EA Forums - Banner

arthritis help

so i have been in pain since last saturday in my hand and wrist, i finally went to the doctor about it and he confirmed what i have been afraid of for awhile...arthritic pain, i have had it off and on for a few years but generally it goes away after a couple of days....this time it just continues....and it feels like it gets steadily worse at times....i have already missed two days of work cause i dont think lifting heavy boxes and repetitive motions that is needed for my job will help it...i go in tomorrow to talk to my boss to see what she wants to do....but the pain is so flipping annoying....ive been using hot compresses which helps out some but once i take that off its back again...i hate not being able to open a door, i cant even hold my daughters hand without it starting to hurt...i just need pain relief without being on some atrocious pain pills....and yes the doctor put me on some arthritis medicine that i started yesterday, now its just waiting.... any suggestions...?
crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56

Replies

• As a fellow sufferer you have my sympathies. Hopefully whatever medication your doctor prescribed will “kick in” soon. In my case, the effect was fairly pronounced and quick — within a few weeks. I cannot stress enough the importance of finding a decent rheumatologist. (My own symptoms were initially misdiagnosed and as a result I ended up with some permanent joint damage.) In the meantime the only advice I can give is to try and not overdo pain medication (I relied for the most part on Motrin) and keep as active as possible given your symptoms. The more active you can be, the better for your overall physical status and for your arthritis symptoms. (Mornings — i.e., after a long period of inactivity — were always worst for me.)
  • yeah the mornings have been the worst, the stiffness, the pain, the frustration.... im thinking of possibly sticking to tylenol...they have me on an NSAID for the arthritis medicine so im kind of hesitant to take medicine right now....i go back in 2 weeks...but thats not helping the whole work thing...one of the managers suggested a different position possibly but thats going to be a huge pay cut... :(

Ive been doing a lot of curling my hand together to keep the stiffness at bay some what....hot compresses help and showers but just temporary relief...

thanks for the advice!!
  • 4junk3000
    5279 posts Member
    I recommend ibuprofen over acetaminophen. And give naproxin a try. It'll either work for you or not, but if it does it's a lower dose which is always better.

I also highly recommend CBD products. Just Google the letters if you don't already know.

Good luck
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »
    I recommend ibuprofen over acetaminophen. And give naproxin a try. It'll either work for you or not, but if it does it's a lower dose which is always better.

I also highly recommend CBD products. Just Google the letters if you don't already know.

Good luck

thanks for the suggestions but im actually not suppose to take Ibuprofen cause of other health conditions... :/ tylenol arthritis helped for when im at work, it still hurt but now as much as it did the first day without the tylenol....