EA Forums - Banner

The new forum has finally grown on me, but what's up with the banner?

I like the notifications on the new forum, as well as a few other new features. But I've never understood why the banner has no road in front of the buildings in the foreground. The grass directly in front of these buildings seems awkward. Sorry if this has been brought up before, but could whoever is in charge of the banner change it to one that is more sensible? Also, it would rock if the banner reflected events.

Thoughts?

*This is game related.

Replies

• I've never understood why the banner has no road in front of the buildings in the foreground. The grass directly in front of these buildings seems awkward.

Maybe because skyfinger is still designing that part of town ?
  • happyone2323
    1490 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    It's the same as the splash screen. No road.
    BulldogMom23 in Crawl to the Finish
  • Both of you have excellent answers. Thank you for the sense making!
  • I like the notifications on the new forum, as well as a few other new features. But I've never understood why the banner has no road in front of the buildings in the foreground. The grass directly in front of these buildings seems awkward. Sorry if this has been brought up before, but could whoever is in charge of the banner change it to one that is more sensible? Also, it would rock if the banner reflected events.

Thoughts?

*This is game related.

I wonder about the Hairy shadow from the Skyfinger. :|

• Thanks to this post you reminded me to hide that banner image from appearing. It takes up way too much real estate.
  • petehd14
    2768 posts Member
    The buildings look like they are near the edge of some pavement.
  • I like the notifications on the new forum, as well as a few other new features. But I've never understood why the banner has no road in front of the buildings in the foreground. The grass directly in front of these buildings seems awkward. Sorry if this has been brought up before, but could whoever is in charge of the banner change it to one that is more sensible? Also, it would rock if the banner reflected events.

Thoughts?

*This is game related.

I wonder about the Hairy shadow from the Skyfinger. :|

I think that's supposed to look like a shadow broken up by blades of grass
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • Don't care about the banner, never notice it really. Notifications are nice I guess, polls were more fun. I'd still go back to the old style forum if given a choice.
  • I wish they would add forum/home to the bottom of the page.
  • Jonalinn
    1766 posts Member
    What I clearly don't understand is why aren't all the EA forums tied into one account? And they're not even really set up the same way. For instance, the Sims 4 forum has the following options in each post:

Flag - Quote - Insightful - Like - Awesome

And all my posts/likes/etc. from that forum aren't even tied to my account here.

Strange.
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved