EA Forums - Banner

Daily challenge

adruralo
3277 posts Member
The daily challenge this morning was a bit stingy for me.
Up to date I've been getting 1,000 cheap intel and yesterday 1,000 floppy disk for two mini game drone scan.
But today; acquire 120 schematics for one donut.
Deleted, so tried another and again 120 schematics for one donut.
iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)

Replies

• The game is messing with you.. You WILL acquire 120 schematics for one tiny donut :smile:
  • HMGaga
    171 posts Member
    I had that in act 1 too, also tapping 40 man in tan for one donut as well...
  • 1 donut is so much better than 1000 intel.

think about it....

in the bonuts games (which surely you will inevitably get to) it is 5000+ intel for a CHANCE at 3 donuts

so even if you manage to click 3 donuts, that's over 1666 intel for each donut

1 donut is much better than intel. go with it!

• adruralo52 wrote: »
    The daily challenge this morning was a bit stingy for me.
    Up to date I've been getting 1,000 cheap intel and yesterday 1,000 floppy disk for two mini game drone scan.
    But today; acquire 120 schematics for one donut.
    Deleted, so tried another and again 120 schematics for one donut.

I've got the same challenge except the prize is for 1000 intel, I'd much sooner it was the other way around, collect 1000 intel for 120 schematics :)
  • jellypawn wrote: »
    1 donut is so much better than 1000 intel.

think about it....

in the bonuts games (which surely you will inevitably get to) it is 5000+ intel for a CHANCE at 3 donuts

It depends on how likely you are to complete the event prize track/how much you want the last prize. I always dismiss event currency daily tasks but it almost backfired on me in act 1. I completed the act with an an hour to go, which included setting an alarm at 1am on the last day to connect tasks and reassign to get one more round out before I woke up.

IIRC, the purchase value for Bont was about 5 donuts for every 500 Intel you were lacking, so at that point in the event, 1000 Intel was equivalent to 10 donuts for anyone who was struggling to get Bont.

When it comes to Bonut boxes, event currency should absolutely be dismissed in the hope of getting a donut.

Although I now have Bont - and from this afternoon I'll have the nerds - earning Intel, I'm keeping today's challenge for 1000 Intel because I'd rather get myself slightly ahead in case something interrupts my fortnight. Donuts are relatively easy to come by nowadays so I can live with prioritising the event currency early on.
  • adruralo
    3277 posts Member
    jellypawn wrote: »
    1 donut is so much better than 1000 intel.

think about it....

That depends on your game and what your after.
    One donut means nothing to me but the floppy disks are.

• OH MAN !
    Now I have the same daily challenge for the same prize. Karma...
  • adruralo52 wrote: »
    That depends on your game and what your after.

This.

Even though I'm going to easily get the Act prizes and will likely easily finish all the crafting, it's tempting to grab a daily challenge that gets me to the next prize quicker. Does it really matter if I get the Lava thing 5 minutes from now or in 4 hours? Not really. Yet sometimes I have to have "it" asap.

My current daily challenge is Complete 2 Drone Scans for 90 schematics. I feel like I should cancel it. I need 775 more schematics for the Nothing to See Here, so getting 90 isn't going to put it in my town within the next 12 hours. There's no immediate thrill with finishing the daily challenge.

I guess I should be going for 1-3 donuts challenges, but I don't do that enough.
  • interesting points. I've deleted all schematic daily challenges, but I keep the intel ones, even after i've got the last prize, just if i got 1 donut for the day I wouldn't delete that, but I prioritise getting donuts over EVERYTHING else.
  • adruralo
    3277 posts Member
    I had a good challenge this morning. Collect 30 schematics from MIT for 1,000 floppy disks.
    With the increase in MIT dropping schematics I had the 1,000 floppy disks within the hour.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    My challenge today was 120 schematics for 3 donuts. I would generally skip ones that required schematic collection but I couldn't pass up 3 donuts. It is actually going pretty quickly. I am already at 89/120.
  • Today's challenge was for me to collect 3000 and something intel for 90 schematics, think that it is one of the best challenges I've had.
  • For what it's worth, I remember posting in another thread that I inadvertently gained doughnuts by skipping 1000 intel daily challenges, basically I was swapping out to try and win schematics, but 4 out of 5 turned into a prize for one doughnut... the other was a schematics prize...

Anyway, when it all came to the end, I scraped in for Bont and the 5x1000 daily challenges would've equalled one round of bonuts for a maximum of 3 (with a potential payout of 300,000 IGC) and I ended up with a net total of 4 from the challenges...

Don't think it always works like that, but was interesting none the less
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • Yea but worth testing :)
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.