EA Forums - Banner

Game Logs Me Off, Signing Back In Says Its On Another Device

Prev13
empathy77
4185 posts Member
edited March 2017
3 times in the past 2 weeks, my game has logged me out and when I go to sign back in, I get the "warning, your game was logged on with another device" message (exact wording I am not sure about). No it hasn't EA. If my game was logged into another device, it was someone else's device. Which means this person can mess with my game.

You have had this issue in the past. Please do not let it come back now.

Anyone else having this problem lately?

Replies

• There's another thread where someone else mentioned this. I had a message saying I was logged out earlier today, but nothing about any other device. Maybe just server issues?
  • There's another thread where someone else mentioned this. I had a message saying I was logged out earlier today, but nothing about any other device. Maybe just server issues?

Link to the other thread:

https://forums.ea.com/en/discussion/94910/update-nuked-my-sign-in#latest

This is our last dance. This is ourselves under pressure.
  • empathy77
    4185 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    There's another thread where someone else mentioned this. I had a message saying I was logged out earlier today, but nothing about any other device. Maybe just server issues?

My issue is different than this one. This post is about being unable to log in. My issue is that I am logged out of the game and when I sign back in, it tells me it has been signed on to another device. Which is not possible since I am at work and the device I am using is the only device available to me at the time.

I changed the name of the thread to avoid confusion.
  • You can get that message if the data on your device and the data on the server don't match, this can be caused by several means including device and server not syncing and then something happens to the data on either the device or the server, a dropped connection etc.
  • empathy77 wrote: »
    There's another thread where someone else mentioned this. I had a message saying I was logged out earlier today, but nothing about any other device. Maybe just server issues?

My issue is different than this one. This post is about being unable to log in. My issue is that I am logged out of the game and when I sign back in, it tells me it has been signed on to another device. Which is not possible since I am at work and the device I am using is the only device available to me at the time.

I changed the name of the thread to avoid confusion.

Yes, the main issue on the other thread was different, but someone in that thread mentions being booted off and having to sign in again. Sorry for the confusion.
  • TwigletStyx
    1043 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    ebacfm.jpg
    jgi795.jpg
    I have always gotten these two messages when I switch between towns/devices. Today's message was different. Only one and it said....." ANOTHER device has signed into your Springfield..." I wish I would have taken a pic. Maybe they've just changed the message, but I've never received this from a boot before, and only get the above messages ..always both, when switching, which I wasn't doing today.

Is this the message?

ETA:

Just realized which message you meant. I searched through my screenshots but apparently I deleted it, & I'm unable to find an image on the web. Sorry @empathy77
    Post edited by TwigletStyx on
    This is our last dance. This is ourselves under pressure.
  • I had that today around when others were reporting issues. Logged me out and then said I was logged in to another device. I hard closed the app and that seemed to fix it.

• I had that happen today. I got a message that I was logged out of the game, and would I like to log back in. The choice was OK or CANCEL. I hit OK and got the regular log in page. But then, my game wouldn't load. It said I was logged into a different device. (which I was not.) Short story, I hard closed my tablet, and nervously waited a long time for the game to load, and at last it did. Strange though.
  • Same thing's been happening to me.
  • johncolombo
    11274 posts Senior Moderator
    Just happened to me
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Me too. Several times in the last couple of days.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • Twice today
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    It is pretty common for me. I assumed it was from always switching towns and devices. I just got a different error when I tried to switch towns. It said there was an issue processing the login. I had to try three times before I got into the game.
  • Same thing has happened four times to me today and have only used one device.
  • Yeah, couple times today. I only play on one device
  • Wow, my husband was complaining about this happening to him repeatedly today. It didn't happen to me, and I checked the forum to see if anyone else had posted at the time but no one had. He'll be relieved to know it was not just him.
  • I've gotten the "you've been signed off" message 3 times today, but no 'other device' message and no problem logging back in. It just keeps logging me off.

• I got this three times also What is going on?
    "We are, without a doubt, the weirdest ship in the fleet." - Lt. Malloy, The Orville.
  • The Russians can now log on as all of us at once, buy Funzos, and then enjoy some vodka.