EA Forums - Banner

Premium items

Personally I like the ones that increase your bonus. That gives you more money through out the game. Right now I am getting 105% bonus which more than doubles what I get on all my collections.

I would not waste my donuts on ones that dont give a bonus or a Character/Building. IE: butterfly tent (unless you like it of course) There are ways to increase your vanity with in house cash VS premiums that only increase vanity like the tent.

Replies

• Ankarstroom
    228 posts
    edited February 2013
    Well the character+building packs are great value. I'd say Frink or Otto, they both got great looking outdoor tasks.
  • HankScorrpio
    166 posts
    edited February 2013
    As most said already, depending how many you have, going for characters is the best.

I have bought Moleman and Squeaky Voice Teen, purely as only had enough for each at both times. Have been happy with both, they have a lot of tasks and outside ones.

Can't comment on the rest, I want Scorpio but refuse to pay £35 on donuts on this game.
    Don't get me wrong, it's a good time waster but it's not worth £35 in my book.

I have got all my donuts for free and will carry on doing so
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Hans Moleman, the Springfield sign and the Volcano lair. You need them. You just do. Get them. Get them now :D
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Frink, otto and if you have 40 left over, get the tyre fire, it's a nice visual addtion, and gives a 4% boost to cash for everthing.
  • madjestynina12q
    216 posts
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the tips guys, I think the character buildings are the way to go, I just don't like the Springfield sign its too big
  • Pieman411
    99 posts
    edited February 2013
    I recommend Sideshow Mel.
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited February 2013
    Otto!
  • madjestynina12q
    216 posts
    edited February 2013
    Thanks again
  • fish30018260
    83 posts
    edited February 2013
    Hi all,
    I've been doing the Homer Buddha all weekend and have gained a lot of premium items. I have noticed that there has been an increase in my ££ and XP amount but is there a tab in the game to see how much extra I'm earning???? Also what are the best premium items to purchase if I was too? I hear the Springfield Sign is the best multiplyer?
  • SlinkyBeads
    442 posts
    edited February 2013
    Hi all,
    I've been doing the Homer Buddha all weekend and have gained a lot of premium items. I have noticed that there has been an increase in my ££ and XP amount but is there a tab in the game to see how much extra I'm earning???? Also what are the best premium items to purchase if I was too? I hear the Springfield Sign is the best multiplyer?

The best way to figure out your % bonus is to collect from your gulp n blow, as it pays out $100 so any extra you get would mean that is your % bonus!

For example mine pays out $126 so my percentage increase is 26% :)
  • SlinkyBeads
    442 posts
    edited February 2013
    My favourite premiums are Krustylu Studios with Side Show Mel, the Aztec building and the Tire Fire!

I also have Moleman, SVT, Shauna and Kearney! Out of those Characters my fave is SVT :-)
  • fish30018260
    83 posts
    edited February 2013
    Hi all,

The best way to figure out your % bonus is to collect from your gulp n blow, as it pays out $100 so any extra you get would mean that is your % bonus!

I don't have the gulp and blow, I have 450 to spend and not sure what to get. I hate lots of apple trees etc from the buddhas but also a few characters and buildings but no buildings without characters. I heard the sign and tire fire increased the amount of xp and ££ a lot?
  • SlinkyBeads
    442 posts
    edited February 2013
    Hi all,

I don't have the gulp and blow, I have 450 to spend and not sure what to get. I hate lots of apple trees etc from the buddhas but also a few characters and buildings but no buildings without characters. I heard the sign and tire fire increased the amount of xp and ££ a lot?

If you press the little i near the item on the build menu it will tell you the % it gives! Each premium decoration gives a small increase so you will be getting some already from your apple trees etc.

I don't have the sign (will be getting it though next time I buy donuts!) but think it is symbolic of Springfield!

I really like Otto too and think I will get him next too! I would go with what you feel would fit best in your Springfield :-)
  • fish30018260
    83 posts
    edited February 2013
    Hi all,

If you press the little i near the item on the build menu it will tell you the % it gives! Each premium decoration gives a small increase so you will be getting some already from your apple trees etc.

I don't have the sign (will be getting it though next time I buy donuts!) but think it is symbolic of Springfield!

I really like Otto too and think I will get him next too! I would go with what you feel would fit best in your Springfield :-)
    Yeah I've seen the little "i" I have read that the % doesn't seem correct for a lot of people. I think I'll get the sign. Tempted to get Dr Nick too.
  • RSommons
    785 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    It is a tough choice. Ultimately it's a question of what do you want? Characters? Money earners? or increased XP?

The subject of Premium Items does come up a lot here on the forum. Here are two threads that go over the value of each item. You can find your percentage (or a close number) by watching the payout on any buliding. The Gulp n Blow is just one of the easier ones. The formula for that is in the 1st link:
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9286548.page
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9291460.page
  • loxellhenrik
    11 posts
    edited February 2013
    Whatever you do, be careful.

I was just browsing items this morning and then the menu disappeared and I had bought Kearney. I now have 8 donuts. I almost had enough for a pretty building and now I have 8 and a freaking Kearney.

How about confirmation first, EA? What about putting the buy button farther away from the menu swiping area, EA? No? Screw you, EA! SCREW YOU!!

... Seriously. Kearney. Don't get Kearney.
  • fish30018260
    83 posts
    edited February 2013

I was just browsing items this morning and then the menu disappeared and I had bought Kearney. I now have 8 donuts. I almost had enough for a pretty building and now I have 8 and a freaking Kearney.

How about confirmation first, EA? What about putting the buy button farther away from the menu swiping area, EA? No? Screw you, EA! SCREW YOU!!

I got Kearney last night.........Only done one mission so far. Is he not very good?
  • loxellhenrik
    11 posts
    edited February 2013

I got Kearney last night.........Only done one mission so far. Is he not very good?

He's just... Kearney.

I'm sure he's just your average premium character but it really **** me off that a slightly off centre swipe through a menu spent 60 donuts on a very peripheral character. He seems to be making more money per task than a regular character but that's cold comfort when I was really saving up for the observatory or the theatre or something. If it'd been the squeaky voiced teen it wouldn't have been quite so bad, he's cheaper and more fun than another bully. But no.

Kearney is a dull character. I can't remember anything he's ever done on the show, he looks like crap and he isn't a building.

But hey, maybe someone loves Kearney, that's fine, just be careful you don't accidentally spend your donuts on a Moleman while scrolling to him leaving you with not enough when you find him. I'm sure that would be almost as depressing.
  • fish30018260
    83 posts
    edited February 2013

He's just... Kearney.

I'm sure he's just your average premium character but it really **** me off that a slightly off centre swipe through a menu spent 60 donuts on a very peripheral character. He seems to be making more money per task than a regular character but that's cold comfort when I was really saving up for the observatory or the theatre or something. If it'd been the squeaky voiced teen it wouldn't have been quite so bad, he's cheaper and more fun than another bully. But no.

Kearney is a dull character. I can't remember anything he's ever done on the show, he looks like crap and he isn't a building.

But hey, maybe someone loves Kearney, that's fine, just be careful you don't accidentally spend your donuts on a Moleman while scrolling to him leaving you with not enough when you find him. I'm sure that would be almost as depressing.
    Good point to be honest. Would rather see Troy Mc Clure.
  • Baggs5
    3 posts
    edited October 2013
    Y'all talked me into it... I added Otto. I love Duff Brewery/DuffMan the most; I've had Barney but lost him last Christmas when they did some kind of reset... I don't know what that was about. Anyway, I've been investing and finally spent some money on this game, but couldn't decide who to add. Thanks for the feedback all. Majority rules.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.