EA Forums - Banner

Comic con

AARONRTD
1807 posts Member
Once again couldn't get tickets, haven't been since 2002. Really sucks living here and can't go. Maybe this year I'll try the outdoor stuff, ohhh a street walker here I come.

Replies

• simp7fan
    4165 posts Member
    Where's here? And where's there? San Diego?

I've never been to one. Never had the desire to go to one. Maybe if I was dragged along with a friend, though.

I've been to E3, which might be a little similar except for different media.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • I go twice a year to our UK ones. The people that go are ace.
    I take my little nephew, he does his funny cosplay. We have a great time.
    Best thing I got at the March one was this mug!
    51zJie4VyPL._SY355_.jpg

• AARONRTD
    1807 posts Member
    simp7fan wrote: »

I've never been to one. Never had the desire to go to one. Maybe if I was dragged along with a friend, though.

Comic con is San Diego and is one of the biggest and probably the the best ones to go to. Where as others may be great in their own right (I can't speak for them), Hollywood comes out in force here (this is where every Star Wars has been teased). One year I went they had this thing called x-box or something, SoBe drink and **** stars selling their own figures and signing DVD's. Got Jango Fett and Boba Fett signature there.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    AARONRTD wrote: »
    simp7fan wrote: »

Comic con is San Diego and is one of the biggest and probably the the best ones to go to. Where as others may be great in their own right (I can't speak for them), Hollywood comes out in force here (this is where every Star Wars has been teased). One year I went they had this thing called x-box or something, SoBe drink and **** stars selling their own figures and signing DVD's. Got Jango Fett and **** Fett signature there.

I’ve been to SDCC a handful of times over the decades, the last being about 5 or 6 years ago. Never again. I know this will date me as an old curmudgeon, but what was once upon a time a relatively small, fan-centric experience has degenerated into a joyless one that has little to do with, ya know, comics. If you like paying big bucks to endlessly sit in line in an over-crowded venue, then this is the place for you.

• 168sean168
    3784 posts Member
    Sounds like a fun expo. I only experienced it watching Ted 2
  • tommy1724
    1972 posts Member
    I go twice a year to our UK ones. The people that go are ace.
    I take my little nephew, he does his funny cosplay. We have a great time.
    Best thing I got at the March one was this mug!
    51zJie4VyPL._SY355_.jpg

@eliansukke180 didn't even let us know he was running a booth! #lostopportunity
  • 4junk3000
    5301 posts Member
    I've been to Dragon con in ATL which is a fiction/fantasy con so it covers everything from tv to comics. It's evolved to a three day Halloween event for "adults". Fun if you like to dress up, but otherwise people watching is free just hanging outside.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."