EA Forums - Banner

St. Patrick's Mystery Boxes: purchase or not?

Prev13
ojbee
112 posts Member
edited March 2017
My random prize choices are:
Blarney Castle (115 donuts when previously offered)
Duff Party Liner (100 donuts. Offered as low as 75 during black friday sale)
Duff Stadium (90 donuts)
Notre Dame (6h) with Groundskeeper Seamus (150 donuts)
Sham Rock Cafe (12h) with Yupprechaun (when tapped, small amount of $ or xp and it's XP Collider-able. For me, it's $35 and 9/45 xp.) (120 donuts)
Wishing Well (4%) with green Leprechaun (same as Yupprechaun) (100 donus)

I am a freemium player (since 2014, Level 939, have all the land, 160+ characters), and 80 donuts per pick makes me cautious. Is there a compelling reason why I should get all or some or none?
I typically buy items when there are rebates. And I don't typically buy Gil's offers because I sleep fine without having the newest.

EDIT: added previously offered donut prices
Post edited by ojbee on

Replies

• PatrickSays
    1140 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I'd say no. Are you kem farming? If yes, how many donuts a day?

I had the same choices as you and purchased three spins. I won Notre Dame, and both leprechauns. Which I think is pretty lucky, but you have to realize of the six choices out there only one is a character combo it's Notre Dame the others are just buildings. The two leprechauns are NPCs.

Edit: I noticed you mention Notre Dame comes with skin. It's not. Seamus is a character.
    First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP
  • ojbee
    112 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Not a KEM farmer currently. Once there was a quick glitch where the purchase price didn't increase with each purchase. I bought 398. They are in storage now. I also took advantage of the bug where the xp between levels were lower than 1 mil (also didn't focus on leveling up when it was 10 mil between levels).
    I am a rattrap truck player (no 4-hr waiting)... everytime I hit $150M I turn on the xp multiplier for a day and buy/sell 100M worth of trucks.
    Post edited by ojbee on
  • The Leprechauns are fun to have if you like NPCs and the cafe is a cool building, Groundskeeper Seamus has some great visual tasks and the Notre Dame church looks nice.
    The rest is crap imho, unless that Blarney Castle would fit in perfectly in your town somewhere.
  • I'm still applying ointment after the date night boxes... plus it's my first St. Patricks and not even got offered O'Flanagans so i'm passing...
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • I'd say give it a pass, unless you have a gazillion donuts. You don't seem desperate for anything in particular available in the boxes and they'll no doubt be on offer again at a later date.

I was lucky to get the leprechauns I wanted anyway.
  • Only item in there for me is the wishing well and I've past every time on that one.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • I won't purchase anything. The only thing I want is Blarney Castle, but I don't want to spend 80 donuts for each try.
  • ojbee wrote: »
    Not a KEM farmer currently. Once there was a quick glitch where the purchase price didn't increase with each purchase. I bought 298. They are in storage now. I also took advantage of the bug where the xp between levels were lowere than 1 mil (also didn't focus on leveling up when it was 10 mil between levels).
    I am a rattrap truck player (no 4-hr waiting)... everytime I hit $150M I turn on the xp multiplier for a day and buy/sell 100M worth of trucks.

I'd kindly suggest 3 things.
    Sell all of your quickie Mart's. They will earn you a very nice penny. There is no reason to keep them in storage.

Also would you consider farming every four hours, it brings a lot more money than doing it once in a while with trucks.

Third and most important you should be on level 939. There you ear more donuts when leveling up.

• Thanks for laying out the old prices. I couldn' t be bothered checking. I bought one and got Blarney Castle. Might get one more to see if i can get Seamus and the Cathedral but knowing my luck i'll probably get the party liner

mhyhiitfz0jm.jpg

• ojbee
    112 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    After almost 3 yrs of playing, I have learned that most things get offered again at a discount if u wait patiently and keep an eye on this forum. If anything good is offered or comes back (like Kumiko), there will be excited chatters here :)
    Still on the fences about purchasing the boxes. I may try a few to see if I can get Notre Dame/Seamus, and leave the rest until the next offer.
    Thanks for the inputs y'all. :) ...off to sell my KEMs...my contribution to Spring cleaning.
    Post edited by ojbee on
  • AirurandoP
    852 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    ojbee wrote: »
    Not a KEM farmer currently. Once there was a quick glitch where the purchase price didn't increase with each purchase. I bought 298. They are in storage now. I also took advantage of the bug where the

Third and most important you should be on level 939. There you ear more donuts when leveling up.

We'll have less of that sort of talk thank you very much. What you do with your donuts is your business but this is a family forum.

mhyhiitfz0jm.jpg

• girl22721
    1159 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I'm trying to win Notre Dame with Seamus; had 3 attempts so far which got me the Duff Party Liner and then 2 leprechauns. Not ideal but at least that's 6.75% added to multiplier. I'll persevere until successful.
  • ojbee
    112 posts Member
    AirurandoP wrote: »
    Not a KEM farmer currently. Once there was a quick glitch where the purchase price didn't increase with each purchase. I bought 298. They are in storage now. I also took advantage of the bug where the

We'll have less of that sort of talk thank you very much. What you do with your donuts is your business but this is a family forum.

LOL I didn't catch that until u pointed out. I had to read again and sound out the words. I guess it's true about how the brain fills in the gap and auto corrects. Good catch AirurandoP.
  • AirurandoP
    852 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    AirurandoP wrote: »

LOL I didn't catch that until u pointed out. I had to read again and sound out the words. I guess it's true about how the brain fills in the gap and auto corrects. Good catch AirurandoP.

I know. They think I don't know about their sorded "food earing" fetishes but I do! I read the papers!

It's disgraceful carry-on.

mhyhiitfz0jm.jpg

• ojbee
    112 posts Member
    girl22721 wrote: »
    I'm trying to win Notre Dame with Seamus; had 3 attempts so far which got me the Duff Party Liner and then 2 leprechauns. Not ideal but at least that's 6.75% added to multiplier. I'll persevere until successful.

Good luck Girl22721
  • AirurandoP wrote: »

:D:smiley: didn't even catch that!
  • I already had Seamus, and none of the other options are worth 80 donuts to me, so total pass.
  • I got the Notre dame on my first try
    We'll chew this planet up and spit it out!
  • girl22721
    1159 posts Member
    Well done. I got Blarney Castle on my 4th try; probably the worst prize. Two items remain, perhaps I'll end up with them all!
  • ojbee
    112 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Okay so I sold all my KEM in storage. Got over $1M back. Not really sold on KEM farming but bought 20 to try it out and turned on the collider. That should yield somewhere between 500k and 600k xp. My multiplier is 597.75 without hidden (so that would be a bit more than 800 total) 2000 xp × 20 kem × (800% multiplier + 500% collider) = 520k xp which means 2 rounds (8 hrs) per day (1M xp needed for bonuts) to recoup the 10-day collier cost. Any additional rounds I manage each day is the icing on donuts... (yes I love when math and food come together). Will see how I feel after 10 days.

EDIT: My math is wayyyyy off. Please see my later postings on next page.
    Post edited by ojbee on