EA Forums - Banner

The be all end all Android Simpsons tapped out Add Me Thread!!

Prev1
Not mine.

I've got an android phone and I refuse to play this game on a phone. Besides, the app is not available in my android market.

LOL unless Nook Color gets it? I doubt I will be playing it on anything other than the iOS devices.

Replies

• Jerktohurt
    8 posts
    edited February 2013
    Add papapoir , ircpunk , gerrysground , joelgiro , jerktohurt We all play daily and most have premium items.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited February 2013
    Another add me thread to look forward to oh the joy! sooo cant wait NOT :lol: :twisted: :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • waltercartman
    677 posts
    edited February 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Not mine.

I've got an android phone and I refuse to play this game on a phone. Besides, the app is not available in my android market.

LOL unless Nook Color gets it? I doubt I will be playing it on anything other than the iOS devices.

I have a Samsung tab so that runs better then anything I have from apple.

So to me this is a big day.
  • yoss2013
    65 posts
    edited February 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Another add me thread to look forward to oh the joy! sooo cant wait NOT :lol: :twisted: :mrgreen::mrgreen:

If this would be the only one, I wouldn't mind, but...

we all know this is not gonna happen... right?
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Not mine.

That actually makes me sad because I just realized that we may lose some of our friends. Some will make the switch to Android and abandon their iOS towns which means we would lose them as neighbors. I don't want to lose my neighbors!!!! WAAAAA!

I hate this update even more now.
  • melserd
    233 posts
    edited February 2013
    Can we please stop using the A word (android not apple)
    It making my eyes bleed :evil: lol

imXu392.png
  • waltercartman
    677 posts
    edited February 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Not mine.

That actually makes me sad because I just realized that we may lose some of our friends. Some will make the switch to Android and abandon their iOS towns which means we would lose them as neighbors. I don't want to lose my neighbors!!!! WAAAAA!

I hate this update even more now.
    My hope is it all run with each other.

Like I said if I can't keep my iOS town then what would be the point of switching?

To much time and money to start all the way over.
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited February 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    I've got an android phone and I refuse to play this game on a phone.
    Yeah, I can relate. I started playing on an iPhone 4, and the iPhone 5 screen was a huge improvement.

Now that I've seen the game on my 10" Android tablet, going back to the tiny iPhone screen is ROUGH!
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I don't want to keep quoting because I want to reply to two people:

Walter - I would be TERRIFIED of trying to switch my town to the Android system. This is the same game that loves to reset people to level 1!! Have you thought about that? What if the switch made it reset?

Dcline - I play my alternate town on an iPad mini and my main one an iPad. The difference is so alarming that I feel like I'm going blind lol. I can't imagine going from a phone to an iPad. I did for a tiny bit also play on an iPod Touch and that was insanity. I couldn't see anything.
  • waltercartman
    677 posts
    edited February 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    I don't want to keep quoting because I want to reply to two people:

Walter - I would be TERRIFIED of trying to switch my town to the Android system. This is the same game that loves to reset people to level 1!! Have you thought about that? What if the switch made it reset?

Dcline - I play my alternate town on an iPad mini and my main one an iPad. The difference is so alarming that I feel like I'm going blind lol. I can't imagine going from a phone to an iPad. I did for a tiny bit also play on an iPod Touch and that was insanity. I couldn't see anything.
    Mine and your town are saved so even if it tried to reset there is always a way to get it back.

Ea will want this to work well because they will be adding wayyyyy more people.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Those bleeding eyeballs are freaking me the hell out!!

This needs to hurry up and get to another page so I don't have to see them anymore, lol.

I think there have been people with saved towns who still got reset. Speaking of saved....if you can't sign into the server then how is your town truly saved? If you notice the wording in the announcement about the release, it says some save files. It doesn't say all of them.

I will be curious to see the bugs as the days progress and how they integrate things.

Does this mean that they won't be pushing updates for us as much now? Are they focusing their limited attentions on this new money/market opportunity? Will Simpsons iOS become abandonware as they go after the Android market?

I have no idea, I'm just tossing that out there.
  • TRTX84
    556 posts
    edited February 2013
    I'm just going to wait until Origin is connected. No point in building a second town if I'm eventually going to just sync with the current one.
  • melserd
    233 posts
    edited February 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Those bleeding eyeballs are freaking me the hell out!!

This needs to hurry up and get to another page so I don't have to see them anymore, lol..

Haha, sorry :oops:

But it's how I feel about all the talk of TSTO on Android :(
    It's up there with the add me threads lol
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Grandpa! Bleeding eyeballs! Bleeding eyeballs! LOL

I would wait and let other be the guinea pigs. Just monitor the facebook page and watch the complaints rolling in. That way you are not the test subjects. Less stress that way. EA has proven that they like to release items before they are ready.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited February 2013
    yoss2013 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

If this would be the only one, I wouldn't mind, but...

we all know this is not gonna happen... right?

Noo whats gonna happen?? You have me intrigued ;) :P :lol:

Wait.....you dont mean a crazy amounts of dare i say the words......"Add me Threads"?? Nooooooooo :lol:
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited February 2013
    Think I may just go to android too. The galaxy tablet is amazing for me, I would love to play on it if I could. But only if I can take my apple SF with me.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited February 2013
    Think I may just go to android too. The galaxy tablet is amazing for me, I would love to play on it if I could. But only if I can take my apple SF with me.

Bet that wont be allowed by apple :(
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited February 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Yeah I'm pretty sure it won't. Well in that case, I'm Apple's forever!
  • gl0bal_3nemy
    85 posts
    edited February 2013
    I got the .apk file for this game, and I tried it, works.
    I don't know if I'm allowed to share that file here, but if someone can confirm I can, I'll share it.

BTW, the android version still has snow.
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited February 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Does EA have other games on the Android market that use Origin? Would they not be just as seamlessly integrated in Origin as an iPad vs. an iPhone?

My bet is that they developed and tested the base game on the Android platform, but didn't develop and test the valentines update. Since iOS is doing the valentines/heart event, it wouldn't work to add Android to origin until the event ends. If so, we will probably see Android added to Origin the first week of March.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!