EA Forums - Banner

Problem with forum?

tommy1724
1972 posts Member
So every time I try to read a topic in game discussion, I get a message screen that says "the topic you are looking for could not be found". It's bee like that a couple of days, but off topic works okay...

Any wisdom, peeps?

Replies

• Have you tried nuking?
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    I'm getting the same result, but have no wisdom to share. You would think someone would have noticed this.
    phinneacttf in the Crawl to the Finish
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    There seems to be a problem with the forum skins according to people in GD. Use the link below and you should be able to get to it.

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/categories/game-discussion
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    thanks!
    phinneacttf in the Crawl to the Finish
  • tommy1724
    1972 posts Member
    Thanks @meinaz!

Just wished I'd read yours before following the advice @maryclaire1 gave me...

giphy.gif
  • XXXO77O4906
    621 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    @tommy1724 @maryclaire1 @Phinnea @meinaz and the rest.

Let me explain a bit on some stuff here. First, as most of you are aware TSTO forums are only one of many forums that are part of the EA Forums site. This means all forums are linked and are part of the same site, no forum is on its own completely.

As this goes, there is a central view of all this forums called "Category View". When you access this, you view all forums of this site and the category view does not count the forums own background skin and design setting but the global look that has been set for category view which can be changed as needed.

The category view can be accessed from here: https://forums.ea.com/en/categories/the-simpsons-tapped-out for this forum as an example. To know that you are in the category view, simply look at the link and notice if it has "categories" or not. If it does, you are in and you are watching everything.

The skin problem mentioned above is NOT an issue because the users are probably watching from Category view and not specific forum view. So you dont have to worry there as this aint an issue.

Now we get to the topic problem mentioned above. Very recently a Vanilla update was pushed out that sadly glitched few stuff here and there. We are aware of the situation and I have passed it over few days ago, it is being looked into but I dont have an update on when it will be fully solved.

For the moment being, mostly the category view is affected by the above issue. So for now please avoid using it to avoid seeing the problem mentioned above.

Now we get to the specific forum view part. While category view offers an overview of the whole site, some may wish to view only their forum with its specific background and design settings. That is all okay and hence there is a "Specific Forum View" option. In this option, you will only see the forum you selected with its own background and design settings ONLY without the stuff from other forums but the core stuff of the whole site will still remain.

To access specific forum view for this part as an example, please go here: https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out . As you can see its only your TSTO forum that you all know and love. Same applies for other forums. To switch back to category view, for the moment being just add categories in the above link and you will have access. The usual access points have sadly also been messed up with the update so for now that is the only way to access category view for now. Its being looked into but just with topic issue I dont have an ETA yet.

As category view is a bit messed up for now, use specific forum view as I explained above and you should be fine. If you see any additional issues, feel free to tag me or send me a PM and I will look into it. For now I hope I have explained enough on how stuff works, there is a bit more for category view like access points and how to get to it normally but I will hold of on that till its fixed (since then it will be easier to explain).

PS, sorry for the long post. It looks difficult but its actually pretty easy and effective.
  • @XXXO77O4906 I really appreciate your efforts to eliminate problems with the forum, however,you seem to have no answers or solutions and seem to only exacerbate the problems. Really not fun.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • @IckabodSchrek

Trust me on this, I am as frustrated as you are (probably even more actually). I only wish I could push out updates for you guys faster but sadly that is not always the case. Sometimes the issues are solved faster and sometimes it takes a while depending on the issue and what it is.

The answers and solutions part depends on the situation and many factors internally. Sometimes I can straight off give good news and sometimes you need to wait a bit, you must understand that etc. Only thing for now about this issue that I can say is that its being worked on and has been escalated.

I know that is not the best answer you wanted to hear, but its the only one available atm. Its better that then nothing and it could have easily been nothing etc.
  • tommy1724
    1972 posts Member
    Well, @XXXO77O4906, while it may not be a perfect answer, it certainly was a thorough one. Appreciations for your efforts, and for taking the time to respond and explain. Cheers!