EA Forums - Banner

Knightboat rebate added to the store

Replies

• I have all the water, so plenty of room. I'm farming 100 donuts per day and can collect them 5 times a day, so i'm buying 5 Knightboats a day I guess until offer ends....Bought 9 already today and still have 1,000 donuts . Don't want to dip too low on that count as I don't know what else is coming this week...May splurge on last day of offer.
  • 4junk3000
    5890 posts Member
    I have all the water, so plenty of room. I'm farming 100 donuts per day and can collect them 5 times a day, so i'm buying 5 Knightboats a day I guess until offer ends....Bought 9 already today and still have 1,000 donuts . Don't want to dip too low on that count as I don't know what else is coming this week...May splurge on last day of offer.

You can farm 100 per day? Ugh. That does make me wish I knew how to do that. Dip too low from 1000????? Omg I swear I can smell them baking now. *drools*
  • That's an excellent rebate! Came here to say it almost rivals the flags during around the world event.

Flags 7.5% for 50 donuts Lots and lots of space 30 flags, and 30 items towards limit
    Boat 5% for 50 still a lot of space 2 boats
    Jet bike 4% for 50 ok space 2 bikes

The knightboat can be placed on water, where most people have a lot of free space.

Was going to be my reply now I'm catching up on the thread, I might get five so once I've got all the water I can build all the beach hideaways properly and give them a knightboat each...:smiley:
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »
    I have all the water, so plenty of room. I'm farming 100 donuts per day and can collect them 5 times a day, so i'm buying 5 Knightboats a day I guess until offer ends....Bought 9 already today and still have 1,000 donuts . Don't want to dip too low on that count as I don't know what else is coming this week...May splurge on last day of offer.

You can farm 100 per day? Ugh. That does make me wish I knew how to do that. Dip too low from 1000????? Omg I swear I can smell them baking now. *drools*

Lol, that's nothing, I almost get that every 4 hours, and have nearly 20,000 in reserve.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    wiedmannaj wrote: »
    4junk3000 wrote: »

Lol, that's nothing, I almost get that every 4 hours, and have nearly 20,000 in reserve.

Good for you that can farm that much, but lets not act like this is the norm especially for a freemium player starting out with farming. I would still recommend KEM farming but you can't expect 100s or more a day.
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    That's an excellent rebate! Came here to say it almost rivals the flags during around the world event.

Flags 7.5% for 50 donuts Lots and lots of space 30 flags, and 30 items towards limit

The knightboat can be placed on water, where most people have a lot of free space.

Was going to be my reply now I'm catching up on the thread, I might get five so once I've got all the water I can build all the beach hideaways properly and give them a knightboat each...:smiley:
    That's a good minimum, 1 per hideaway. Good idea.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • meinaz wrote: »
    wiedmannaj wrote: »
    4junk3000 wrote: »

Good for you that can farm that much, but lets not act like this is the norm especially for a freemium player starting out with farming. I would still recommend KEM farming but you can't expect 100s or more a day.
    I never said otherwise. To get to this point, I had to work very hard for years. I was KEM (& Krusty Burger, before they changed the payouts) farming before there was even discussion about it on the forum. I only pursued income producing buildings, and was conscious of my multiplier. I did this all without buying donuts, as well, might I add.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • girl22721
    1160 posts Member
    I might get five so once I've got all the water I can build all the beach hideaways properly and give them a knightboat each...:smiley:

I like this idea, it's a good excuse to buy 5 knightboats; have now kitted out my beach front accordingly!
  • PatrickSays
    1140 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    That's an excellent rebate! Came here to say it almost rivals the flags during around the world event.

Great point! i may buy 500 donuts worth for 50% :)
    Post edited by PatrickSays on
    First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP
  • Strategically, the fact that these can be placed on water is a huge selling point. I have more water than I could possibly use. Comparing an item's footprint on water to another item's footprint on land is not an apples to apples comparison.
  • The boat is obviously more cost effective than the whale and it is very slightly more space efficient by my calculations. Are there any other multiples that go on water that compare? Not counting beach house stuff...
  • petehd14
    2769 posts Member
    I already had 1, but I bought two more. I don't really want to have farms of anything. I've got too many tennis courts and wailing walls that I would like to slowly work into storage.
  • st3phen527
    34 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Arguments about the effectiveness of Mystery Boxes aside, I think this is the best deal on bonus available. A better deal for donuts than the reigning champion, Jet Bikes. At 20D for 2%, that's a lot better than 30D for 2%. And, while they sure are hard to hide compared to Jet Bikes on land, I can't stop buying Knightboats!! :o
    I went to Hollywood Upstairs Medical College.
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »

Meh, I'm ahead of some players, others are ahead of me. My multiplier is 737.5, just started recently moving it up. To me this isn't a race. It's about having fun, and a cool looking town. Some of my neighbors who are ahead of me have a town crammed to the gills and haven't even purchased near all the land. What fun is that? What do they win? Nothing....What do I win? Nothing....If it is fun for them, fine. I remember when starting out, I was always short of cash. Now I bring in at least 3 million a day and spend it all on KEMs. I just need two plots of land, and one more free land token to get in act 3. Need just 4 playable characters plus the ones still coming this event. SH Done with resources overflowing. KL, done and all land there and 800K in the bank. All the aspirationals, IRS, Money Mountain, and Redwood all fully upgraded.

Eventually you will get 100 donuts and 3 million cash a day as well, then it will keep going up. Have fun getting there.
  • Was going to buy some last night, but decided to do a test first. 62 donuts raised my % 7 points with mystery boxes. Some donut finds in the boxes is why my cost was 62 and not 60. So while water has less on it, news vans and I+S signs are easier to hide. I will be adding a couple of boats, but mystery boxes were the way to go for me.
  • Was going to buy some last night, but decided to do a test first. 62 donuts raised my % 7 points with mystery boxes. Some donut finds in the boxes is why my cost was 62 and not 60. So while water has less on it, news vans and I+S signs are easier to hide. I will be adding a couple of boats, but mystery boxes were the way to go for me.

I have only bought a few mystery boxes. Although the payout is better, and stuff can be hidden, it's those danged Lard Lads which keeps me away. I have 5, all out and don't want to clutter my inventory or my town with extras any further. (Cough cough Springfield Heights add-ons sitting in inventory.). Bring them all out, kiss finding Maggie goodbye. some people have hundreds of them in storage. I'll still be able to build my multiplier without the boxes, and I'll still get a high multiplier my way.

Now open Krustlyland for Lard Lads, I'm in.
  • It may appeared in the store for 5 days.
    But it will return May 5th to the 9th
  • aidx1054
    1554 posts Member
    I bought 10 which brought my multiplier up to 620% I'm wondering if I should buy more to give me a 700% bonus, does anyone want to the maths for me and see how effective that would be for KEM farming since I don't want to spend so many donuts for something that wouldn't give me a noticable advantage? Thanks in advance!
  • aidx1054 wrote: »
    I bought 10 which brought my multiplier up to 620% I'm wondering if I should buy more to give me a 700% bonus, does anyone want to the maths for me and see how effective that would be for KEM farming since I don't want to spend so many donuts for something that wouldn't give me a noticable advantage? Thanks in advance!

It's dependant on what SH buildings you have out as well.. but as a base you're basic 14400XP per KEM now with it increasing to a basic 16000XP per KEM if you get to 700%
  • bought 25 this morning, great buy and 50% boost! i already have so many I&S signs and News Vans plus my farm is an eye sore already. wanted to boost my XP not donut count, i can do that easily and quickly.
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish