EA Forums - Banner

Drone Mini Game

Prev13
Quite possibly this has been said already but with all the threads on schematics I couldn't find it. When playing the drone game there appears to be more than one type of spy to find. One is the glowing green guys but there are also faint little green squares that seem to indicate someone hiding. For the first time I got over 30 schematics from completing the drone game by being on the lookout for the squares.

Replies

• Another tip in case anyone missed it - you don't have to tap just inside the viewfinder, you can tap anywhere on the screen and you get credit for the spy.
  • Wait, there's a view finder? Will try to be less cross-eyed next time, which really is good advice in general.
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    I heard that tip but are we sure? Because my result can say I tapped 14 super agents or tapped none but I still only get a handful, like 5 or so.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • Quite possibly this has been said already but with all the threads on schematics I couldn't find it. When playing the drone game there appears to be more than one type of spy to find. One is the glowing green guys but there are also faint little green squares that seem to indicate someone hiding. For the first time I got over 30 schematics from completing the drone game by being on the lookout for the squares.

maybe you were including the ones you got when the drone game cleared all your tan men? or did it actually say you earned 30 schematics in the popup after the drone game is over? i just cleared 41 agents, and only got 570 intel and 4 schematics.
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • What I've noticed so far:

I have mine (drone-game) in a very "busy" part of my town, it's hard to locate all the soldiers that are hidden behind buildings, I've seen little reticles (cross-hairs) that will pop up when they are there but not visible.
    - I've dragged it to a part that was empty, and done the mini-game with much better results.
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    I did that too but didn't get any more super agents than expected. I wondered if they hid in buildings.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • IckabodSchrek
    5912 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    In 12 hours today I've collected 28 in one town and 39 in the other. I'm going by the count in the daily challenge, so includes all sources. (Schematics)
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • @simp7fan
    simp7fan wrote: »
    I did that too but didn't get any more super agents than expected. I wondered if they hid in buildings.

Exactly what I was thinking, that's when I noticed the crosshairs.

• spritals148
    1973 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Ok again I must suck at this. I tapped all the bodies I saw and tried all the crosshairs bits. I can't control the drone and several times there has been nothing on the view finder at all. Last result netted me 21spies and 6 super whatevers.
    I got 386 intel and 6 schematics total.
    What the hell am I not getting? Other then possibly everything, but extremely frustrated at the lack of results! I have 37 schematics, I have bought-1 flower (50) and 1 bus stop (40)
    This is day 3 and I still don't have enough to get another flower or stop and let's not even go into the leveling factor!!
    My mini game building is in an open area and that is definitely not helping me at all!!!
    *kicking cans*!!!!!!

Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • You aren't able to control where the viewfinder goes, I will say that before I hit the drone up, I manually clear the "men in tan" then do the drone, right now I think in total I have 116 of the blue schematics since this whole thing started.
  • I have 37 schematics, I have bought-1 flower (50) and 1 bus stop (40)
    This is day 3 and I still don't have enough to get another flower or stop and let's not even go into the leveling factor!!

Same problem here. I've just bought 1 flower today and bought 1 bus stop on day 1. Now back to pretty much 0 schematics. The drop rate doesn't seem consistent. Even with winning extras or getting more with a daily task I feel like this event is an excessive grind. Would love to decorate a new little spy area in my town... gonna look pretty rubbish with 1 flower and one bus stop. Maybe thats why craftables are so cheap in this event.... because we're never gonna win more than 1 or 2
  • bluntcard
    4039 posts Member
    Another tip in case anyone missed it - you don't have to tap just inside the viewfinder, you can tap anywhere on the screen and you get credit for the spy.

I tried this, it worked. Many more tapped.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • girl22721
    1160 posts Member
    This is crashing an awful lot for me & unlike the Homer chilli and find Maggie games you don't get a retry 5 minutes later. Unsure whether or not it accumulates any rewards before crashing... :(
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    When the game starts I just begin wildly tapping all over the screen as fast as I can (using a stylus). I'm getting a fairly good return - much better than just trying to tap the ones I see.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    Ok, I was just doing it again and I had a thought... I started tapping all over the screen with all 8 fingers and got the most I've gotten yet.
  • Fingering defeats stealth.
  • 4junk3000
    6342 posts Member
    wadebear wrote: »
    Ok, I was just doing it again and I had a thought... I started tapping all over the screen with all 8 fingers and got the most I've gotten yet.

THIS is what i'm doing. Tapping with like 8 fingers is giving me average 28-30 + 5-10 of the rarer guy.

My building is surrounded by a moderate amount of trees. I now notice the guys like coming out from behind trees, so it seems to be helping to concentrate them and make them easier to tap. I haven't had to search around my whole town at all; they are definitely congregating around the building.

All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • girl22721 wrote: »
    This is crashing an awful lot for me & unlike the Homer chilli and find Maggie games you don't get a retry 5 minutes later. Unsure whether or not it accumulates any rewards before crashing... :(

Yeah I have this problem too, it's crashed 3 times on me so far and I got no rewards for the few agents I did tap before it crashed.
  • I have had the crashing 4 times now, no rewards... please fix this EA.
  • Yes indeed.....using ALL your fingers to tap is the way to max out the results. I've netted more than 35 on several occasions. Using a stylus does NOT get it done.
    Yes, I'm a real author.....try this link and you can read the first 3 chapters of my newest Amazon Vella sci-fi adventure for FREE: https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/story/B09Z8HKLXW