EA Forums - Banner

Missing mountains glitch

Was this as rare as it seems to be? I thought a lot of people were able to take advantage of the side by side tunnels glitch but I went through my entire friends list and found no one had done it except me. (80+ friends 50+ active, many at 939) Or is it that when visiting friends the mountains show regardless of whether or not they removed them? I dont have a second account to check it against my town.

I just want to see what others did with the extra space. I'd post a pic of what I've done but I have no idea how to do it right. Anyone got some pics they want to share of that space?
"I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "

Replies

• tapebelt
    668 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    a lot of people removed their mountains when the glitch was live, but put them back for fear of what might happen after ea fixed the issue (a legitimate concern). i risked it and went all in, keeping the pieces i removed in my inventory, then designed on top of the land. i was one of the people whose monorail was already fully integrated into my designs, and therefore would've been required to move my entire town over one square to align the track with the mountain tunnels.... no way was i ever gonna attempt that. thanks to the mountain moving glitch though, i was able to finally run the monorail track up to SH.
    Or is it that when visiting friends the mountains show regardless of whether or not they removed them?

nah, they are missing if your neighbor's town doesn't have them... i've seen them removed in some of my neighbors' towns.
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • tapebelt wrote: »
    i was one of the people whose monorail was already fully integrated into my designs, and therefore would've been required to move my entire town over one square to align the track with the mountain tunnels.... no way was i ever gonna attempt that. thanks to the mountain moving glitch though, i was able to finally run the monorail track up to SH.

Same for me.
    Or is it that when visiting friends the mountains show regardless of whether or not they removed them?

nah, they are missing if your neighbor's town doesn't have them... i've seen them removed in some of my neighbors' towns.

Thanks for confirming that too!

Mine is just filled with lake water and trees for the same reasons others were fearing a fix. Would like to eventually put it to good use...

"I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "