EA Forums - Banner

What is your multiplier?

Replies

• katn67 wrote: »
    Mine is at 241% - my philosophy is that I don't buy anything just to get a multiplier.

This is me.
  • Ok, legitimate question. Because I've only recently started KEM farming and never considered my multiplier til now.

Don't you all have to keep a lot of random crap out in your towns? I mean, there's only so much you can hide. Also, does this account for the item limit popups? I'd like to increase my multiplier, but I don't want my town to start looking like a storage dump. And like one of the posters before me, I dislike the idea of buying things I'm not find of just to increase my multiplier.

How do you all handle this?
  • I will buy anything now with or without multiplier. In donut scarce days I will only buy if it offers at least 2 % for 40 donuts
  • 688.60%
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Ok, legitimate question. Because I've only recently started KEM farming and never considered my multiplier til now.

Don't you all have to keep a lot of random crap out in your towns? I mean, there's only so much you can hide. Also, does this account for the item limit popups? I'd like to increase my multiplier, but I don't want my town to start looking like a storage dump. And like one of the posters before me, I dislike the idea of buying things I'm not find of just to increase my multiplier.

I try to keep it to single items that I can display so hiding it isn't a concern. Sometimes good deals pop up, like the 30 flags for 50 donuts and 7.5%. Over time I've bought 5 or 6 sets. One is out on my boardwalk, on at the airport, the rest are hidden behind SH buildings (at least those monsters are good for something!) I probably have 10 or 15 news vans, some are at the channel 6 building, some are scattered around town "on assignment" a few I hide behind big buildings so only the dish sticks so it looks like a satellite tv dish. The billboards can be stashed just about anywhere, but also can be displayed if they're spread out.

My point is things are easy to hide in plain sight if you can work them into a design. Send me a friend request if you want to see for yourself.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    Ok, legitimate question. Because I've only recently started KEM farming and never considered my multiplier til now.

I try to keep it to single items that I can display so hiding it isn't a concern. Sometimes good deals pop up, like the 30 flags for 50 donuts and 7.5%. Over time I've bought 5 or 6 sets. One is out on my boardwalk, on at the airport, the rest are hidden behind SH buildings (at least those monsters are good for something!) I probably have 10 or 15 news vans, some are at the channel 6 building, some are scattered around town "on assignment" a few I hide behind big buildings so only the dish sticks so it looks like a satellite tv dish. The billboards can be stashed just about anywhere, but also can be displayed if they're spread out.

My point is things are easy to hide in plain sight if you can work them into a design. Send me a friend request if you want to see for yourself.

Yes, you can hide things in plain sight if you have a few of each thing. I have yet to see a town with an extremely high multiplier that doesn't have somewhere that they have a pile of things with multipliers such as the news vans or IS signs. You can hide 15 but can't really hide 100+ in a town.
  • Ok, legitimate question. Because I've only recently started KEM farming and never considered my multiplier til now.

I guess my next question would be, with something like the flags, does each one count toward your item limit? I had considered those but I live in dread of the popup!
  • meinaz wrote: »

Yes, you can hide things in plain sight if you have a few of each thing. I have yet to see a town with an extremely high multiplier that doesn't have somewhere that they have a pile of things with multipliers such as the news vans or IS signs. You can hide 15 but can't really hide 100+ in a town.

Yes and this, I think, is what I've witnessed. I don't want a giant multiplier for just this reason. Having a cluttered town kind of defeats the purpose of being able to buy a lot of premiums (and I already have plenty of clutter IRL!)
  • superefrain7
    249 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Mine is very little 367.45% As soon as this event ends I am planning to buy as many mystery boxes as I can!!! Hopefully EA will give us some break in between events, tie ins, mini events!!! So far I am in a non-stop mode since January buying limited time characters all the time!!!!
  • rw228
    1057 posts Member
    @4kidsandacatdog I'm at roughly 1200% and can farm 90-150 doughnuts a day with around 70 KEM. You can add me and look at my town if you want. I have lots of things hidden without much clutter and I'm around the 7500 item mark. So my multiplier isn't as high as others but I can still get things I need to get now.
  • Jonalinn
    1805 posts Member
    edited April 2017

Speaking for myself, I don't have "random crap" (lol w/ @4kidsandacatdog :D ) in my town for the most part. My game looks like a town yet my multiplier is somewhat high. I do have multiple whales (but they look fine and natural in the water). For me, town design is very important so any time I'm looking to increase my multiplier, I look for items I can hide.
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • Jonalinn wrote: »

Speaking for myself, I don't have "random crap" (lol w/ @4kidsandacatdog :D ) in my town for the most part. My game looks like a town yet my multiplier is somewhat high. I do have multiple whales (but they look fine and natural in the water). For me, town design is very important so any time I'm looking to increase my multiplier, I look for items I can hide.

I can vouch for her town. No random crap around. Nicely decorated. I do hope they offer the world's largest toilet though, say for 1 Billion dollars
  • Jonalinn
    1805 posts Member
    168sean168 wrote: »

I can vouch for her town. No random crap around. Nicely decorated. I do hope they offer the world's largest toilet though, say for 1 Billion dollars

How very sweet of you to say @168sean168 ... thank you :)7h76jXW.jpg
  • Jonalinn wrote: »

Thank you. Love your cute images :smile:
  • Jonalinn
    1805 posts Member
    Jonalinn wrote: »

Thank you. Love your cute images :smile:

Wl1P2OY.png;)
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Jonalinn wrote: »

l would absolutely agree about her town too.
    meinaz wrote: »

Also it is possible to have over 100 of an item around and hide them. I have 8 total sets of flags for 240 total flags. 2 sets on display =60. I have 6 flags out for the 3 nations covered in the workd event earlier this year so thats 6x3=18+60=78. I also have Ireland out for St. Patricks day items and China at my great wall 2x6=12+78=90 flags on display means I have 150 hidden and you will never see even one of them.

Edit: Correct the numbers. My math stinks today
    Post edited by daved7637397 on
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Jonalinn
    1805 posts Member
    @daved7637397

Thank you Dave, very nice of you to say ;) (e-hug!)

@meinaz

Granted, I don't have an extremely high multiplier (no where near that in fact lol), but I do own hundreds and hundreds of bonus items that are all hidden. My news vans (I don't really have very many) are all designed into the town's landscape.. i.e., covering breaking news in that area, etc. (like the mob hit murder at the Old Abandoned Warehouse :o ). I don't really own many IS signs either, but the same goes for them. Don't tell @anaquarind ;) but I've also got dozens of multiplying items in storage simlpy because they don't fit into the way my town is currently designed.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    @Jonalinn I am glad that you are able to hide most of your multipliers. I really am trying not to offend anybody but I did want to point out that for some towns it looks like increasing the multiplier takes precedent over design. There is nothing wrong with that but I just wanted to point out that reality since @4kidsandacatdog was asking.
  • 688.60%

688 is a great figure! You are heading towards prosperity LPN!
  • Jonalinn
    1805 posts Member
    meinaz wrote: »
    @Jonalinn I am glad that you are able to hide most of your multipliers. I really am trying not to offend anybody but I did want to point out that for some towns it looks like increasing the multiplier takes precedent over design. There is nothing wrong with that but I just wanted to point out that reality since @4kidsandacatdog was asking.

Oh yes, I totally understand.