EA Forums - Banner

Anyone know about petrol lawnmowers?

9EcpUvF.jpg

In the picture there's a metal cage surrounding I think is an exhaust pipe. Question is do I need it? Mine has broken off.
(The picture isn't mine but is the only picture I could find online with the cage).

Replies

• My guess is that the exhaust muffler gets really hot and the cage is to prevent an accidental burn.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • If it’s a safety feature or serves some other vital function, it is probably mentioned in the manual that came with the mover. And if you can’t locate the paper manual, you can almost always find an on-line version these days.
  • @IckabodSchrek yeah I've bunt myself a could of times :lol:
    @KrustyBrand I can't find mine so I'll have to look online. I've tried fitting it back on but to no joy. There's no clips and doesn't look like anything has snapped.
  • HomerND84 wrote: »
    @IckabodSchrek yeah I've bunt myself a could of times :lol:
    @KrustyBrand I can't find mine so I'll have to look online. I've tried fitting it back on but to no joy. There's no clips and doesn't look like anything has snapped.

Well then, you just answered your question. You need to replace it. :D
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • HomerND84 wrote: »
    @IckabodSchrek yeah I've bunt myself a could of times :lol:

Well then, you just answered your question. You need to replace it. :D

:lol:
    I'll have to look to see if I can find a online manual. Am not sure if it came with one cos it was a refurbished one. There's a company that was selling refurbished mowers what the did was they would get mowers and do them up like brand new. We got a 2 year guarantee with it but it's out of date. Tried ringing up but the said they don't do that make and they had no spare parts. Might in the end buy another it only cost £80 ($100). It's the second mower I've had in 10 years.