EA Forums - Banner

Max amount of items built AGAIN D:

1pillform
2012 posts Member
edited April 2017
This is the second time this has happened to me. I haven't even unlocked all the newer land yet.....can you believe this crap? They give us land but we can't place items in our towns? This means I'm going to have to wipe out half my town and have nothing but empty space....or I got to be more selective of whats out. Or I got to never have certain items out ever again. Or what? Or get rid of my designs that use a lot of fences maybe? I guess that's a thought but I like my custom parking Garages :/ . I put a lot of effort into those. Lets see what else would I need to wipe out.....my entire Halloween Section I kept? Which is taken up the entire Heights area. Ya, sure that'd save room. But I put effort into that too. Even though it doesn't look perfect. What do you guys do when you keep running into this??? Especially if you like designing as I do? Granted, I think I got a few areas I can definitely do without right now. But to what cost? To make a area empty?....It'd look terrible without anything on it....I guess I could do what someone said once, is to just put water in the empty spot because at least it looks better then just seeing green.

PS, got up really early to start on act 3. But look at this....I can't even place new items now.
~Always be Designing~
Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.

Replies

• 4junk3000
    5275 posts Member
    You are welcome to send me a friend req and I'll attempt an audit of your town, if you'd like an objective opinion.

I've had to audit mine twice, and I've twice been able to reduce by about 500.

My tricks:
    - spread trees out a little more
    - Substitute groups of single square flowers for the quad square version
    - Substitute 3-square bushes for the single square bushes
    - Remove any half sized straight monorail track for full size
    - Remove fences behind trees, replace trees with pines so the holes don't show in winter
    - Remove anything behind a building unless it's a bonus multiplier
    - Remove training walls we placed early to get 5 stars. Newer items should maintain the rating
    - Remove anything you can spare in the water. (They count heavier)
    - Remove street lights. They're kinda irrelevant and very unnoticeable
    - Remove duplicates that only fatten a design. Example: Cletus had three chicken coops, now just one.
    - Remove seasonal items. Example: excessive jack o lanterns
    - Push buildings back a square, when they can conceal a section of fence that could then be removed
    - Cut back on trash cans
    Substitute the corn field squares for large patches of weeds made with assorted plants
    - Eliminate bridges. They count.

Good luck!
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • Bridges count! ?!? :/
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • I have almost everything out but I have removed the fences and bulk of the vegetations. I got one type of each tree out. Still got space for more items :smile: but of course no elaborate designs
  • o dear.
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    Bridges count! ?!? :/

yup broody, they sure do. the bridges that are created when you place a road tile over water count as items, and each side with a piece of bridge counts as an item. so if the road is alongside water, and only one bridge piece is present, it only counts as 1 item. if it's going through a body of water and has pieces on 2 sides, it counts as 2 items. if it's sitting in the middle of water, with 4 pieces on all sides, it counts as 4 items. i already went through my town and got rid of any unnecessary bridges a while back.
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member
    I can truly empathize. I receive the "max" pop-up notices several times a week.
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • rw228
    1047 posts Member
    I've done similar things listed about like removing fences you can't see and spacing trees out. I have to basically cut out any forest that was large too.
  • I'm trying to be careful and not getting to the limit and because of that my town quite empty and have too much land but that's ok. Last time I received a message was like 2 years ago.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • tapebelt wrote: »
    0Brooders0 wrote: »

yup broody, they sure do. the bridges that are created when you place a road tile over water count as items, and each side with a piece of bridge counts as an item. so if the road is alongside water, and only one bridge piece is present, it only counts as 1 item. if it's going through a body of water and has pieces on 2 sides, it counts as 2 items. if it's sitting in the middle of water, with 4 pieces on all sides, it counts as 4 items. i already went through my town and got rid of any unnecessary bridges a while back.

Oh Sorry @tapebelt I wasn't aware that this has been answered
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    tapebelt wrote: »
    0Brooders0 wrote: »

Oh Sorry @tapebelt I wasn't aware that this has been answered

it's all good bro. useful info to have posted, for those that don't know.
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • 1pillform
    2012 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Thanks guys. I'll take a good look around my town. And I know I can easily cut a lot of it out. I got tons of tiny things all over the place. I am a heavy tree and street light user. So I got hundreds of those out. I love my Pagan area but I may have to store it all. Thats a huge area and a good example of what doesn't need to be in my town right now. It certainly takes up a lot of space. Especially the tree's and mushrooms o_o;;
    I forgot I got mushrooms all over my town. I could get rid of those too.

Back from editing my town, Took several things out. My useless army base is now gone. It was ugly anyway. And now its a huge empty spot. I've decided to keep my Pagan town. It looks too good to remove. Got rid of a lot of tree's and some fences. May do more later today idk yet.
    Post edited by 1pillform on
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.