EA Forums - Banner

So disappointed with myself...

Prev1
74hands
444 posts Member
In the past, I promised myself I would not waste several hours of my life by rearranging buildings, roads, monorail stations and tracks, etc and moving chunks of my town by one poxy square, just so I could find a way to incorporate the monorail tunnels and run the monorail through SH.

I broke that promise today, and the tunnels are in my SF now.

It really wasn't worth it.

Now I feel disappointed with myself.

Just sharing - that is all.
My choice for all my Tapped Out news and troll-free friendly chat is the EA officially approved Tapped Out UK :)

Replies

• If your not happy there's the old nuke button :lol:

I know how you feel. I was moving things around to fit my mono in.
  • 74hands wrote: »
    In the past, I promised myself I would not waste several hours of my life by rearranging buildings, roads, monorail stations and tracks, etc and moving chunks of my town by one poxy square, just so I could find a way to incorporate the monorail tunnels and run the monorail through SH.

I did the same a while ago with mixed feelings on the results. :/ Mine was off on the Springfield side and the track goes all over my town connecting to 6 stations. (One extra from a glitch) I was not too happy while I was doing it. :(
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • I had stored the tunnels until the recent land expansion in SH. After I added a tunnel, I found out that the tracks didn't match up with the pre-existing rails I already had on the Springfield side. I wasn't about to move everything, so what I ended up doing was make a separate monorail track going from the Mall station(had to disconnect it from the main rail loop) to the Christmas station in SH where I already had a Christmas village. Worked out pretty well, I think. Just an idea....
  • 74hands
    444 posts Member
    I've only got four stations (no KB station), but the track goes completely around the outside perimeter of my SF with a station roughly in each corner. The track going through SF is therefore just a sightseeing exercise. Daft waste of time, but then so is the whole game, isn't it?
    My choice for all my Tapped Out news and troll-free friendly chat is the EA officially approved Tapped Out UK :)

I waited for several months myself hoping for a fix so that the monorail track would line up with the tunnels, I also eventually gave up too and had moved my whole town so that the monorail to when else and track would link together, after I'd finished with the task I said to myself never again will I moved those tracks again, well that lasted until the last land release and I decided that my monorail needed to travel near or through my French quarter, my Brazilian zone the Japanese and my mini Chinatown, in all honesty I'm really happy now that I've completed the redesign of the whole track although I know that at some point in the future I'll have to do it all again once we receive another huge release of land.
  • The main monorail problem i wasn't able to solve is if you bring it right through the middle of town for the best looking ride-along tour then you wake up to the horror of seeing all your favorite buildings and streets covered up by monorail tracks. Blocked from view or otherwise diminished. I've seen towns where they had enough skill to avoid this fate, but it's not easy. Even if i nuked and redesigned neighborhoods to include monorail from the beginning, I'd still be worried it would just turn out visually diminished from the start (after wasting lots of time on it).
  • simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    If you didn't want to do it then you shouldn't have. It's real easy for us awesome forum goers. I don't know why you failed. I'm disappointed, too.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • bluntcard
    3617 posts Member
    It's only a waste of time if you could have been doing something better. But, we all have hobbies. In the end it's all just wasting time until....well, ya know, the dude with red eyes and black cape comes to get you. Some people build models, some people have train sets, some people build a town for the Simpsons.

I only have my monorail in SH because I can't seem to make it work in my main town. It feels like a giant wall or it ruins the way things look.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    If you didn't want to do it then you shouldn't have. It's real easy for us awesome forum goers. I don't know why you failed. I'm disappointed, too.

Ouch.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • 74hands
    444 posts Member
    simp7fan wrote: »

I know you're disappointed and find it easy not to succeed, but that's okay, we still love you for the special person you are and we don't hold your failures against you.
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    john-cleese-yng_thumb.jpg

• i still refuse to do this.... thank goodness for the glitch that let us remove mountains.
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • bluntcard
    3617 posts Member
    john-cleese-yng_thumb.jpg

lol
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • I have 2 monorails. One in SH is in a U shape , not completed, North Pole station. Waiting for the rest of the SH land to complete, which is coming way to slowly. SH land should should stretch as far as the main town goes. It's way short. 75% of my neighbors have hit a billion in SH. We are all ready and the rest the players will be one day.

My other monorail goes around the entire perimeter of Springfield with a station in each corner. When we get new land, I only have to move the tracks at the far end, and eventually the stations. I have more than enough pieces to handle any extension, even all those useless curved pieces.

As far as the tunnels to SH go, I put them in inventory. There was a glitch awhile back which allowed us to remove some of the mountains separating SH from the town. Wish I could get rid of more mountains!
  • Jonalinn
    1766 posts Member
    74hands wrote: »

I don't think I understand the sadness?
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved

I say good for you mate. I moved around everything months ago to create one unified monorail that runs through the perimeter of SH and all throughout my main SF. It was a long day (and many hours since) but months on I never look back and regret it. I think the use of both tunnels is stellar and a great accomplishment!!

• simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    For everyone who didn't get my satirical comment, consider the "spoilers thread" where everyone said "just don't read it; super easy". You're thank you.
    tapebelt wrote: »
    i still refuse to do this.... thank goodness for the glitch that let us remove mountains.
    Me, too. Love it.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • Not having the monorail on my town its the best thing. I appreciate many of my neighbours' designs, but I don't want to do all the changes for something I would surely deslike. I get your pain
  • 74hands
    444 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    For everyone who didn't get my satirical comment, consider the "spoilers thread" where everyone said "just don't read it; super easy". You're thank you.
    tapebelt wrote: »
    i still refuse to do this.... thank goodness for the glitch that let us remove mountains.
    Me, too. Love it.

I got it, hence my reply to your comment.
  • The main monorail problem i wasn't able to solve is if you bring it right through the middle of town for the best looking ride-along tour then you wake up to the horror of seeing all your favorite buildings and streets covered up by monorail tracks. Blocked from view or otherwise diminished. I've seen towns where they had enough skill to avoid this fate, but it's not easy. Even if i nuked and redesigned neighborhoods to include monorail from the beginning, I'd still be worried it would just turn out visually diminished from the start (after wasting lots of time on it).

I lay out the main buildings such that they are not cover by the rail lines. But some land will be wasted which I used it for unimportant multiplier items.