given us somebody that makes more sense.

I want to hang on to my donuts to see what is released next and I'm willing to pass on her. If she'd been cheaper? I would have gotten her.

I felt that way about mr plow but somehow bought both him and shauna!
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    zoephoto wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

I got Mr. Plow. He's funny. I love the melt snow task and the happy bootie dance (sing the Mr. Plow song). He will be one that in the next update or so people will be asking how they can get him when they see him in others towns. I doubt anybody will be asking about Shauna.

"I just saw this totally random girl character in a neighbors town!! How do I get it?!?!"

Yeah. Don't see that happening, lol.
  • zoephoto
    447 posts
    edited February 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    zoephoto wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

I got Mr. Plow. He's funny. I love the melt snow task and the happy bootie dance (sing the Mr. Plow song). He will be one that in the next update or so people will be asking how they can get him when they see him in others towns. I doubt anybody will be asking about Shauna.

"I just saw this totally random girl character in a neighbors town!! How do I get it?!?!"

Yeah. Don't see that happening, lol.

Although that's exactly what I did when I first saw her - hey, a random female! We need more females... Buy. lol. Perhaps should have hesitated more lol
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited February 2013
    zoephoto wrote:
    I could care less about Mr. Plow. I actually really wanted him, but decided it was a total waste to get. Homer already earns me premium task payouts, so Mr. Plow is worthless.

At least Shauna is an actual character, not a worthless skin, and adds one more character in my town that earns premium payouts.
  • jonas_alexan
    325 posts
    edited February 2013
    I'm waiting for a decent new premium now. I have Dr. Nick, Moleman and SVT. Like them all.

Who's betting that either Lenny or Carl and Patti or Selma will be premium? At least they'll be voiced.
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I've got all the premium characters that are priced 60 doughnuts and below. But 90 is a lot of dough (ha ha get me!) and they'd need to be an extra special character such as Lyle Lanley for that price. Dr Nick, I'd be willing to pay 60 for if he was to go on offer. Shauna, I'd consider for 30 but even then it's not a guaranteed purchase. I mean seriously who gives a * about Shauna? SVT only cost me 30 and I'd put him as one of the best premium items I've bought in terms of value for money. Mr Plow should also have been 30. EA seems to be getting even greedier and their new pricing policy is beginning to go beyond what I'm willing to pay.
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited February 2013
    I only got Shauna because my finger slipped (thanks for that purchase confirmation button EA!).

Can't say that I'm particularly impressed by her, especially for 90 doughnuts. I can think of dozens of characters I'd have introduced before her.

Earlier, posters noted that we now have 2 8-hr task options for Milhouse and Lisa. I don't like that. They easily could have been made some other length to provide more flexibility; I'd like to have 10-hr tasks since that length better conforms to my actual work day, and I think the only 10-hr task belongs to Cool Homer.
  • waltercartman
    677 posts
    edited February 2013
    Shauna is not worth 90 doughnuts.... However i need everyone now!!!

So no matter the price ea has me. I will buy everyone i can get my grubby hands on.

The duck task imo is worth it for her. I do understand people not wanting her but some of you will be kicking yourself in the end.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    peruhomer wrote:
    EA seems to be getting even greedier and their new pricing policy is beginning to go beyond what I'm willing to pay.

It definitely appears they are getting greedier, 90 for Shauna is too much, even though I bought her I, reaching the point that if this is the new model I will be very selective going forward
  • PodsTown
    26 posts
    edited February 2013
    I bought her she's definitely not worth 90 donuts at all. She doesn't speak & doesn't have 1 or 4 hour tasks. Not cool EA
  • Warpt1
    198 posts
    edited February 2013
    I agree Shauna is not worth 90 donuts.

After having a mostly male Springfield, Withers' coming out party and overpricing the sole new female toon, I beginning to wonder who at EA doesn't like women.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!