EA Forums - Banner

Spend too much Refund unavailable

13Next

Replies

• zoephoto
    447 posts
    edited February 2013
    dhort1985 wrote:
    Ok well maybe the ISP analogy wasn't the correct one to use but the point remains the same. Everyone keeps referring to getting refunds on finite items. Software is suppose to be infinite. iPhones are going to break eventually. T-shirts are going to get holes in them eventually. Software is exempt to these kinds of expirations.

Software is almost never infinite - buy a new camera, the old adobe software won't support, got a new intel processor, your old g5 software won't work anymore, etc etc
  • zoephoto
    447 posts
    edited February 2013
    peruhomer wrote:
    Secondly, it is Apple who you need to deal with. Forget EA or American Express. Apple sold you the product and therefore assume responsibility for that product according to law.

Ummm no, resellers only guarantee a product or allow returns for a certain amount of time, past that point the company/brand of the item sold are responsible for any product guarantee/warranties.
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    zoephoto wrote:
    peruhomer wrote:
    Secondly, it is Apple who you need to deal with. Forget EA or American Express. Apple sold you the product and therefore assume responsibility for that product according to law.

Ummm no, resellers only guarantee a product or allow returns for a certain amount of time, past that point the company/brand of the item sold are responsible for any product guarantee/warranties.

Zoephoto, you are incorrect in your correction. I said in my original post that the Sale of Goods Act 1979 over-rides any 30 or 60 day policy that a company may have for returns within the UK if a product is deemed to be faulty. The 30- 60 day policy is entirely at the discretion of the company but importantly only covers 'unwanted' goods. This is not the same as if the good is deemed to be 'faulty' in which case the retailer has liability for the product up to 6 months under this particular law (this information is freely available on the Internet)

Unless OP purchased his doughnuts before 8th August of last year (which seems unlikely) then in the UK it would be Apple that retains liability for the sale.

So in regards to your own initial comment, in the UK, you will hate to know(?) that not only can you apply for a refund around 6 months later, you are actually legally entitled to one.
  • zoephoto
    447 posts
    edited February 2013
    peruhomer wrote:
    zoephoto wrote:
    peruhomer wrote:

Zoephoto, you are incorrect in your correction. I said in my original post that the Sale of Goods Act 1979 over-rides any 30 or 60 day policy that a company may have for returns within the UK if a product is deemed to be faulty. The 30- 60 day policy is entirely at the discretion of the company but importantly only covers 'unwanted' goods. This is not the same as if the good is deemed to be 'faulty' in which case the retailer has liability for the product up to 6 months under this particular law (this information is freely available on the Internet)

Unless OP purchased his doughnuts before 8th August of last year (which seems unlikely) then in the UK it would be Apple that retains liability for the sale.

So in regards to your initial comment, in the UK, I am sorry to have to tell you(?) that not only can you apply for a refund around 6 months later, you are actually legally entitled to one.

Oh well I have no idea about the UK - my comment stands in the US!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.