EA Forums - Banner

One week!!!!

so our Washer has been spitting out water and starting to flood our garage and our dryer, i kid you not, takes about 24 to 48 hours to dry our clothes....so with my tax return i decided enough is enough....and bought a new set...its the most i have ever in my life spent on anything...and i was very apprehensive about buying them...but there so going to be worth it!! im so excited and delivery should be sometime next week!! so excited, i just cant hide it!! ;)
crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56

Replies

• meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    That is the next major appliance purchase that I need to make. My washer broke down, so I bought an old one off a friend but it needs to be replaced. I hate spending the money but new appliances are always nice. My parents bought me a new refrigerator for Christmas and I love it. Unfortunately it looks out of place with all my other old appliances. Someday everything will be all new, but probably not for a few years.
  • yeah i totally know that feeling!! we need a new stove, its electric but we have to manually light it and the oven doesnt even work so we got one of those table top oven/broiler/ rotisserie thingies from my mom which works to a point but it would definitely be nice to have a stove that works...i miss baking in bigger batches...

i do still feel a bit like a traitor, my grandpa use to own his own appliance repair shop (until they made it where you had to be certified in different stuff in which case he decided to just retire and get a motor home) and we have always been a whirl pool or may tag family...this is one of those new LG's.... but still excited about it!!
  • so our Washer has been spitting out water and starting to flood our garage and our dryer, i kid you not, takes about 24 to 48 hours to dry our clothes....so with my tax return i decided enough is enough....and bought a new set...its the most i have ever in my life spent on anything...and i was very apprehensive about buying them...but there so going to be worth it!! im so excited and delivery should be sometime next week!! so excited, i just cant hide it!! ;)

That's great! I love getting new appliances. It makes doing housework fun (for a short while :p )
    BulldogMom23 in Crawl to the Finish
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    All my appliances were whirlpool. Brand new when I bought the house almost 15 years ago. The new refrigerator is an LG. When I bought a new build, it was exciting because everything was brand new. Now everything is starting to wear out at the same time, it isn't as fun.
  • my husbands logic was why buy a used one thats just going to go out in a few years when we can buy new ones that should last us awhile....i still think my grandpa is watching over us and face palming himself but oh well...im excited...and they look neat...!! it has a dewrinkling function that i definitely will end up using...and a steam setting....
  • @RMVancleav710 make sure you get an extended guarantee taken out on it. Washing machines tend not to last long I've read that they are not lasting 3 years so make sure you get it covered as that will be a big relief in future if it breaks down.
  • Yay adulting!
  • HomerND84 wrote: »
    @RMVancleav710 make sure you get an extended guarantee taken out on it. Washing machines tend not to last long I've read that they are not lasting 3 years so make sure you get it covered as that will be a big relief in future if it breaks down.
    bought a new dryer couple years ago and didn't get extended warranty, one month after the 3 year warranty was up, it broke down and had a service call. Had to pay for that and the tech said it was going to cost almost as much to fix as to get a new one. @HomerND84 is correct, the tech also told me they are only building washers and dryers to last about 3 years or so. just long enough to get past the warranty, so i got a new washer and dryer with a 10 year warranty that covers everything, service calls and parts. might want to checkout Maytag Centennial series, thats what i bought and not very expensive compared to many models currently out there

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • Some big brands aren't lasting 6 months. I tried to google the article on this but couldn't find it.
  • You know you became an adult when... lol

• so our Washer has been spitting out water and starting to flood our garage and our dryer, i kid you not, takes about 24 to 48 hours to dry our clothes....so with my tax return i decided enough is enough....and bought a new set...its the most i have ever in my life spent on anything...and i was very apprehensive about buying them...but there so going to be worth it!! im so excited and delivery should be sometime next week!! so excited, i just cant hide it!! ;)

I feel your happiness! I am designing my new home and I need to buy some things. I still need a refrigerator and a washing machine, but I'll probabluy buy them soon.
    This weekend I bought many many things, like silverware, a whole set of plates, pans, knives and other kitchen stuff. I looked like a kid on a toy store while shopping for these thingies :lol:
  • Congrats @RMVancleav710 shopping for those anymore seems as complicated as buying a new car, for me anyway. :D
    @camillasan372 How exciting! There's nothing I love more than decorating a new place...except helping to decorate someone else's...more fun to spend their money!
    @HomerND84 I didn't know that about the lifespan of current new appliances...makes me angry. We have become such a throw away society. We need more people like Rhi's Grandpa.
    I recently bought a new toaster, not because the old one was broken but because it LOOKED old. My mom gave it to me used and the thing is now 41 years old!! When I took the new one out of the box, I put the old one in the box and on a shelf in my storage room. Because the new one seems so cheaply made, I'm pretty certain I will have to get the old one back out in a few months. :/
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • @IckabodSchrek what it is that if they are given a long life then you won't go out and buy a new one so they on purpose give a short life span only thing is in doing so have caught fire etc. That's how these buggers make their money. Something needs doing to stop it.
    @IckabodSchrek what it is that if they are given a long life then you won't go out and buy a new one so they on purpose give a short life span only thing is in doing so have caught fire etc. That's how these buggers make their money. Something needs doing to stop it.

Great. Now I'm angry and scared. Whatever happened to 'pride in your work'?
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
    @IckabodSchrek what it is that if they are given a long life then you won't go out and buy a new one so they on purpose give a short life span only thing is in doing so have caught fire etc. That's how these buggers make their money. Something needs doing to stop it.

Great. Now I'm angry and scared. Whatever happened to 'pride in your work'?
    its corperate greed, if they weren't so focused on profit than workers would have more pride. low wages and cheap assembly parts along with-like you said-a throw away society

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • yeah i totally know that feeling!! we need a new stove, its electric but we have to manually light it!

WAIT WHAT?

How do you manually light an electric stove? :| (If it involves a kite and a key just say NO)

Enjoy the new W\D.. just roll with it and enjoy those hot steamy clean clothes and stuff. :)
  • yeah i totally know that feeling!! we need a new stove, its electric but we have to manually light it!

WAIT WHAT?

How do you manually light an electric stove? :| (If it involves a kite and a key just say NO)

Enjoy the new W\D.. just roll with it and enjoy those hot steamy clean clothes and stuff. :)

okay i just asked hubby *blushes* it is gas....its just got a lot of digital stuffs.... i did not get an extended warranty....

i forgot you guys can be "debbie downers" some times...no i did not get an extended warranty....and im not worried about my new W/D
  • Best get an extended guarantee it will help. Most new ones should come with a leaflet about the guarantee and a phone number to call. Depending on the make it will be free of charge the guarantee.